Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silverdaz

Why do some people actually dislike Pearson as manager

HF?

willy puller!

Sorry, Cuddly Ken - when I asked the question, it should have been to you, CK, not HF !  I've obviously got Happy Fox on the brain !

You still haven't answered the question though yet.  Who is it - if you can't (or won't) say, just a few clues would tantalise ?  Is the person in question a self-abuser called Colin, or a tortured-looking Irishman; or someone who has never featured in FT gossip ?

Realised aha sorry man, just ridiculous this forum tbh, it's as if we're a bottom 3 side struggling for talent & a boring side :S WE FINISHED 6TH FFS PEOPLE !! The only other time we finished above that was...guess who Nigel Pearson's city in 2010 ... So many Negative fans its unreal on here!!

I know, the stupid thing is I get labelled as a Pearson lover and I'm not, my standpoint has always been that I support any manager that isn't doing a bad job, and Pearson isn't.

He's done a pretty decent job of sorting out a massive mess with one hand tied behind his back, and now both hands.

Of course, some simply can't see that.

I do think this will be his last season though if we don't get promotion. It's a massive task from the position we're in but we, the fans, can make a difference. We can get behind the manager and team like we did under Adams, the last time our hands were tied and our backs were to the wall.

We won't though because some fans are more interested in their own petty little hatred

If we sacked him the next bloke would have the same transfer issues, so there would be no massive change in the squad.

If there is someone out there who could do that I'd be all for bringing them in.

I am certainly not a fool and how the hell am I biased?

The only biased people in this thread are the anti-Pearson ones, like yourself

Point proved. Anyone who is anti Pearson eh? If that is not being biased, then what is?

You have just exposed yourself to be a complete tosser, and have exposed many the pro Pearson brigade for what they are. 

Thanks you so much for a post that proves my point.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  lol  lol  lol

I know, the stupid thing is I get labelled as a Pearson lover and I'm not, my standpoint has always been that I support any manager that isn't doing a bad job, and Pearson isn't.

He's done a pretty decent job of sorting out a massive mess with one hand tied behind his back, and now both hands.

Of course, some simply can't see that.

I do think this will be his last season though if we don't get promotion. It's a massive task from the position we're in but we, the fans, can make a difference. We can get behind the manager and team like we did under Adams, the last time our hands were tied and our backs were to the wall.

We won't though because some fans are more interested in their own petty little hatred

If you're labeled a Pearson lover it's by a clear Pearson hater mate. And I fully agree I never wanted Sven to go and backed him but he has now Pearson has done a better job than Sven and I will back him!! I agree the crap he has came back too is almost been cleared thankfully and we again have a squad that's worth a bit and is young & hungry like 1st time around:) tbh people who can't see the bigger picture won't be changed so probably something I've gotta learn to deal with coz it winds me up, and oh mate if we could it would be quality!! The backing Micky got was class, Wish city fans would get behind nige a bit more, altho' it does make me laugh where r these idiots at the games I never hear boos? & when they do give him stick like at Barnsley the city fans turn on these idiots :)

When I look at the side you're on, then at the side I'm on and then compare the amount of insults used individually as well as the amount of times each side threw its toys out of the pram...

... then your side wins by a landslide.

Now, that really is funny. I wont insult you by saying you are totally clueless on statistics, but PROVE it to us all.

Fact-You cannot. That is purely an assumption on your part, because it suits your beliefs.

An extremely wild theory, from a typical ultra pro Pearson lover. I do hate that term, but it appears to be the in thing on here.

If you're labeled a Pearson lover it's by a clear Pearson hater mate. And I fully agree I never wanted Sven to go and backed him but he has now Pearson has done a better job than Sven and I will back him!! I agree the crap he has came back too is almost been cleared thankfully and we again have a squad that's worth a bit and is young & hungry like 1st time around:) tbh people who can't see the bigger picture won't be changed so probably something I've gotta learn to deal with coz it winds me up, and oh mate if we could it would be quality!! The backing Micky got was class, Wish city fans would get behind nige a bit more, altho' it does make me laugh where r these idiots at the games I never hear boos? & when they do give him stick like at Barnsley the city fans turn on these idiots :)

I totally appreciate your beliefs, and honesty in what you post.

However, anyone who tends to be critical of Mr. P. are set upon with venom. I respond with the same, as that is only fair. The club will always be bigger than the individual, 

If you were on a ship, and thought the captains was sailing towards the rocks, would you not say something? I think you would.

