Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

U21s / Development Squad 2013-14 Put it in here.

FT 0:1 United

Analysis:

• Freekick which was awarded after Conrad picked the ball up outside of the box. 

• Pearson, Taft, Elder and Sesay looked compact and strong.

• Midfield was non-existant. 

• Mahrez has a top class touch, and he's a box of tricks.

• Woody was poor, but looked to be carrying a nock. When he linked up he did it to good effect.

• Jeff for all his running should've taken his chances, but he has got quality there.

<p>

FT 0:1 United

Analysis:

• Freekick which was awarded after Conrad picked the ball up outside of the box.
  • Pearson, Taft, Elder and Sesay looked compact and strong.
  • Midfield was non-existant.
  • Mahrez has a top class touch, and he's a box of tricks.
  • Woody was poor, but looked to be carrying a nock. When he linked up he did it to good effect.
  • Jeff for all his running should've taken his chances, but he has got quality there.

I am a little bemused at your comments on Mahrez as in the first half he was wide right and most of our play was down the left and with all the long ball being played the game passed him by. If I recall correctly when wood came off he moved to a more central position and achieved little. Maybe it was the cold affecting me but there was little to get excited about so let's give the guy a chance and see what he can do or are you stringer in disguised

I thought Sesay had gone on loan to Colchester?

U21 league is its own entity. So Sesay can be in the Colchester squad / training, and still play for Leicester U21's as a registered player.

Overall, I think fans and official figures have let City off lightly for the performance. Logan's error was so blatantly outside the box and no real threat - I don't care if he's been here for 10 years or w.e, unless he's on £10 a year, get rid to Vauxhall Motors.

Jeffrey Schlupp played alright on the left flank, even though he was playing as a striker, he drifted out and managed to make some cracking plays down that left - We need Schlupp to shadow Dyer in training to make him a left winger - because that effort Schlupp had was very embarassing in a very dangerous area.

Mahrez was out of the game, English football learning experience, but completely on his own for most of his game.

Chris Wood should be doing better and scoring in the U21 league, he looked fit, but inadequate compared to what is essentially a league 1 defence + Michael Keane.

Leicester did have a solid back four, and i'm sure if Logan had not of ruined the chance to beat Man U in any shape or form, this city side could've disposed of the opposition.

I agree with the post above, City's midfield just wasn't there. Schlupp faded out left, Mahrez was on the touchline waiting for the ball which was in Lingaard's feet, and the middle men were completely outplayed.

I am a little bemused at your comments on Mahrez as in the first half he was wide right and most of our play was down the left and with all the long ball being played the game passed him by. If I recall correctly when wood came off he moved to a more central position and achieved little. Maybe it was the cold affecting me but there was little to get excited about so let's give the guy a chance and see what he can do or are you stringer in disguised

How you've made the assumption that I'm 'Stringer in disguised' (lol) from my post is more bemusing than you being bemused my friend. I commented on his touch and ability to use trickery, hardly rimming him to the extent that superlatives Stringer does.

How you've made the assumption that I'm 'Stringer in disguised' (lol) from my post is more bemusing than you being bemused my friend. I commented on his touch and ability to use trickery, hardly rimming him to the extent that superlatives Stringer does.

Sorry Steve just couldn't help my self, the lad must have needed deiceing at half time, and i won't judge him on what I saw Monday night. The only thing that was proved is Wood cannt handle hoof ball, oh an Logan confirmed what a muppet he can be

Sorry Steve just couldn't help my self, the lad must have needed deiceing at half time, and i won't judge him on what I saw Monday night. The only thing that was proved is Wood cannt handle hoof ball, oh an Logan confirmed what a muppet he can be

Yeah that's s good assessment

It was quite dissapointing tbh as when I saw the starting line up I was thinking ok a bit of old school wing play here, use the flanks put the ball in for Wood, how wrong was I

I also throught King might have for an airing to give him some game time and use his experience, how wrong was I

It was quite dissapointing tbh as when I saw the starting line up I was thinking ok a bit of old school wing play here, use the flanks put the ball in for Wood, how wrong was I

I also throught King might have for an airing to give him some game time and use his experience, how wrong was I

Yeah, the midfield was completely bypassed. Weird because Cain has quality. To be fair to them though, as much as I dislike United and their plastic fans, 0-1 isn't a bad result.

