Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Munshi

Charlton Post match.

Yeah okay the referee did have a shocker. But unlike a lot of the typical fox talkers I realise when actually, we weren't good enough! Marty James should've known better, his first yellow card was undeserved imo but to then shout god knows what at the ref is just suicide. Anthony knockeart came on and did the exact same thing and he squared up to one of their players, he has a major discipline problem and I guarantee he'll get sent off for it eventually! I thought we defended well in open play but I couldn't watch their corners, it was woeful! I don't want to criticise a team that haven't lost prior to today but I have to say, 3-5-2 isn't working! Right, that's my rant over!

Yeah okay the referee did have a shocker. But unlike a lot of the typical fox talkers I realise when actually, we weren't good enough! Marty James should've known better, his first yellow card was undeserved imo but to then shout god knows what at the ref is just suicide. Anthony knockeart came on and did the exact same thing and he squared up to one of their players, he has a major discipline problem and I guarantee he'll get sent off for it eventually! I thought we defended well in open play but I couldn't watch their corners, it was woeful! I don't want to criticise a team that haven't lost prior to today but I have to say, 3-5-2 isn't working! Right, that's my rant over!

I didn't realise Deadman was the ref. He is consistently awful. Really, really bad referee.

If we don't learn how to defend set pieces we'll struggle with any formation. At one point I heard that Knockaert was marking Kermorgant? WTF is that all about? Pick you smallest player to mark their biggest aerial threat. Nice one. What are Pearson and Morgan playing at?

I'm fed up with us going 2-0 down in games before we start playing. Then after we get one back we peter out into nothing and it's inevitable we won't equalise. It seems to happen quite a lot in away games.

I fvcking hate the international break.

how many headers in our own 6 yard box are we going to give away? When will Kasper learn to catch the ball at corner and smash strikers that get in his way? When will our best player start a league game this season? why do you drop a striker after he scores a hat trick? Why do we keep playing an international striker at left back/wing back?

so glad I'm not the only 1 yet Vardy or Wood are constantly dragged off to let him carry on not bothering to shoot

Wood did nothing when he came on to justify a starting position today. I'd question his attitude, IMO he was rubbish. Nugent didn't do anything all game and I'd have kept Vardy on to play with wood if I was changing a striker. I think we need to look at our discipline as all we wanted to do was row with the awful ref. James second yellow for verbals was absolutely shocking, he let us all down and Knocky Kasper and DD were at it too. I noticed DD cupped his ears at the fans when he scored again. On the plus side I thought Miquel had a decent game in what must have been quite a difficult game.

That French bloke who played 18 for them was decent :-/

Wood did nothing when he came on to justify a starting position today. I'd question his attitude, IMO he was rubbish. Nugent didn't do anything all game and I'd have kept Vardy on to play with wood if I was changing a striker. I think we need to look at our discipline as all we wanted to do was row with the awful ref. James second yellow for verbals was absolutely shocking, he let us all down and Knocky Kasper and DD were at it too. I noticed DD cupped his ears at the fans when he scored again. On the plus side I thought Miquel had a decent game in what must have been quite a difficult game.

That French bloke who played 18 for them was decent :-/

and what did Nugent do to justify a starting spot, given Wood came on when we were already losing and down to 10 men?

Not saying this was the case today and by all accounts we were gash but why aren't referees investigated more often?

We see that foreign referees are found guilty of manipulating the outcome of matches and yet there's this assumption that domestic referees are somehow morally superior and that this would never happen over here. I see so many inexplicable decisions when watching football that are simply mind-boggling. It makes you wonder whether their corrupt or simply incompetent - either way the FA continue to turn a blind eye. I'm really fed up of seeing refereeing incompetence decide the outcome of games.

For all those saying Knockaert and Wood should've started - they were both absolutely ****ing rubbish when they came on.

Is that supposed to prove some kind of point?

When Knocky replaced Drinkwater last week he made a difference and we won the game.

Bringing them on when we're 2-0 down and with 10 men on the pitch isn't the same as starting them. Besides it's not like Drinkwater ir Nugent pulled up any trees today is it? (Yet again)

The midfield trio of Drinkwater, James and King will not work in the long run. There is no creativity in there.

Is that supposed to prove some kind of point?

When Knocky replaced Drinkwater last week he made a difference and we won the game.

Bringing them on when we're 2-0 down and with 10 men on the pitch isn't the same as starting them. Besides it's not like Drinkwater ir Nugent pulled up any trees today is it? (Yet again)

The midfield trio of Drinkwater, James and King will not work in the long run. There is no creativity in there.

Particularly when there's only 2 lads ahead of them.

I can see the merits of that trio in a 4-3-3, but otherwise it's a waste of time in a 3-5-2 - it's like having six defensive players in the centre of the pitch.

Particularly when there's only 2 lads ahead of them.

I can see the merits of that trio in a 4-3-3, but otherwise it's a waste of time in a 3-5-2 - it's like having six defensive players in the centre of the pitch.

only under Nigel seeing as he doesn't let Andy King attack like he did under Sven our Sousa, far too risky ...

Knockaert is the only creative decent player we have. Worth paying to see unlike a lot if the others sadly

Yeah I'm glad he came on - I got to see him lose the ball a load of times, fall over a couple of times and square up to the ref like a petulant child. Real value for money.

Yeah I'm glad he came on - I got to see him lose the ball a load of times, fall over a couple of times and square up to the ref like a petulant child. Real value for money.

You and cc_star should go away together.

I can recommend the Cotswolds.

You and cc_star should go away together.

I can recommend the Cotswolds.

Knockaert can be a very good player on his day, but so far this season he's not shown any of his good qualities, only the poor side of his game. Lucky he didn't get sent off for squaring up to the ref as well.

this result as been coming! we havnt been playing well at all! im not pearsons biggest fan but ive been impressed with some of the changes hes made this season so far! james as cost us the game today i think if he doesnt get sent of we win this game.we ll see how it goes till xmas and if we are not in or around the play offs then its best pearson does go and its time for a change.may aswell stick by him till then and i do hope the guy can get us on another run again. in nigel we tru/persevere. 

We beat Mboro playing 3-5-2 and we played it against a very direct Leeds to earn a point. Nigel has clearly decided to go with it again as Charlton are a big, physical direct side and we got caught out at set pieces. That's why he played with 3 cb's and unfortunately we didn't do a good enough job defending set pieces. Plus the referee was a ShitCunt.

Kasper Schmeichel proved yet again today why he is the best keeper in this division. He made some world class saves and kept the score line down. 3-5-2 hasn't worked and he only looked up for the game when we went down to ten men.

Archived