I am called a Pearson hater, which is not the case, it's just that I do not believe he is the right man for our club.

Make a reasonable post, and I will give you a reasonable answer. Give me an aggressive post, and I will respond in kind., but many people cannot understand that. I believe you are one of the wiser ones.

Point proved. Anyone who is anti Pearson eh? If that is not being biased, then what is?

You have just exposed yourself to be a complete tosser, and have exposed many the pro Pearson brigade for what they are.

Thanks you so much for a post that proves my point. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:lollollol

You are anti-Pearson and therefore biased against him. I am not pro-Pearson and have no particular bias, I support him because he's actually done a decent job in difficult circumstances. Not a great job, just a decent one

You have just exposed yourself to be a complete tosser.

Oh, the irony!

I'd love it if Pearson has a great season, to an extent that it surprises you and it can stop you from moaning about him. :fc:

However, anyone who tends to be critical of Mr. P. are set upon with venom. I respond with the same, as that is only fair. The club will always be bigger than the individual,

If you were on a ship, and thought the captains was sailing towards the rocks, would you not say something? I think you would.

I am called a Pearson hater, which is not the case, it's just that I do not believe he is the right man for our club.

Make a reasonable post, and I will give you a reasonable answer. Give me an aggressive post, and I will respond in kind., but many people cannot understand that. I believe you are one of the wiser ones.

Sorry if I labeled u a Pearson hater if you're not, all I want us for our club to get behind The manager for the new season and the players, people never supported o'neill at 1st maybe Nigel can win these fans round this year with hopefully a side that battles their way through the season, just hope tho' if we do go on a bad run the people who don't seem to support Nigel's ways don't jump on the bandwagon and call for his head, we need to support them through thick and thin!!

There is a difference between the Pearson detractors.

Fleckneymike, for example, will talk mostly about his style, tactics etc, which to me says he doesn't mind the man, just the manager.

Then you have others who bang on about his haircut, trainers, face, which are all totally irrelevant and it goes beyond not being a fan of his playing principles.

Now, that really is funny. I wont insult you by saying you are totally clueless on statistics, but PROVE it to us all.

Fact-You cannot. That is purely an assumption on your part, because it suits your beliefs.

An extremely wild theory, from a typical ultra pro Pearson lover. I do hate that term, but it appears to be the in thing on here.

Okay, dear DT. In this thread alone, you used the words

baffoon

numpty

fool

crap

idiot

ridiculous

stupid

tosser

to describe Pearson or the people defending him against the hate brigade.

Other honourable mentions by some of your companions include:

twat

Hitler

pig-headed

immature

weak

clown

useless

coco

I mean, I'm all up for it to dig out as much evidence as I can. Some of the older members on here will remember the ways I exposed another woman for who she really was a couple of years back.

They know that I can and will do it.

If you give me final permission, I'm more than happy to prove once and for all what kind of a sad individual you really are.

That has come from people I questioned about their dislike of Pearson, if your dislike of him started in a different way then that's fine, they're your personal reasons.

But as I've never seen you or any of the other anti-Pearson brigade post anything remotely positive I'd say your view has been coloured by your dislike somewhat, wouldn't you?

You are obviously  presumptuous, you are off the mark by a long way. l dont give two sh its about his personality. l don't like him because he is a terrible manager, amongst the worst we ever had.

l have no idea why some people try to make a case for him, mostly clueless people who can't see whats in front of them. He can't pick a team, he can't use substitutions to the teams advantage, he plays players out of position, he never gets the best out of any player, he turns decent players into rubbish, he doesn't know his best team, formation or players, he doesn't ever out think the opposition, he's rude, boring, arrogant. l've heard every excuse for the bloke and for me none stand up.

His first time here was some of the worst, boring soul destroying football we have ever produced. This nonsense about him saving us is unbelievable, winning the third division is not major plus, we shouldn't have been there and we had some bad performances with him continuing playing players who where hopeless, Oakley, Howard, Wellens.

He gets rid of any player who as any sort of personality, i've heard he's a bully, l can't confirm that but it looks like it could be the case. He got rid of players, just because they where Svens signings, he was trying to prove he was a better manager than Sven. In your dreams Nigel !  

Can any of you honestly see him managing a Premiership side ?

most rational people will so no, so that in its self is enough to know he's not good for us going forward. He is a disaster but some idiots won't see it.

