Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Lee Jobber section

I remember a couple of seasons ago there used to be an article in the programme written by Lee Jobber about away days, i always use to find this a good read. But for the last two seasons it hasn't been in the programme, is there any chance of Jobber's section or returning or maybe someone else talking about recent away days?

oh just one more thing, where do i get a fanzine from? tried to get one the other day but couldn't find anyone selling any.  

I remember a couple of seasons ago there used to be an article in the programme written by Lee Jobber about away days, i always use to find this a good read. But for the last two seasons it hasn't been in the programme, is there any chance of Jobber's section or returning or maybe someone else talking about recent away days?

I just one more thing, where do i get a fanzine from? tried to get one the other day but couldn't find anyone selling any.  

Suggests perhaps that you were the ONLY person to consider a away days article written by a fat bloke who hits a drum to be a 'good read'.

I suggest some Nietzsche or G.K. Chesterton. 

I just one more thing, where do i get a fanzine from? tried to get one the other day but couldn't find anyone selling any.  

189px-Columbo_Peter_Falk_1973.JPG:unsure:

The Jobber away days was in the Sven season, Palace was the first away.

The problem with it for me was that he could only write so much about each away because as far as I know he always travels on the Supporters coach, so travelling will be the same story every time.

He is then at the game, watches it, match reports cover this and he gets on the coach to return home.

It was ok to start with but a bit same old story after a while, only a few different grounds each season to make it differ from before.

Jobbers a good lad and does a lot more for the club, charities etc than most on here i'm sure.

Oh as fox fanzines try outside the hotel. You will find gary silke or whatever his name his. Flogging them in person as you walk up filbert way.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why people dislike Lee and his drumming! It's the main contributor to any atmosphere we do have at the KP. If we got rid of him the place would go down a few more decibels! Okay granted, a bigger singing section/kop next to the away fans would be more effective but it's not going to happen so let's not even go down that route!

Always enjoy these kind of articles in fanzines but I agree that having one bloke cover every away game wouldn't work beyond one season.

I don't know Jobber personally but I appreciate his effort to get some atmosphere going. When the drum isn't there (sky matches etc) the atmosphere always seems a bit flatter to me. Works well with chants like We Love You and Melbourne Victory...

Archived