Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbage Fox

Only Championship Team to have signed no-one

I'm sorry but I think many posts on here represent the typical excuses that you read so often.

If anyone feels that last season's squad didn't need strengthening in a couple of key areas then I'm genuinely very surprised. I think it needed strengthening further in January, let alone now.

Yes, developing a good young squad is all well and good, but every squad needs freshening up from time to time. And i maintain ours needs a bit more experience and grit.

Come on guys, be real? I know you're true City fans and behind Pearson all the way but we surely would benefit from a couple of better quality additions.

We would benefit, and we do need reinforcements, but we need to get rid of some of the deadwood/ high wage earners. We shouldn't be adding players onto players.

This has to be a lesson learnt- pay sensible wages and have the ability to move them on in a much simpler fashion.

We're told that season tickets have gone up ..... Do you know any new season ticket holders??? I only know people cancelling them after years .... This is one thing i just do not believe. 

Hopefully we're pumping a few mill into the club by buying our own tickets .... after all it's only like buying you're own shares to drive the price up!

Anything, just anything in order to avoid admitting defeat, eh?

My gosh, you're desperate.

The club couldn't even put a smile on your face if we won the Champions League five times in a row, I bet. You'd still moan like you were a pro wrestler.

Especially with your lot! What's poppin' at the Vic these days anyway?

For certain Lewis McGugan and a young guy from Reading but we are waiting for international approval for some of the loan players who have agreed to come back on a permanent basis (Anya/Pudli for example) from FIFA/FL.

Also we have 3/4 loans from Udinese...

;)

I'm sorry but I think many posts on here represent the typical excuses that you read so often.

If anyone feels that last season's squad didn't need strengthening in a couple of key areas then I'm genuinely very surprised. I think it needed strengthening further in January, let alone now.

Yes, developing a good young squad is all well and good, but every squad needs freshening up from time to time. And i maintain ours needs a bit more experience and grit.

Come on guys, be real? I know you're true City fans and behind Pearson all the way but we surely would benefit from a couple of better quality additions.

No-one's saying we couldn't use a couple of players - I'm certainly not anyway - but most people are accepting that we're unlikely to be able to make any significant additions and we're probably going to have to make do with what we've got.

Why can't you ever look at results between the start and the end of the season, where we finished in the playoffs?

Where do you draw the line on that ? If it was a two game blip OK but this was a virtual half season and it was the most recent half season - next you'll be adding in Svens great escape as evidence of a good team - whatever we had we lost it and only a mug or the party faithful will take 'working hard in training' as good enough to repair things

I am really happy with the stability. For me it is really exciting going into the season with a settled manager and squad. I think it will really help us this year. This crop of young players will continue to get better.

Someone did mention they are worried about the lack of coaching staff. I agree. I think that needs to be strengthened, especially give how young the team is.

No-one's saying we couldn't use a couple of players - I'm certainly not anyway - but most people are accepting that we're unlikely to be able to make any significant additions and we're probably going to have to make do with what we've got.

But equally, most people are not stupid enough to think that we can do anything but wobble about in mid table with the teams Nige plays.

As the weeks go by even if he manages to land a loan player they are going to be coming in late and upsetting things.

He could at least shuffle the pack and try his fringe and loan out players - managing modern footballers is a different proposition to the 'do what I say or else' method that worked in the Middlesborough and Sheff Weds reigns of glory that Nige was part of - we'll never be as successful as them - oh wait, mission accomplished

I am really happy with the stability. For me it is really exciting going into the season with a settled manager and squad. I think it will really help us this year. This crop of young players will continue to get better.

Someone did mention they are worried about the lack of coaching staff. I agree. I think that needs to be strengthened, especially give how young the team is.

See previous comments re turd polishing

And with only a couple of decent players needed to make us a top 4 competitive side please someone stop throwing abuse at me and explain the sense in not doing it.

Because I cant see it, FFP bollocks or not we are not talking a fortune here.

But equally, most people are not stupid enough to think that we can do anything but wobble about in mid table with the teams Nige plays.

As the weeks go by even if he manages to land a loan player they are going to be coming in late and upsetting things.

He could at least shuffle the pack and try his fringe and loan out players - managing modern footballers is a different proposition to the 'do what I say or else' method that worked in the Middlesborough and Sheff Weds reigns of glory that Nige was part of - we'll never be as successful as them - oh wait, mission accomplished

Have any of Pearsons sides wobbled about in mid table then??

Have any of Pearsons sides wobbled about in mid table then??

2011/12 was pretty dire but that was Sven's fault

2012/13 wobbled slightly higher but running a second half of season thermometer over them showed pretty lower mid table performances (Sven's fault ).

Hull 2010/11 thoroughly mid table

So yeah, on balance two and a half out of the past three seasons have been pretty wobbly and fairly mid table. Luckily none of it is Niges fault and neither will this season be....

But that may well be four in a row and soon his faithful will turn

2011/12 was pretty dire but that was Sven's fault

2012/13 wobbled slightly higher but running a second half of season thermometer over them showed pretty lower mid table performances (Sven's fault ).

Hull 2010/11 thoroughly mid table

So yeah, on balance two and a half out of the past three seasons have been pretty wobbly and fairly mid table. Luckily none of it is Niges fault and neither will this season be....

But that may well be four in a row and soon his faithful will turn

You can twist it which ever way you like. The answer is once and then that team with minimal additions gained promotion.

Have anyone said it doesn't?

What people have said is that we can still be competitive in this league without additions (currently we have the additions of a fit St Ledger and Danns). Maybe they will go, maybe they won't. But we won't be significantly weaker than last year if they do.

We're told that season tickets have gone up ..... Do you know any new season ticket holders??? I only know people cancelling them after years .... This is one thing i just do not believe. 

Hopefully we're pumping a few mill into the club by buying our own tickets .... after all it's only like buying you're own shares to drive the price up!

Yes I know two actually, but then again I wouldn't really expect that to be a good enough sample to draw from. I mean that would just be nuts.

But we've never been a mid-table Championship side under Pearson?

And with only a couple of decent players needed to make us a top 4 competitive side please someone stop throwing abuse at me and explain the sense in not doing it.

Because I cant see it, FFP bollocks or not we are not talking a fortune here.

How many times do I have to say it? IF THE MONEY WAS THERE, WE'D HAVE SIGNED PLAYERS BY NOW.

How many times do I have to say it? IF THE MONEY WAS THERE, WE'D HAVE SIGNED PLAYERS BY NOW.

Maybe, just maybe ..... your opinion is no more valid than his and SHOUTING HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS .... makes no difference because you don't know any better than anyone else despite your high opinion of yourself.

You know what .... I'm not sure why this forum actually exists ..... It's certainly not to post an opinion unless you want to attract personal insults from the pearson fanatics.

Maybe if you didn't label them Fanatics then you might not get insults?

Yes I know two actually, but then again I wouldn't really expect that to be a good enough sample to draw from. I mean that would just be nuts.

Fantastic, how many do you genuinely know that have cancelled?

Maybe if you didn't label them Fanatics then you might not get insults?

I called them fanatics AFTER the insults.

5waller5 you are such a fecking smeghead, quit your bitching - we've been left up shit creek somewhat with Sven's signings (beckford, danns as two examples) still on the books, how about we clear them off, and then sign new people? What Pearson is doing is good for us in the long run, complying with FFP and all that.

Fantastic, how many do you genuinely know that have cancelled?

I called them fanatics AFTER the insults.

Oh right, you've never called, or seen people labelled, "Pearsonites", "Pearson fanatics", "Pearson bummers", "NP is God merchants" on here before that post then?

Archived