• 2 weeks later...
A brilliant performance from Leicester City’s Under-21s saw them strengthen their claim for a top half finish with a thoroughly deserved victory over Barclays U21 Premier League leaders Fulham.
A typically cool finish from Jacob Blyth put City’s noses in front during the first half at Motspur Park but Mananga Jonathan Buatu’s header levelled it for Fulham, who had only lost one league game all season prior to kick-off. 

The Foxes responded brilliantly to haul themselves back into the lead however, when defender George Taft rifled home from close range with 20 minutes left before Michael Cain sealed the three points with a fine run and finish near the end. 

Importantly, the result lifts the Foxes up from 12th to ninth position in the league, which will see the top 11 form a top-tier of elite Category 1 teams next season. 

Afterwards, Development Squad boss Steve Beaglehole told LCFC.com: “It was a well-deserved victory. It wasn’t a game where we’ve been battered and been lucky, we fully deserved the win. 

“For me it’s the best performance of the season, bearing in mind the opposition and the fact they’ve only lost once. 

“It was a very good performance. The boss (Nigel Pearson) got in touch to say well done afterwards and that’s great. There’s a really good spirit at the Club at the moment and everybody is working together as a team, it’s fantastic.†

The Cottagers named a strong side for the clash, with January additions Kostas Mitroglou, Larnell Cole and Ryan Tunnicliffe in the starting XI, but City were able to keep them at bay in the early stages. 

The focus was around Greece striker Mitroglou, but the duo of Taft and Kieran Kennedy dealt well with Mesca Na Bangna’s early balls into him and had a good chance to score themselves when Cain fired wide from Blyth’s knock down. 

On 34 minutes a Tom Richards cross did finally find Mitroglou in space for the hosts only for the striker to fire into the side netting as he stretched to reach the ball. 

Blyth soon made the league leaders pay for that missed chance when he raced onto a misplaced pass to confidently stroke a finish past Magnus Norman for 1-0. 

After the break the hosts rallied, seeing a Mitroglou header glanced wide before Buatu managed to find the back of the net following a Fulham corner to level matters. 

It didn’t take long for City to again edge ahead in the clash however, and it came from a corner of their own. 

A great delivery from Cain wasn’t cleared properly by the Cottagers and Taft was on hand to convert from all of a yard out with 68 on the clock. Both teams relentlessly chased the fourth goal of the game in the closing stages with chances going both ways.

But in the end it was the Foxes who had the quality to make the final breakthrough when Cain was put clean through on goal to fire home and secure all three points. 

Next up for the Foxes is a King Power Stadium clash with Manchester City on Monday 3 March (KO 7pm).

FULHAM: Norman, Passley, Buatu, Briggs, Richards, Na Banga, Tunnicliffe, Christensen, Cole, David, Mitroglou 
SUBS: Brister, Pritchard, Della Verde, Oberschmidt, Plumain 
GOAL: Buatu 54

CITY: Smith, Pearson, Elder, Sesay ©, Kennedy, Taft, Dawson, Cain, Blyth, Panayiotou, Dodoo 
SUBS: Anton, Simpson, Frempah, McCourt, Barrington 
GOALS: Blyth 38, Taft 68, Cain 86

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/170214-u21s-report-fulham-1-city-3-1365961.aspx

http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/teams/leicester-city/anthony-gordinho-on-trial-at-english-club-leicester-city/153864

Gordinho On Trial At Leicester City Anthony Gordinho on trial at English club Leicester City.

thumbs_up.png
0 0 0 8
130 / 
 / Feb 20, 2014 07:55 AM
Anthony Gordinho is on trial with Leicester City.1392875655_dfa62.jpg
Anthony Gordinho is on trial with English side, Leicester City.1392885119_f28cb.jpg

Anthony Gordinho, the younger brother of Kaizer Chiefs defender, Lorenzo, is currently on trial with English club, Leicester City.

The 18-year-old attacking midfielder, who recently left Kaizer Chiefs’ youth set-up to move to Ajax Cape Town’s, is currently trying to earn himself a contract with the Championship side, having spent this week training with their U21s.

Gordinho’s presence in Leicester was confirmed to the Siya crew by the player’s representative, Ryan Hartslief, who said that he’s been doing well up to now.

Hartslief explained, “He is doing very well and looks like a good prospect. If the lad can spend a season in the UK I really believe that he can make the grade. We will see how he goes for him.â€

Anthony, like his older brother, Lorenzo, has both a South African and Portuguese passport making it easier for him to make the switch to Europe should the opportunity arise.

Having seen his sibling recently break into the Amakhosi first team under Stuart Baxter, Anthony will be hoping to earn some plaudits of his own on British soil.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived