Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

UEFA Champions League 2013/14

He's a superb big game manager (in the league especially) but he's going to end this year trophiless. There is no way he's the best manager in the world.

Atletico are about four wins from a league/CL double. That would be one of the greatest footballing achievements of all time IMO.

Hazard has been an embarrassment tonight.

He's playing?

The FoxesTalk bandwagon swing is in full effect. It is quite funny how someone can be unanimously hated to loved on here in the space of a few days.

Will Jose be a genius again if he wins the title?

Not that I feel the need to explain myself, but I will.

I've never liked Jose. He's an egotistical **** who loves himself, has a go at other managers for being negative and parking the bus, all while doing it himself, and then churns out excuse after excuse when things don't go his way, which I can guarantee he'll do after the game tonight.

Fair play, it worked at Liverpool on Sunday, but it's awful awful football. He's been shown up tonight, but it won't be his fault, it'll be Courtois' for playing or some bollocks like that. I for one hope he finishes with **** all this season. Well, he certainly ain't winning the CL anyways lol

Guest MattP

Who will Jose blame?

I'm going a UEFA/Etoo/Referee combination with a passing reference to the FA for making them play Sunday.

(Even though Atleticos 1st team played Sunday night)

Sorry pal. You're normally fairly spot on but that's bollocks. He went for a 0 - 0, which is what infuriated me.

Torres never had any help on the break, he was just a time-wasting outlet. They had absolutely no interest in winning or scoring.

I didn't see it cos I was at our game but by all accounts it was just the same as Liverpool at the weekend? Difference being Gerrard slips so Ba scores, whilst atletico were solid?

You might be right but I don't believe he wanted to draw 0-0. He wanted to get lucky an nick an away goal but also wanted to make sure 0-0 was the worst case scenario.

Tonight was a bit baffling with 6 defenders when a draw would've sent them out though. Not too fussed, I've liked atletico for years an if they win the league and CL it has to be the biggest double in history, surely.

He's just lost his bottle. He wasn't this bad the first time round, he's somehow lost his spark.

Didn't they take Man City apart at the Etihad this year with some terrific counter attacking or did I imagine that? The potential is there.

Like I've said, I'm not against playing cautiously or defensively but in a cup competition when you're going to need to score goals you CANNOT neglect attack entirely. A good defensive system is one that still leaves you the capacity to counter. Tactics should be about winning. Winning at all costs is still winning.

Hold on Finners... how can Chelsea go one-up, then be accused of 'neglecting attacking totally'? The goal came from open play and an attacking movement.

Where Jose has failed this evening IMO is in having no plan B to fall back on should the opposition score. Which they did.

To play in a primarily defensive formation initially to get a result is one thing (and they DID score first). To then not have a contingency to redress the situation is another.. and a failure on Mourinho's part.

Archived