Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
birdy11

Wes Morgan

So lets say theoretically there was a big stand off/argument between Pearson and the money men/DoF? Which do you think have the owners' ear?

Just a thought and nothing to do with our club at all. Or wes Morgan. Or anything

But keep watching the next 3 or 4 days and we should find out.

End of the day if someone is stupid enough to offer us £2.5/3 million for a 29 year old whose contract runs out in 9 months time and has never played in the PL, then we'd be fools to turn it down. Especially given our financial predicament and the likelihood he'll leave for free next summer.

Same should have happened with Kasper.

End of the day if someone is stupid enough to offer us £2.5/3 million for a 29 year old whose contract runs out in 9 months time and has never played in the PL, then we'd be fools to turn it down. Especially given our financial predicament and the likelihood he'll leave for free next summer.

Same should have happened with Kasper.

That would say much about the clubs ambition if it were allowed to happen at this time, having made a solid start and with little or no time to find a suitable replacement.

That would say much about the clubs ambition if it were allowed to happen at this time, having made a solid start and with little or no time to find a suitable replacement.

Don't care myself. As far as I'm concerned this squad is in no way good enough for promotion and we won't be anywhere near the top 2 come the end of the season. We need to be sensible with our finances and a possible £5 million for the likes of Kasper, Wes and Nuge who will all leave anyway would be criminal not to accept!

Don't care myself. As far as I'm concerned this squad is in no way good enough for promotion and we won't be anywhere near the top 2 come the end of the season. We need to be sensible with our finances and a possible £5 million for the likes of Kasper, Wes and Nuge who will all leave anyway would be criminal not to accept!

Agreed. I'd keep Nuge in case we end up towards the wrong end of the table.

Surely the aim should be to comply with FFP whilst having as good a squad as possible. Selling off any chances of promotion would be moronic as the most income all lies in being a Prem team.

Well if it's down to the DOF who is pushing this thru or any other of our first team then it shows the club has no ambition to try for promotion this season or possibly next. They just want a low budget team to comply with FFP.

If that's the case then we will never achieve promotion and can't see the owners wanting to stick around.

So either way were pretty much fooked.

Don't comply with FFP and pay the fine or lose our best players and never achieve promotion.

We were never offered enough up front for kasper. Too much dependent on PL survival of the buying club. LCFC held out for established PL club interest. Never came.

Nothing to do with us holding out for an established PL club, it was all down to Kasper on that one. If Hull came in with £3m he was gone, but Kasper didn't want to go there.

Isn't he the club captain, player of the season and beast? Well then, behave. 5 million might get you one of those three, but to what end? We wouldn't replace them in time, and if we did the player would cost more than he was worth because it was late, or he'd been poor in pre-season and they wanted rid.

Not saying the bids aren't real, but to suggest we should take any money for our key spine players because their contracts are winding down is crap economics even by football standards...

Nothing to do with us holding out for an established PL club, it was all down to Kasper on that one. If Hull came in with £3m he was gone, but Kasper didn't want to go there.

May be a conversation better had privately but wasn't it the case that hull weren't far off that figure in the end, but not as a guaranteed upfront sum? Understandably lcfc preferred a 100% money offer and as much up front as possible?

As you say, kasper being interested in going is another issue entirely.

FWIW I rate kasper and am pleased he stuck around but doubt he will still be here next season if we are still in this division (which we will be I reckon)

Buzzy. Keep your powder dry mate. I'd wait until the window shuts eh? One bid at least is in for Morgan. Decisions to be made.

if true [ i doubt it as it is all gossip] then lcfc have **** all ambition and just want to rot in the championship or lower. i for one have had enough anyway buy selling our players and not replacing all because of the ffp.

if true [ i doubt it as it is all gossip] then lcfc have **** all ambition and just want to rot in the championship or lower. i for one have had enough anyway buy selling our players and not replacing all because of the ffp.

By all our players you mean Beckford (overpaid, shit) and Wellens (past it) ? 

I don't want to lose Morgan but it's inevitable that the money he is currently on, won't be whatw e can offer him for a new contract, therefore he'll leave in the summer unless we somehow fluke promotion. I guarantee that fast forward 9 months and when im, Kasper, Nugent and a few others walk away for free you'll all be moaning about we should have took the cash. Decent cash as well. I'm not that bothered by this current squad, it isn't that good and we've been managed poorly for the last 12-13 years. At some point someone needs to step up with a plan and execute it properly, otherwise we'll just be a fairly big club mucking about in the lower leagues.

Money has been blown and we're in the shit, strip it down and start again.

Whatever billy Davies is trying to do it's pathetic. Apparently he may lodge a bid for another one of our players.

Hope Nigel nuts the twat.

David Nugent is the player, Billy Davies was supposedly scouting him on Saturday.

I don't want to lose Morgan but it's inevitable that the money he is currently on, won't be whatw e can offer him for a new contract, therefore he'll leave in the summer unless we somehow fluke promotion. I guarantee that fast forward 9 months and when im, Kasper, Nugent and a few others walk away for free you'll all be moaning about we should have took the cash. Decent cash as well. I'm not that bothered by this current squad, it isn't that good and we've been managed poorly for the last 12-13 years. At some point someone needs to step up with a plan and execute it properly, otherwise we'll just be a fairly big club mucking about in the lower leagues.

He was brought in after the big spending, so I'd be very surprised if he's on a contract anything like what some of our higher earners are on. Plus, having gotten rid of Beckford, Wellens, and hopefully a few others before the end of the season, I'd say that while we won't have millions to chuck around, there's certainly room for manouvre in offering our captain and best player a new and improved contract. Whether he accepts it, or decides to move on, is another matter.

As for Schmeichel and Nugent, wouldn't be surprised to see them leave for free - if they're offered new contracts by us, they'll certainly have to take a pay cut, but then they'll probably have to take a pay cut if they move elsewhere anyway as I find it hard to believe that there will be PL clubs lining up to offer them the same wages, or Championship clubs that will be able to afford or want to pay them the same. Seems that the club would rather keep them and gamble on getting promotion this season, which is a far more likely prospect if we have Nugent, Schmeichel and Morgan in the side than if we don't.

thats your opinion but where are the replacements

Do we need replacements for players who could barely manage about 5 appearances between them last season? Not in my opinion. Did fine without them last season, and while a couple of new players would be nice, I won't lose any sleep because we've not replaced those two duffers.

:appl:

Archived