Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Munshi

Charlton Post match.

Gets in his face? he was stood next to him, if that's getting in his face to you you have never seen a real square up then

It's still getting closer than is comfortable for someone, he doesn't need to run over and do that. I'd be annoyed if I were the manager. It's completely unnecessary.

Gets in his face? he was stood next to him, if that's getting in his face to you you have never seen a real square up then

Knocky properly squared up to him. The ref was smelling Knocky's breath.

I don't honestly care about these refs any more. We just have to know there will be at least 3 or 4 games a season that will be written off for us due to the shite we are provided with. It happens every season and it won't be any different this season. 

I don't honestly care about these refs any more. We just have to know there will be at least 3 or 4 games a season that will be written off for us due to the shite we are provided with. It happens every season and it won't be any different this season. 

well when is it going to even out? when are we going to be gifted by a ref, see the oppo down to 10 men and every decision go our way?

You weren't that bad, just were too afraid to pass it into the box so elected to shoot from distance instead. Dyer was ineffective when he came on.

Gritty performance from us and it's about time we got our first win of the season, hopefully this will carry on into the next games.

What an outrageous post this is, surely he should be banned from the Leicester Forum for that?

Old habits die hard!

City can't defend set pieces.....

Deadman remains an incompetent referee....

We played poorly and lost but it's the first loss this season.If we are to progress we need to defend much better.

Ref was awful, so were we for much of the game. Charlton do seem to practice corners, which perhaps we could learn from, their movement in the box was really good.

Schmeichel made a save in the second half that was world class. Morgan and Moore were ok, Vardy ran a lot and looked the only decent striker today, good assist. Nugent did nothing for 90 minutes.

The anger on the James sending off incident was because a minute earlier they got a free kick in a dangerous position for an identical (non) foul.

I think 3-5-2 could work against a team who attacks us, but Charlton set up defensively from the start.

You weren't that bad, just were too afraid to pass it into the box so elected to shoot from distance instead. Dyer was ineffective when he came on.

Gritty performance from us and it's about time we got our first win of the season, hopefully this will carry on into the next games.

lol I wish you would go into a different league to us, you are now clearly our bogey team.

A big help from the ref today, but would say your assessment is probably reasonable.

Few points from today:

- I was all for 3-5-2. But not 5-3-2. I'm all for it if the full-backs play like wing-backs, which they're not, and we don't have 3 defensive minded midfield players playing, which we do.

- We're so shit at defending crosses.

- Their first shouldn't have been a corner.

- James and Miquel shouldn't have been booked for the first two fouls of the game. Petty.

- James shouldn't have given that amount of dissent given that he was on a yellow card. Stupid.

- Knockaert could conceivably have been sent off.

- The ref was ridiculous.

- Why does it take us a sending off to start playing with intent?

- The fans were good at times, favourites included 'We're Leicester City, we do what we want' when told to sit down and 'Knock him out, Knockaert Knockaert'.

- Is that three 2-1 defeats to Charlton in a row? I've been to them all, depressing.

- Charlton is a shithole with a shit team with shit fans and shit players, who were shit today. 

well when is it going to even out? when are we going to be gifted by a ref, see the oppo down to 10 men and every decision go our way?

It never will and never has happened for us. We just have to accept it's going to happen as there's nothing we can do about the shite we have to put up with every season.

It never will and never has happened for us. We just have to accept it's going to happen as there's nothing we can do about the shite we have to put up with every season.

I'm fed up of it mate. Pisses me off that we just have to expect to put up with shite referees - the piss-poor standard of refereeing is my one of my biggest bug-bears with football. Yes it's a difficult job but you have to be up to it and too many are not. Simple common sense seems to be an alien concept these days.

Maybe James was a bit daft but a second yellow? For 'running aggressively' towards the ref? Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Evening all, practically a home game for me so home early for once.

First half we were poor, hopelessly conservative with neither Sclupp nor De Laet being released early enough to make any kind of an impact going forward.

Otherwise fairly typical Leicester this season, no pace, no width and no guile, what we got was lots of effort, more effort and, yes, even more effort. Charlton were pretty poor too, though they did seem more purposeful going forward.

They scored on the half hour in the now traditional way, from a corner given away by some pretty shambolic defending. Morrison was effectively unchallenged inside the 6 yard box and headed in with no problem, no sign of Schmeichel or Morgan.

Second half started much the same, Charlton slightly more on the front foot but then City started to come into it a bit more. James was put through and appeared to be pulled off balance when ready to shoot about 18 yards out, the ref not only waved play on, but then booked and sent off for complaining strongly and chasing the ref. James was indignant which was fair enough but chasing the ref the way he did was always asking for trouble.

While we were still settling down Kermogant scored again, from another corner of course, and that was pretty much that. Sure we fought quite hard, were on top at times and Drinkwater got a good goal back, but with a man down we were never able to do enough to get on terms.

Two general points….

The ref was awful, not just the James incident but inconsistent and just plain wrong much of the time, gave Knockaert a break though, he was at least as aggressive towards the ref as James and if he had been consistent he would have been carded too.

Schmeichel once again showed why he is still playing at this level, some fantastic shop stopping combined with a complete inability to command his area, particularly from free kicks and corners.

Evening all, practically a home game for me so home early for once.

First half we were poor, hopelessly conservative with neither Sclupp nor De Laet being released early enough to make any kind of an impact going forward.

Otherwise fairly typical Leicester this season, no pace, no width and no guile, what we got was lots of effort, more effort and, yes, even more effort. Charlton were pretty poor too, though they did seem more purposeful going forward.

They scored on the half hour in the now traditional way, from a corner given away by some pretty shambolic defending. Morrison was effectively unchallenged inside the 6 yard box and headed in with no problem, no sign of Schmeichel or Morgan.

Second half started much the same, Charlton slightly more on the front foot but then City started to come into it a bit more. James was put through and appeared to be pulled off balance when ready to shoot about 18 yards out, the ref not only waved play on, but then booked and sent off for complaining strongly and chasing the ref. James was indignant which was fair enough but chasing the ref the way he did was always asking for trouble.

While we were still settling down Kermogant scored again, from another corner of course, and that was pretty much that. Sure we fought quite hard, were on top at times and Drinkwater got a good goal back, but with a man down we were never able to do enough to get on terms.

Two general points….

The ref was awful, not just the James incident but inconsistent and just plain wrong much of the time, gave Knockaert a break though, he was at least as aggressive towards the ref as James and if he had been consistent he would have been carded too.

Schmeichel once again showed why he is still playing at this level, some fantastic shop stopping combined with a complete inability to command his area, particularly from free kicks and corners.

They both got booked for it.

Knocky could have been sent off for that. 

Archived