Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Izzet Beer!

Former City star Muzzy Izzet pulled a pint of the black stuff, took a taste and said: "That's pretty good."

He was sampling the first of a new range of beers brewed in honour of Leicester Legends, that include former Foxes and Tigers heroes.

Izzet Bitter is much darker than most bitters and was brewed to fit Muzzy's preference for darker ales by Steve Plews.

Muzzy said: "I don't like normal bitters because they can be too sweet

"So Steve took me to the Leicester Beer Festival. I told him I like darker beers and this is very nice."

Muzzy, 38, who lives in Fleckney, said he hoped people liked the beer.

Steve, who runs the Gas Dog Brewery in Somerby, near Melton, said: "It's a play on words, Izzet Bitter. That's the question people have to ask.

"We came up with a dark bitter at 4 per cent proof."

The beer was launched at the Sir Robert Peel, in Jarrom Street, in the shadow of Leicester Royal Infirmary.

Licensees Julian and Karen Watson know Steve well and were delighted to help launch the beer.

Steve has brewed an initial run of seven nine-gallon barrels of the Izzet Bitter.

Next to be launched are Geordan 15, after Tigers fullback Geordan Murphy, and Steve Walsh Silence of the Rams Number 5 beer.

Why is it that when I read the word Izzet, the hairs on the back of my neck still stand up. What a fookin legend. I love him. I'm going to drink this until i'm sick because I love him so much.

May I join? Possibly my favourite ever Leicester player in my lifetime and I would happily be sick in his brewery-associated honour.

Why is it that when I read the word Izzet, the hairs on the back of my neck still stand up. What a fookin legend. I love him. I'm going to drink this until i'm sick because I love him so much.

Same here. I'm looking at available properties in Fleckney now I've read that. I just want to be close to him.

Archived