Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

U21s / Development Squad 2013-14 Put it in here.

Conrad Logan, Martyn Waghorn and Zoumana Bakayogo all completed 90 minutes of what was a disappointing display by Beaglehole's men, who found themselves 3-0 down at half-time.

"I couldn't believe how bad we were in the first half," said Beaglehole.

"We were appalling defensively. There were basic schoolboy errors and they haven't had to work hard for their goals.

"Believe it or not, we had more efforts on goal in the first half than Bolton, eight efforts, but we never hit the target. That is not like us.

"At both ends of the pitch, we were way below our usual standards.

"I watched the first-team's performance on Friday and if that is the second tier team, then a lot of them have to take a long hard look at themselves because the gulf is massive."

City under-18s take on Manchester United in the FA Youth Cup at the King Power Stadium on Thursday (kick-off 7pm).

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Injury-scare-Wood-pulls-City-s-21-game/story-20438702-detail/story.html#ixzz2qMaMlHxc

I got talking to someone in a pub this evening, and with me the topic soon switches to Football, and the state of Australian football, the bloke I was talking to seemed to know his stuff and was talking about young Aussies coming through.

Anyway apparently Callum Elder (apologies if spelt incorrectly) is an Aussie under 20 international in out youth team.

I haven't heard his name before, anyone know firstly if he exists and the bloke hasn't been chatting shit, and secondly if he does exist, is he any good?

Apparently he's thought pretty highly of.

New signing Riyad Mahrez was on the scoresheet for Leicester City’s Under-21s on Monday afternoon as they overcame the challenge of West Bromwich Albion in the Barclays U21 Premier League.

The winger put the Foxes ahead in just the ninth minute when he lashed a powerful volley into the corner of the net in his first run-out since joining from Le Havre earlier this month. 

Striker Chris Wood also featured against his former club for the young Foxes, who were pegged back by Wesley Atkinson on the stroke of half time only for Michael Cain’s majestic free kick to seal the victory at Albion’s training ground. 

More reaction to follow.

WEST BROM SQUAD (from): Atkinson, Birch, L. Daniels, D. Daniels, Francis, Gayle, Howkins, A. Jones, C. Jones, Nabi, O’Sullivan, Rose, Thorne, Ward, Wright 

GOAL: Atkinson 45 

CITY: Logan ©, Pearson, Elder, Taft, Sesay, McCourt (Dawson 57), Cain, Panayiotou, Mahrez (Paratore 77), Wood (Blyth 86), Dodoo 

SUBS NOT USED: Kennedy, Sharpe 

GOALS: Mahrez 9, Cain 80

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/200114-u21s-report-west-brom-1-city-2-1306647.aspx#TVBDHJd0sD1CxyWl.99

How good is Cain? never gone to see the u21s play in all honesty, do people think he'll ever make the first team?

Flashes of brilliance but not sure he's nailed on to make it. Last season when we were struggling, there were several first team players who were voicing their opinion that Cain should have been given a chance. This season though with how well we're doing and even the likes of King not getting as much of a chance, it would be hard for him to break through. I'm very surprised he's not gone out on loan, i'm sure he'd have interest from League One and Two.

• 2 weeks later...

Ricoh Arena Used For Leicester U21 Game

Leicester City U21's beat Shrewsbury Town 5-1 to reach the Semi-Finals of PDL League Cup at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry.

Former Leamington player Jacob Blyth played for the Foxes and set up the opening goal for  Harry Panayiotou on the half hour mark and then converted a penalty two minutes later.

With twenty minutes left, Blyth cross for Adam Dawson to score a third before Ryan Hickman pulled one back for Shrewsbury in the 75th minute.

However, in the remaining minutes, Joe Dodoo helped himself to a brace as Leicester, who are rumoured to have paid around £1800 to use the stadium, won 5-1.

Not sure if this has been asked already, but how good actually is Michael Cain?

Decent but long way off first team at moment but only a kid

In recent years would be out on loan by now but with regular U21 fixtures the argument is he is getting enough football / experience

Archived