Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
birdy11

Wes Morgan

Not even if a prem club bids for him?

People keep mentioning a prem club coming in for Wes.  If this is more than just BS, I can't imagine it would be anyone other than a relegation candidate - would he really want to leave for a relegation battle when he's only got one more year on his contract with a club he has the chance of winning a promotion with anyway?

Whatever billy Davies is trying to do it's pathetic. Apparently he may lodge a bid for another one of our players.

Hope Nigel nuts the twat.

No really - he's a very good manager is Davies - he's a little poisoned dwarf but a good one at that..

Nice to see this thread is a sea of positivity. I don't get why our own 'fans' don't see us as promotion contenders as given the evidence so far this season we clearly are. Would you sell your best player to promotion rivals? No. Simple. Move on.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Nugent his contracts nearly up and Pearson won't give him another one on the money he's on! The same a Kasper they'll both be gone next season, for free!

I cannot see the logic behind rejecting Hull's bid for Kasper in the summer, just to let him go for free. I've said before it could happen, but if Nige didn't want to give him that sort of money again with a new contract, surely he would have accepted the bid regardless of what team it was?

We shouldn't be selling our best players, especially our captain to our rivals.

Billy Davies is a bellend, and he is obviously doing this on purpose. They have Danny Collins, Jack Hobbs and Kelvin Wilson they don't need Wes as well.

He is the best defender in the Championship, and I wouldn't let him go for anything less than £2.5 million. 

If Kasper goes, he will more than likely go to a Premiership club, but I wouldn't class him as irreplaceable, unlike Wes.

And if Nugent ends up going, then fair enough, but I just have a feeling that he may want to stay. 

I don't want to lose Morgan but it's inevitable that the money he is currently on, won't be whatw e can offer him for a new contract, therefore he'll leave in the summer unless we somehow fluke promotion. I guarantee that fast forward 9 months and when im, Kasper, Nugent and a few others walk away for free you'll all be moaning about we should have took the cash. Decent cash as well. I'm not that bothered by this current squad, it isn't that good and we've been managed poorly for the last 12-13 years. At some point someone needs to step up with a plan and execute it properly, otherwise we'll just be a fairly big club mucking about in the lower leagues.

Money has been blown and we're in the shit, strip it down and start again.

Excellent point raised there; if Wes and Nuge don't intend to extend their contracts then we should get rid now - not gamble and quite possibly lose them on a free. As mentioned in my last post, I hope the departures of fringe players (Benny poss Konch) means we can keep our prized assets (Wes / Nuge).

Excellent point raised there; if Wes and Nuge don't intend to extend their contracts then we should get rid now - not gamble and quite possibly lose them on a free. As mentioned in my last post, I hope the departures of fringe players (Benny poss Konch) means we can keep our prized assets (Wes / Nuge).

That would be the sensible and best option but I think Kasper will hold out until the sumemr anyway as being on a free strengthens his chances of getting a decent PL side come in for him and take a gamble on him.

We shouldn't be selling our best players, especially our captain to our rivals.

Billy Davies is a bellend, and he is obviously doing this on purpose. They have Danny Collins, Jack Hobbs and Kelvin Wilson they don't need Wes as well.

He is the best defender in the Championship, and I wouldn't let him go for anything less than £2.5 million. 

If Kasper goes, he will more than likely go to a Premiership club, but I wouldn't class him as irreplaceable, unlike Wes.

And if Nugent ends up going, then fair enough, but I just have a feeling that he may want to stay. 

..and Halford and at a push Lascelles. I agree, we don't need Wes. Our defence has looked more then capable so far.

I suspect it was Nugent he was watching.

I cannot see the logic behind rejecting Hull's bid for Kasper in the summer, just to let him go for free. I've said before it could happen, but if Nige didn't want to give him that sort of money again with a new contract, surely he would have accepted the bid regardless of what team it was?

It seems as though even if we'd accepted a bid, Kasper didn't want to join Hull, so we wouldn't have progressed there.

Do we need replacements for players who could barely manage about 5 appearances between them last season? Not in my opinion. Did fine without them last season, and while a couple of new players would be nice, I won't lose any sleep because we've not replaced those two duffers.

yeh did fine up till feb then the wheels came off .duffers or not we still needed fresh input into squad

Archived