Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbage Fox

Only Championship Team to have signed no-one

Looking at some of those squads and some of the signings I think we're really gonna struggle to make play offs this season.

And anyone other than the most optimistic City fan would be blinkered to think otherwise.

I think it's gonna be tough.

Can Nige do it? Lets get behind him and see.

Wigan aside, I cant see anyone thats made their squad significantly better. Not that will challenge us anyway.

The usual overly optimistic nonsense. Bolton have made a good signing in Baptiste on a free, for one.

Blackburn also look stronger. Campbell and Rhodes up front.. I'd take that all day long

Col's totally right again. 

This current team just managed to make the play-offs last season, with the teams coming down, and the teams coming up particularly Bournemouth could be really dangerous this season, take them with the likes of Bolton, Forest, Birmingham, Leeds, Ipswich etc... they have signed real good Championship quality players, they may not be glamorous or particularly eye catching, but they will help to improve their sides.

With us, we are just looking to offload the high paid earners, and if we do have to keep some of those high earners, people have been saying they will contribute like new signings, which in my opinion is a load of rubbish. I'd prefer new fresh signings, rather than keeping someone like Danns who fans want rid of, I would even take a player on loan over him, even if that player is just here a season. 

Bolton have made some steady signings, as Col said with Baptiste, he may not be an eye catching signing, but A.We were linked with him and B.He has proven himself in the Championship before. Add Marc Tierney a steady left-back, Robert Hall and more than likely Jermaine Beckford they have made some good stable signings. Birmingham have made 10 signings so far, some of which I wouldn't mind at Leicester, especially Bartley and Burn who they have captured on loan deals. Leeds have made three quality signings in my opinion, Matt Smith, Noel Hunt & Luke Murphy will definitely bring something to their side. 

Only side in real trouble will more than likely be Blackpool, they have got rid of a lot, and have only made one signing. 

With our side currently as it is, I would say realistically 10-14th place is where I think we'll finish.  

Looking at some of those squads and some of the signings I think we're really gonna struggle to make play offs this season.

And anyone other than the most optimistic City fan would be blinkered to think otherwise.

I think it's gonna be tough.

Can Nige do it? Lets get behind him and see.

This, COYB  :scarf:

I hate how people think that you have to buy players.

Personally feel that we only needed to hold onto key assets, flog the deadwood and then bring a couple of squad players in.

Personally feel that we only needed to hold onto key assets, flog the deadwood and then bring a couple of squad players in.

a concern is some of the players that look like starting this season should themselves only be squad players..

Col's totally right again.

This current team just managed to make the play-offs last season, with the teams coming down, and the teams coming up particularly Bournemouth could be really dangerous this season, take them with the likes of Bolton, Forest, Birmingham, Leeds, Ipswich etc... they have signed real good Championship quality players, they may not be glamorous or particularly eye catching, but they will help to improve their sides.

With us, we are just looking to offload the high paid earners, and if we do have to keep some of those high earners, people have been saying they will contribute like new signings, which in my opinion is a load of rubbish. I'd prefer new fresh signings, rather than keeping someone like Danns who fans want rid of, I would even take a player on loan over him, even if that player is just here a season.

Bolton have made some steady signings, as Col said with Baptiste, he may not be an eye catching signing, but A.We were linked with him and B.He has proven himself in the Championship before. Add Marc Tierney a steady left-back, Robert Hall and more than likely Jermaine Beckford they have made some good stable signings. Birmingham have made 10 signings so far, some of which I wouldn't mind at Leicester, especially Bartley and Burn who they have captured on loan deals. Leeds have made three quality signings in my opinion, Matt Smith, Noel Hunt & Luke Murphy will definitely bring something to their side.

Only side in real trouble will more than likely be Blackpool, they have got rid of a lot, and have only made one signing.

With our side currently as it is, I would say realistically 10-14th place is where I think we'll finish.

nonsensical2Dmax. it's the same side that had us sitting first, then 2nd later in the season, playing some of THE best football I've seen us play from 1985 onwards. if they can relocate their testicles and play like that again, then all this doom mongering is yawnnn. every season without fail everyone says the league will be tougher, most seasons, it's not.

nonsensical2Dmax. it's the same side that had us sitting first, then 2nd later in the season, playing some of THE best football I've seen us play from 1985 onwards. if they can relocate their testicles and play like that again, then all this doom mongering is yawnnn. every season without fail everyone says the league will be tougher, most seasons, it's not.

But in the end 1st, 2nd doesn't matter.

The matter of the fact is did we continue to manage that throughout the whole season.

No we didn't, we finished 6th end of. 

And now strong teams have come up and down, and teams have improved their squads, it will more than likely be harder.

People think we have to buy players because we only scraped the play-offs last season and that points tally likely won't be enough next season.

It really depends what you're aiming for, but we haven't got a good enough left back or centre back to partner Morgan so that's 2 first team players there. And I'm not saying that's enough for automatic promotion, I'm saying these were major weaknesses that contributed to our capitulation last season. If we don't plug those holes we'll be up against it.

We can't last a season with the strikers we've got and we're too one-dimensional as a midfield, I hate to us the phrase plan b but our width is inconsistent and we're not tough enough.

Sort all of those things out and we'll improve significantly. I think people are kidding themselves if they think we'll be ok with the current squad though.

Other teams have improved, we're already up against it in terms of the relegated sides, Bolton and Forest will be improved as well I'm sure. Watford might even be just sas strong as last season and they had the better of us let's face it.

We are better than we played February onwards but we're also not as consistently good as showed at times before that. We've got a talented young squad but additions are necessary if we want to achieve promotion.

