Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trel

Team selection for Leeds

Done well last two games to dig out results after starting slow, don't care who he puts out, as long as they turn up first half aswell as the second half.

If we take time getting going first half, as we have been doing, Leeds will punish us.

If Miguel is ready in for whitbread, as he has been training without contact this week, danns in for James, James not trained since the cup game, it's a long season, I wouldn't risk either if not fully fit.

Can't believe people on here are putting a player they haven't seen play into the team.

Not every player at so called big clubs are better than Championship players.

Look how many from the likes of Man U and Arsenal end up in the Championship, L1 and 2.

These clubs have the money to take any player who shows early promise and can afford to get rid when they fail to improve.

Yet pleb fans cream their undies at the thought of bringing in any player from such big clubs.

Pathetic!

Interesting to see if and when NP puts him into the team.

Sooner and we will know its a NP signing or later then its a DoF signing.

Why have a player on loan and not play him? He has come here to play games so I hope he starts the game in place of St Ledger.

Schmeichel

Whitbread - Morgan - Miquel

De Laet - James - Drinkwater - King - Konchesky

Vardy - Nugent

Subs - Logan, Moore, Bakayogo, Marshall, Knockaert, Wood, Schlupp

All depends on the midfield battle today, Austin back from suspension, Murphy in there as well, maybe Brown or Norris alongside. Going to be tough, and the midfield have to be physical, in a game like this, this is where a defensive midfielder would be handy, Yennaris say would be ideal for this match. Whoever wins the midfield battle, will win the game, Murphy verse James will be an intense battle(if James is fit) two of the best young midfielders in the League in my opinion. 

Fingers crossed Drinkwater plays well as well, in a game like this, he is usually shit scared. 

Not sure I would mess with a new formation that has brought us two wins.

Admittedly they were unconvincing at times, especially against Wycomb but  I don't blame the squad for that - to be playing a new formation , trying to get used to it AND still winning is a heck of an achievement...

Stick with what we have got.. tweak it in personell, maybe but stick with the formation.

The problem with a flat 3-5-2 is how weak we are going forward. You play Knockaert and it's a completely different formation altogether where we have a genuine threat going down the middle, but the three at the minute are all a bit defensive minded for me.

Can see the logic behind it if we're wanting to cancel them out but I can't help but feel that all we do there is hand them the initiative. If we play Knockaert, Leeds will be pinned back more, they won't push as high if we have Knockaert playing.

I'd personally go for;

Schmeichel

Moore - Morgan - Miquel

De Laet - James - King - Schlupp

Knockaert

Nugent - Vardy

Harsh on Drinkwater admittedly, and it's a bit young as well, so maybe Konchesky or Drinkwater in for Schlupp/James.

But I think he'll play;

Schmeichel

Moore - Morgan - Miquel

De Laet - James - Drinkwater - King - Konchesky

Nugent - Vardy

Not feeling it today I'm afraid.

Archived