Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Derby (A) Pre-Match Shenanigans

IMO NP will never play Schlupp and Knockaert/Marshall in the same side in a 352. 

He'll want complete solidarity either from the three playing in the middle currently or solidarity from a left wing back.

Although Konchesky doesn't exactly get the heart racing when he attacks he provides stability and composure on the ball. 

I think it'll be:

Kasper

Moore

Morgan

Whitbread

De Laet

Konchesky

James

Drinkwater

Knockaert

Vardy

Nugent

Away at Derby and it isn't on Sky! Yet.

Would you stick with the same side that worked at Boro or maybe shake it up and bring some more attacking players on? Give the new, or old, signings a chance like Miquel, Bakayogo and Danns? Would you like to see good ol' 4-4-2 back? Or Whitbreads' big ginger head on a spike? What will the score be and what are the dangers the Sheep Shaggers pose?

All reasonable questions to dissect and discuss like the gentleman I know you all are  :whistle:

None as long as your not walking around on your own in a sheep skin coat.

Oh and smelling of last night's kebab. lol lol lol

Nigels team

Schmeichel

moore

morgan

whitbread

de laet

konchesky

drinkwater

james

king

nugent

wood

mine

Schmeichel

de laet

moore

morgan

konchesky

king

james

drinkwater

marshall

nugent

vardy

Logan, Whitbread, waghorn, schlupp, dyer, wood, knockaert

Stick with the same side (except Schlupp for Konch), stick with 5-3-2 and grind out a bore draw.

I'm more than happy to do that away from home.

At home, I want to see us playing more attractive football.

Winning at home, drawing away will see us into the play-offs I would suspect.

Firstly, trying to grind out draws doesn't suit us. Like a typical English team we can only really play at full pelt, we suffer if we try to do anything else. It was noticeable last season that we struggled in matches where we had a slow start, yet rarely got pegged back when we scored first. Though I'm wary of Derby's tendency to start the season well and the fact they do have some dangerous players, I'm convinced our best 11 is better than their's.

Moreover, I don't really accept trying to play for a draw in any match, that's not what footballing philosophy should be about. Especially against one of our most hated rivals, and a team who we've got a great recent record against.

schlupps wasted in that position imo, he wont be able to get into the box enough, id put dyer out there instead.

Arguably, but I still think going forward he'd be a better option than Konchesky.

I'd rather us have winger type players there than full backs. I know De Laet's a full back but he's always played more like an attacking wide player rather than defensive, he's made for the role. Schlupp may not be great but I think he'd offer more than Konchesky.

Dyer I'd play if he actually gets himself involved, but too often he doesn't.

Think Nige will stick with Shitbread as he clearly rates him. So would expect close to an unchanged team, with maybe Wood pushing for a start.

Whitbread didn't do anything to deserve getting cut, if anyone should be benched it should be Konch. Unsure whether it will be Vardy or Wood up top, Vardy for me was good with little service. Woods reaction to being on the bench was encouraging, but does 20 minutes merit to go straight back in or should he prove himself one more time? 

Arguably, but I still think going forward he'd be a better option than Konchesky.

I'd rather us have winger type players there than full backs. I know De Laet's a full back but he's always played more like an attacking wide player rather than defensive, he's made for the role. Schlupp may not be great but I think he'd offer more than Konchesky.

Dyer I'd play if he actually gets himself involved, but too often he doesn't.

The problem is when it comes to Dyer is that we move sideways and backwards, this doesn't aid his game at all. Dyer needs the ball playing in front of him so he can run on to it and get his legs going. However we tend to play the ball to him when he's in little space, static, or on to his right foot, which is good for trapping the ball and little else. Get up the field quickly and knock the ball into space a bit in front of him so he can burst on to it and he'll tear the defense apart.

id go with this:

SCHMEICHEL

MOORE    MORGAN    MIGUEL

DE LAET    JAMES    MARSHALL    DYER

KNOCKAERT    WOOD    NUGENT

subs: Logan, Whitbread, Konchesky, Drinkwater, King, Schlupp, Vardy,

De Laet and Dyer not wingbacks but wingers, James just holding and breaking play up (not really going over the half way line), giving Marshall an attacking license. Also 3 up top.... more or less telling Knockaert to be based on the right of the 3 but more or less go where ever he wants and tell Nugent to play as close to Wood as possible!!

My prediction: DCFC 2 - 0 LCFC

Defence: Competent 

Midfield: Ineffectual

Strikers: Frustrated

Shots On Target: 2

Youngy's Mood: Agitated

Nigel's Special Move in the Post Match Interview: The shoulder shrug

Foxes Talk Post Match Mood: Squabbling over false positives

AnotherShitSeason's Post:  Predictably boring.

IMO NP will never play Schlupp and Knockaert/Marshall in the same side in a 352. 

He'll want complete solidarity either from the three playing in the middle currently or solidarity from a left wing back.

Although Konchesky doesn't exactly get the heart racing when he attacks he provides stability and composure on the ball. 

I think it'll be:

Kasper

Moore

Morgan

Whitbread

De Laet

Konchesky

James

Drinkwater

Knockaert

Vardy

Nugent

This for me - but Dyer rather than Konchesky (however being away from home I doubt he will risk it)

😂 Till Sundays negative, or should I say safety minded display I would have disagreed, but now you might be right.

I have never been a fan of Nigel but up until Sunday I thought he had changed, and didn't think he would play negative safe football as it clearly doesn't work, especially away, as was proven last year.

The jury is out for me again, as the system used is supposed to create chances as it brings the wing backs forward more, but on Sunday the personnel used made it such a negative system with little or no chances created.

For me if he sets up Saturday as he did last Sunday, and I have to endure another 90 min of negative football, I for one will not be wasting anymore money on away games until he wakes up to the fact we need to be attacking, and not scared of losing.

With the right personnel in this system, we have the players who can create, and we could easly beat most teams in this league.

BE BRAVE NIGEL.

ASS Watch: Grinningly smugly in the corner

;)

What about this

Kasper

Morgan              Moore

James

De Laet                                                           Konchesky

King      Marshall         

Nugent         Vardy         Schlupp

Bench: Logan, Whitbread, Danns, Dyer, Knockaert, Wood & Drinkwater.

Thoughts please?

2-2 draw is my prediction.

Wood in for either Vardy or Nuge and Knocky in for James. I really like James but he has been ineffective at the start of this season, sure he'll come good though.

Stick with the 3-5-2 as I think it suits us away from home but needs scrapping or tweaking at home because if teams come for a draw then I struggle to see how we will win games playing that way

Archived