Watford might even be just sas strong as last season and they had the better of us let's face it.

Not by much really compared to some of the other teams around the play-off place...

Depends if the international signings are approved by the FL and FIFA - still waiting for official confirmation.

The preseason after o neill got us up in 96 we made no signings whatsoever until a week before kickoff when we bought in Keller and Prior. Turned out to be one of our more half decent seasons if memory serves correctly.

The usual overly optimistic nonsense. Bolton have made a good signing in Baptiste on a free, for one.

Blackburn also look stronger. Campbell and Rhodes up front.. I'd take that all day long

Wow. Campbell and Rhodes you'd take ahead of what we have? What a short memory you have. Baptiste hasnt improved upon what Bolton already had.

Your view is exactly what the majority say. Any signing at all is a good signing and one we could do with. Absolute nonsense. We fell apart last year through a lack of bottle and experience not a lack of quality.

If anyone wants to put their money where their mouths are, more than happy to accomodate.

According to the Beeb we've still got Keane, Lingard and Kane - panic over :ph34r:    In all seriousness, I think we have a very strong squad with a couple of decent youngsters coming through in the likes of Taft (so handsome)  :wub:  , Cain and Sesay.  Waggy looks to have lost some weight (but donated it to Knocky) and King and James will have had a pre-season together. Yes, we need a first choice CB to go with Wes but that could be Whitbread if he stays fit.  Schlupp and Konch will probably be first choice LB and both are OK at this level.  Jeff improved every game and is getting preseason there.  Strikers we are fine I think and same for midfield overall (if Marshall decides to turn up and put some effort in and Gally/Danns could be not too bad back ups if fit, committed and selected).   As people said, we just need to regain that form we showed at the start of the season and keep our bottle.  No one really scares me in this league (QPR maybe) and Wigan have to deal with Europe and we remember how that treated Brum.

Wow. Campbell and Rhodes you'd take ahead of what we have? What a short memory you have. Baptiste hasnt improved upon what Bolton already had.

Your view is exactly what the majority say. Any signing at all is a good signing and one we could do with. Absolute nonsense. We fell apart last year through a lack of bottle and experience not a lack of quality.

If anyone wants to put their money where their mouths are, more than happy to accomodate.

Campbell and Rhodes over Wood and Nugent?

Course I fookin would!!

lol

Are you pissed?

It's depressing to read.

However what's even worse is that no one has actually stated how many players each club has made available for sale.

The fact that we've listed around ten and are struggling to offload one in a two week transfer saga is just as worrying as us not managing to bring anyone in.

Too many have it cushy at LCFC and no one at another club is daft enough to offer equal terms.

It's a farcical situation to be in. Restricted by the finances that we ourselves set ourselves up with.

If we play 3-5-2 we could end up with a better side just doing that.  We have the best keeper,best centre half, I wouldn't swap De laet with another right back in the division,  James is potentially one of the best centre mids in the league and chris Wood notched 21-22 goals last season at the age of 21! So we have a Rhodes,Austin hesk centre forward!  We need two signings and introduce Cain and Panayatou into the squad!

I'm glad, years of overspending and buying a silly amount of players each summer has got ridiculous. With a bit of stability and one or two squad additions I genuinely believe we have one of our best chances in years.

Wigan have signed well, but they've also lost 2/3 decent players and a quality manager. Owen Coyle did very well with Burnley, and began well with Bolton, but if he carries on as he left off with Bolton then they wont be the force that many think they will be. Unfortunately this is the reality, but as has been said on numerous occasions nobody else has significantly improved their squads either. Hopefully we will make a couple of decent acquisitions on loan/free and can push again.

But in the end 1st, 2nd doesn't matter.

The matter of the fact is did we continue to manage that throughout the whole season.

No we didn't, we finished 6th end of.

And now strong teams have come up and down, and teams have improved their squads, it will more than likely be harder.

I've never been able to understand the myth that the Championship gets tougher every season. Each season 3 teams that weren't good enough for the Premiership are relegated into the Championship to replace 3 good teams that are promoted to the Premiership. Likewise the same happens with League 1/Championship promotion and relegation. Why does it then follow that the Championship gets harder every year? If this is the case then surely the Premiership would be getting weaker season after season?

Wigan have signed well, but they've also lost 2/3 decent players and a quality manager. Owen Coyle did very well with Burnley, and began well with Bolton, but if he carries on as he left off with Bolton then they wont be the force that many think they will be. Unfortunately this is the reality, but as has been said on numerous occasions nobody else has significantly improved their squads either. Hopefully we will make a couple of decent acquisitions on loan/free and can push again.

But they don't necessarily have to, that's the point, we do though. Wigan and Reading were Premiership sides last season, and Wigan especially have made some solid signings at this level. If Watford get their loans back they're better than us.

At the moment we're hoping the Championship is quite a bit weaker than last season, never mind if not many other teams have strengthened loads.

But they don't necessarily have to, that's the point, we do though. Wigan and Reading were Premiership sides last season, and Wigan especially have made some solid signings at this level. If Watford get their loans back they're better than us.

At the moment we're hoping the Championship is quite a bit weaker than last season, never mind if not many other teams have strengthened loads.

On paper yes, but a lot would have said that about Blackburn last season, and Wolves for that matter too; anything can happen in this division. I personally feel that we have a good enough squad, I would ideally like to see a new centre back and winger, but they shown last season that they're more than capable. They also shown that they can be inconsistent as anything too, the big question is whether they and Pearson have learnt from that mid/late season blip or whether they've stayed the same.

Archived