Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Munshi

Charlton Post match.

I agree with the "it was coming" lot, we've been okay so far however as most of our first halves suggest that we have a long way to go. We simply must get a winger in on loan IMO to give us something different, I don't wan to look upon our start as an indication of how poor the league is but we have to be and can be so much better.

My outlook so far has been we have looked nervous, the players will be fully aware of the negativity surrounding the pre-season but considering what happened last season we have started let's face it better than we all expected. Having got the "dreaded" start out of the way I hope to think we can work on the little niggling errors and errors is what they are, and push on! Come on boys lets remain positive it's happened so let's prepare for Wigan and get behind the lads!

Did you even go to the game? The rest of the players upped their game once James had been sent off and we started to look decent - those two contributed nothing to that. I would genuinely rather have kept Vardy and De Laet on.

It's clear that they did up their game once James got sent off, but why did it take James getting send off to get them trying harder, this is what concerns me, up until that we were very flat, and not really creating.

As I said I'm not slating them just yet as the results until today have been good, but the concerns I have had are the slow starts will cost us, and up until today we have got away with it, but we are coming up against very good sides over the next few days, and we could be well out of the games before we even get going.

I'm gutted we lost to another struggling side, but I live in hope that Nigel addresses these clear issues over the break, and we can continue the good start.

You see players shouting at ref's in pretty much every game and go unpunished. Darren Deadman, what a willy puller.

You rarely see them running 50 yards at ref's, whether some ref's give it or not you can get booked for it and therefore a stupid thing to do.

Sorry about not blaming the ref everytime we lose or someone gets sent off.

We can't win them all. And didn't deserve to today. That referee though, wow. Absolutely shocking. Says it all when our manager and his assistant go on the pitch to confront him. Which never happens.

A bit silly from James to do what he did with how petulant the ref was being but you live and you learn.

Getting ever so more annoyed at Drinkwater. Cupped his ear yet again. Why didn't he do that when he missed his one on one (which in turn was the start of the events that lead to James being sent off).

A possible foul on Schmeichel for the second, but we were at the other end. So I'll reserve full judgement on that. No excuses for the first goal though. No marking, no-one doing anything to stop the goal.

Stepped it up when James went off but it shouldn't have took that for us to get involved in the game. The formation isn't working. It's as simple as that. There's no width and the strikers are isolated. The midfielders are so deep collecting the ball it's making attacking even harder.

A poor day at the office but 10 points from 15 is a great start, we sit in the top 6 having been nowhere near our best.

Time for the players to have a few days rest and then regroup for what will be a tough game against Wigan.

We can't judge his decision on James until we know what he said. However, it does look like a foul on Schmeichel.

Spoke to Steve Walsh - Both James and Kasper were booked for "running towards the referee in an aggressive manner".

From that video can't decide whether that is a foul or not. To me it looks like the momentum took Matty down but he probably wouldn't have gone down if he hadn't been clipped.

On the starting XI, I feel that team was picked to get a result in that game. Strikers with pace instead of height were utilised to combat big, slow centre halves and a midfield three to combat their own. If we played 4-4-2 we would probably have got overrun in midfield and we would all moan that there was no service up front.

I haven't seen Mattys first booking but I am astounded the referee booked him so early. We all know the best refs just give the player a word and a clip round the ear hole if a tackles a bit rash in the first twenty, and that's in the Prem not the more physical Championship!

The defending was poor for both their goals. I fvcking hate Kermo.

Spoke to Steve Walsh - Both James and Kasper were booked for "running towards the referee in an aggressive manner".

Wow. That must happen in just about every football match that takes place today. It wasn't great to see but I fail to see how thats especially aggressive. I've seen players grab the referees arm etc and not be booked. Some semblance of consistency would be lovely.

We can't win them all. And didn't deserve to today. That referee though, wow. Absolutely shocking. Says it all when our manager and his assistant go on the pitch to confront him. Which never happens.

A bit silly from James to do what he did with how petulant the ref was being but you live and you learn.

Getting ever so more annoyed at Drinkwater. Cupped his ear yet again. Why didn't he do that when he missed his one on one (which in turn was the start of the events that lead to James being sent off).

A possible foul on Schmeichel for the second, but we were at the other end. So I'll reserve full judgement on that. No excuses for the first goal though. No marking, no-one doing anything to stop the goal.

Stepped it up when James went off but it shouldn't have took that for us to get involved in the game. The formation isn't working. It's as simple as that. There's no width and the strikers are isolated. The midfielders are so deep collecting the ball it's making attacking even harder.

A poor day at the office but 10 points from 15 is a great start, we sit in the top 6 having been nowhere near our best.

Time for the players to have a few days rest and then regroup for what will be a tough game against Wigan.

Love you Bert.

Nice one  :thumbup:

I can't have much sympathy with our players if that's the reason. It's the sort of thing you don't see so much in the lower leagues. Just get on with the game, have a quiet word with the ref later maybe.

lol the ref's talk some rubbish, big difference between a passionate appeal and aggression, he would struggle if he refreed in somewhere like South America, I think he would need an armed body guard every week with that standard of performance 👎

You weren't that bad, just were too afraid to pass it into the box so elected to shoot from distance instead. Dyer was ineffective when he came on.

Gritty performance from us and it's about time we got our first win of the season, hopefully this will carry on into the next games.

We've seen the video. What is aggressive about James' actions? Ridiculous.

I still don't know what James is doing. He sprints over to the ref and gets in his face, I don't know if I'd have sent him off but really what the **** is James doing when he's already on a yellow?

Defending for their first was atrocious, did their player even have to move? I think a cardboard cut-out would have scored. Nobody even challenges for it.

Just got back from the game. Thought I'd get the opinion of a couple of Charlton fans on us on the way back from the game. They seemed to think that we are good side with a static defence. Certainly couldn't disagree with that for the first goal we conceded.

Really disappointed with the ref giving a second yellow for a bit of lip; it just ruins a game and he must have known that. The people around me were on Miquel's back, but I thought he looked tidy with some good passing and solid headers. His shot was a bit feeble though in the 2nd half.

I think we have a good midfield, but like for much of last season, we can look good in possession without having any real teeth. We don't seem to really carve teams open, or seem to have that many one-on-ones. Why not? When we have skillfull players? Moore can improve his distribution.

Great to hear the new Vardy song to the Human League; born by the fans on this board :thumbup:  

Archived