Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Munshi

Charlton Post match.

Disappointing that both our ex players scored, but we can't win every game, we have started really well this season, much better than fans expected. 

At the end of the day, with Darren Deadman as the ref, it was always going to turn into a frustrating match, we have had him a couple of times at the KP and he was shocking then, and still produces the same shit again today.

3-5-2 still not sure, it's a pretty negative formation, especially if you have similar midfielders, 4-4-2, or 4-1-2-1-2 might be our best bet with the squad we have. 

Move on guys, and keep your heads up.

Two guys who supposedly weren't really good enough to play for us have fcuked us up. Very disapointing result.

I hate Kermogant - he was a useless sack of shit for 99% of his time here.

Never really given a run in the team to be fair to him.

Nige squaring up to the ref. G'won son, deal with that twat.

No he didn't square up to the ref at all, Shakey was over there saying/doing what ever Nigel went over put his hands out in a calm down gesture took Shakey away then turned back and said something.

Hard though it is, it's better to take the long view on this.

We have had a pretty good start and we were going to get beaten at some point and it took an atrocious refereeing decision to do it.  Nothing to get too upset about.

Upwards and onwards.

We've had a decent start in terms of results so far.  But a result like this was always gonna happen.  We cant keep playing so poorly for 45 minutes like we are doing and expect to be able to pull something out of the bag like we have done for other games in the season.

Pearson needs to find out sooner rather than later which way he wants to play as to me, he seems to get it all wrong before kick off, only to rectify it at half time.  Luckily thats got us by for the first 4 games, but has been too much of a mountain to climb today

No he didn't square up to the ref at all, Shakey was over there saying/doing what ever Nigel went over put his hands out in a calm down gesture took Shakey away then turned back and said something.

Stringer over-dramatising as usual then. He was saying Nige was having a right crack at the ref with Shakey in tow.

obviously wanted a win but glad we have lost our first match now rather than later.. when we are still near the top so our confidence wont take to much of a hit. we seem to play alot better in the second half... some good news thou, florest lost. :)

Surprise surprise... first defeat and already people are wanting to change formation. lol

So at what point of this season has the 5-3-2 worked for you then?

It seems we usually end up having to change from that formation during the game, to actually start playing, and create anything.

The formation itself is fine, and can work with the right type of players, as was proven under O`Neil, but at this moment in time, i don`t believe the players we currently have are suited to that formation.

Not a great performance by the sounds of things. Awful display from Deadman. A team who haven't won all season beating a team that hasn't lost.

THIS IS THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Change the formation. Slate the players. Sack the manager. Panic and bet on us to be relegated.

THIS IS FOXESTALK

It sounds like the ref's had a nightmare out there today.

If that's the case they need to be made be accountable and it needs to happen now.

Nope, can't criticise the darlings in black no matter how badly they do. Massive crime in the FA's books - typically shit organisation, can't criticise the refs but taking the piss with money? If you can slip us a few bob then it's perfect, you're a model club.  :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but I kinda blame Pearson, here. Has he not learned to build the squad up from Tuesday? Not ONE goalscorer from the Carlisle game (yes, they were bad but we did what we had to do), Nugent would have other things in his mind; I would've dropped him for in form Wood. We lacked flair and pace from the sounds of it. Not against him but its frustrating that Pearson rarely continues a similar formation when good vibes are surrounding the squad.

how many headers in our own 6 yard box are we going to give away? When will Kasper learn to catch the ball at corner and smash strikers that get in his way? When will our best player start a league game this season? why do you drop a striker after he scores a hat trick? Why do we keep playing an international striker at left back/wing back?

What did Nugent do again?????????!

Sorry does nothing for me!!!

so glad I'm not the only 1 yet Vardy or Wood are constantly dragged off to let him carry on not bothering to shoot

This has been coming for a couple of weeks, we cannot play as poor as we do first half and keep getting away with it.

Yes ref had a bad game but result cannot be soley to blame on the ref, come out first half play well, go in level or a goal or so up could have been so different second half, James gets sent off not chasing the game with 10 men.

We really need to wise up and work out what's right and wrong over the international break, and come back with a big,polished display against Wigan, if we don't I fear we will be taught a lesson by a very good Wigan side, who will punish our current first half form.

A loss against a struggling side, not the best outcome, but not the end of the world but lessons must be learn't.

I am not convinced about the management and held back on criticism because the results have gone our way, and I am not going to start calling him yet, as it's one defeat, but he knows we are not playing well(especially first half), and is stating that on the radio now, so come on Nigel get it sorted and lets not waste the good start.

Not defending James IF he swore at the ref but there really needs to be some consistency. Let's be honest, there'd be a red card in every game if the law was applied properly. Guys like Rooney can the referee a stupid fcuking cvnt 10 times in a game and still stay on the pitch. Common sense should prevail IMHO - if you deny a side a good penalty shout then you can't expect them not to be a tad upset.

Amidst all the negativity just want to draw attention to Schmeichel. Absolutely outstanding performance including at least 1 genuinely world class save. His passion and enthusiasm is brilliant to see as well. Gave his gloves to a fan at the end. A proper footballer, probably the best keeper in the division and a top bloke as well. Hats off.

Archived