Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbage Fox

Only Championship Team to have signed no-one

What matters is how close we are to FFP. Do you need to get rid of the players on the rumoured list, or was that just so Pearson could have funds to get in others.

If we are close to it or within it as Toffee fox had said previously, then are centre backs of Morgan, SSL, Whitbread, with Moore and perhaps Taft this year as cover so bad.  Is CM ok with King, James, Danns, DD? Is upfront too weak with Nugent, Wood starting and Waghorn / Vardy as subs?

If some of those on the rumoured list integrate back into the squad then I don't think we look that weak. Even if they don't and we shit them out again, only a couple of signings will put us back up to the strength we were last year at least.

Oh bore off, will you?

People were saying at the start of June that it was too early, no-one's said anything remotely like that for weeks now. You're like a ****ing broken record.

Thanks for the abuse.

I think you will find I got told this at the END of June / early July despite making valid measured points about us seeming to have no ambition to plug the weaknesses in our squad.

If you are happy with the situation fine, I am not, and I am also concerned about the resolve of our owners.

Either they have lost some faith in the project or they have lost faith in giving money to the manager.

Now we can sit back and enjoy the official club line brainwasher's telling us all is fine and dandy.

Thanks for the abuse.

I think you will find I got told this at the END of June / early July despite making valid measured points about us seeming to have no ambition to plug the weaknesses in our squad.

If you are happy with the situation fine, I am not, and I am also concerned about the resolve of our owners.

Either they have lost some faith in the project or they have lost faith in giving money to the manager.

Now we can sit back and enjoy the official club line brainwasher's telling us all is fine and dandy.

Or as 95% of fans seem to realise, we would rather we aren't imposed with a transfer embargo / large fine for failing to comply with FFP.

I just cannot fathom why this is such a mystery to some people, or why people have to look for another reason rather than the simple answer literally staring everyone in the face.

Thanks for the abuse.

Now it's the middle of July. There's still a couple of weeks left before the season starts, don't forget the season starts earlier than usual. It all depends if they can get the so called highest earners off the books. If they stay and remain on the wages they were on, in the first place then that would be worrying and confusing. 

I think loans are our best bet, you just have to be patient, I'd be very shocked if 2-3 don't come in by the end of the transfer window, we 100% need a new centre back, and another midfielder. 

Thanks for the abuse.

Where are all these amazing players we've missed out on then? All I've seen is Championship sides signing up average players for free or for next to nothing.

No-one's spending much money apart from the relegated clubs and even they've not signed any amazing players - maybe Holt and Drenthe, but that's about it. No-one in this league has made any signings that genuinely scare me at all and I still think our squad remains one of the better ones in the league, I would certainly expect us to be competing for the playoffs again. 

Also, the resolve of the owners has nothing at all to do with it. We can't spend money we don't have anymore, it's not possible within the new guidelines. If it were down to the owners, I'm sure they'd love to loan the club a few million more at 8% interest and I bet they're gutted that the new rules mean they can't because they're missing out on a tidy profit.

Now it's the middle of July. There's still a couple of weeks left before the season starts, don't forget the season starts earlier than usual. It all depends if they can get the so called highest earners off the books. If they stay and remain on the wages they were on, in the first place then that would be worrying and confusing. 

I think loans are our best bet, you just have to be patient, I'd be very shocked if 2-3 don't come in by the end of the transfer window, we 100% need a new centre back, and another midfielder. 

Yeah, good luck with that. Expect about 10 more threads from him if we've not signed an entire new squad for £20 million by next week.

Yeah, good luck with that. Expect about 10 more threads from him if we've not signed an entire new squad for £20 million by next week.

Patience if fans can't remain patient especially one's over the age of 20, then they should require medical help.

How old are you Mack, because you are acting like a frustrated 12 year old?

To be fair, I haven't seen a "Pearson Out!" thread for weeks now.

Either it's because of the holiday season or maybe the ones who were always so vociferous got a bit tired spouting out the same sh*t week in, week out.

Maybe we could resurrect that "tradition" by starting a new one... :ph34r:

We haven't signed anyone. Pearson out!  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:   :D

Where are all these amazing players we've missed out on then? All I've seen is Championship sides signing up average players for free or for next to nothing.

No-one's spending much money apart from the relegated clubs and even they've not signed any amazing players...

....We can't spend money we don't have anymore, it's not possible within the new guidelines. If it were down to the owners, I'm sure they'd love to loan the club a few million more at 8% interest and I bet they're gutted that the new rules mean they can't because they're missing out on a tidy profit.

Nicely put; the Thai owners do lend at a very healthy (for them) interest of 8%. Moreover, the time they spend here/on the club is also charged at a hefty fee, in the accounts recorded as a 'consultancy' fee. £4m or £5m I think. If they scrap that consultancy fee, this will help towards FFP compliance by about a quarter of what we need to cut/save (as most of us know, our losses of £28m have to be cut down to just £8m).

thanks all for responding to the thread but I wish people would not just abuse others, its quite easy just to put Bore Off, or some other comment... make your point, agree or disagree, I know some on here make the same points but thats their view...

anyway latest I hear is the Beckford deal is done... so that should help with FFP

ENJOY THE WEATHER

NOW BORE OFF

thanks all for responding to the thread but I wish people would not just abuse others, its quite easy just to put Bore Off, or some other comment... make your point, agree or disagree, I know some on here make the same points but thats their view...

Quite.

It irritates me when my argument is replied to with childish insults. People should realise that they'd be much better off trying to explain their point of view, that way I might actually come round to agreeing with them. Abuse is never going to convert me.

Quite.

It irritates me when my argument is replied to with childish insults. People should realise that they'd be much better off trying to explain their point of view, that way I might actually come round to agreeing with them. Abuse is never going to convert me.

Well nobody abused him (if you can call "bore off" abuse). It was to someone else making a nothing point.

Well nobody abused him (if you can call "bore off" abuse). It was to someone else making a nothing point.

I didn't look at what was said to him, it doesn't seem like much given what you've said. I just wanted to publically agree with him about posters using insults against others, it doesn't help the forum and it's plain unnecessary most of the time.

Archived