You are obviously  presumptuous, you are off the mark by a long way. l dont give two sh its about his personality. l don't like him because he is a terrible manager, amongst the worst we ever had.

l have no idea why some people try to make a case for him, mostly clueless people who can't see whats in front of them. He can't pick a team, he use substitutions to the teams advantage, he plays players out of position, he never gets the best out of any player, he turns decent players into rubbish, he doesn't know his best team, formation or players, he doesn't ever out think the opposition, he's rude, boring, arrogant. l've heard every excuse for the bloke and for me none stand up.

His first time here was some of the worst, boring soul destroying football we have ever produced. This nonsense about him saving us is unbelievable, winning the third division is not major plus, we shouldn't have been there and we had some bad performances with him continuing playing players who where hopeless, Oakley, Howard, Wellens.

He gets rid of any player who as any sort of personality, i've heard he's a bully, l can't confirm that but it looks like it could be the case. He got rid of players, just because they where Svens signings, he was trying to prove he was a better manager than Sven. In your dreams Nigel !  

most rational people will so no, so that in its self is enough to know he's not good for us going forward. He is a disaster but some idiots won't see it.

And spouting shite like this doesn't help you.

Oh, and saying "I don't give two shits about his personality", then adding "boring, rude and arrogant" contradicts yourself.

Who was it that was being aggressive? You were the one posting insults.

You say you're not anti-Pearson but where are the posts from you accepting there are positives about him as manager as well as negatives?

If you don't think he's the man for the job that's perfectly ok but why join in with all the BS posted about him and attack others with a different view?

As for actually sacking him, that would achieve nothing, we'll just have a new manager in exactly the same position, with both hands tied behind his back. In fact we'll have made the situation worse, we'll have to pay Pearson compensation on his million pounds a year contract. That would give us a harder task of complying with FFP. What if that compensation puts us over the top and we have to cash in on Kasper or Morgan to offset it?

No, the time for change is not now, it's next season when it won't cost a penny

l have no idea why some people try to make a case for him, mostly clueless people who can't see whats in front of them. He can't pick a team, he use substitutions to the teams advantage, he plays players out of position, he never gets the best out of any player, he turns decent players into rubbish, he doesn't know his best team, formation or players, he doesn't ever out think the opposition, he's rude, boring, arrogant. l've heard every excuse for the bloke and for me none stand up.

Stopped reading there lol

And spouting shite like this doesn't help you.

Oh, and saying "I don't give two shits about his personality", then adding "boring, rude and arrogant" contradicts yourself.

Whats shite Corky ?

Saying that he is boring, rude and arrogant doesn't mean l care does it ffs ! 

Whats shite Corky ?

Saying that he is boring, rude and arrogant doesn't mean l care does it ffs ! 

"He's one of the worst managers we've ever had".

So why mention them in that case?

Hes not the worst, but he is a million miles from being the best. His record is mediocre at best and there is absolutely nothing to suggest he will get any better.

Even Ian Holloway has managed 2 promotions to the top flight. Pearson is great if you want Championship football as your main aim.

You are obviously presumptuous, you are off the mark by a long way. l dont give two sh its about his personality. l don't like him because he is a terrible manager, amongst the worst we ever had.

l have no idea why some people try to make a case for him, mostly clueless people who can't see whats in front of them. He can't pick a team, he can't use substitutions to the teams advantage, he plays players out of position, he never gets the best out of any player, he turns decent players into rubbish, he doesn't know his best team, formation or players, he doesn't ever out think the opposition, he's rude, boring, arrogant. l've heard every excuse for the bloke and for me none stand up.

I can't see him managing us in the premiership either, he's like Warnock in that respect.

But, most of the rest of your post is entirely personal to you.

That's what you feel about him and fair enough, it's not required that you like him but what do you think it looks like when you post that kind of stuff?

Hes not the worst, but he is a million miles from being the best. His record is mediocre at best and there is absolutely nothing to suggest he will get any better.

Even Ian Holloway has managed 2 promotions to the top flight. Pearson is great if you want Championship football as your main aim.

Winning percentage: One of the best of all Leicester City managers.

Other credentials: Two playoff appearances, one League One title.

Oh, and said Ian Holloway managed to get one particular Championship club relegated for the first time in its history. I'll let you make a guess which one that was...

Archived