Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Munshi

Charlton Post match.

Swindon in the cup, Konchesky got away with a dreadful foul.

Also the last minute pen against Watford was debatable to say the least (albeit I thought it was a foul).

2 examples in 2 years.

First one I couldn't give a flying **** about an FA cup game in the grand scheme of things and being down to ten men wouldn't have made a difference to our season. Yes, he may have been suspended for a league game but we'd still have 11 players anyway.

I actually thought Knockaert's one was a dive and we got lucky - didn't bloody take advantage of it though did we! That's the only time in years I've thought we had got lucky (debatable too) and we cocked it up.

Honestly can't remember a game where we have benefited from a shocking decision by the ref and it has won us a game.

Why do we always have to overcome the adversity of getting shit referees? Doesn't matter who we play, what the score is or whether we're home or away, the referees always give preferential treatment to the opposition which I think is absolutely ludicrous and unfair. How many other teams suffer from this I wonder?

We've had a great start to the season but this sort of game, against mediocre opposition is the type we need to get at least a point in.

I noticed that QPR won away again today and I'd be surprised, with their quality, if they aren't well in front by Christmas.

Win at home, draw away, is important in this division. Fortunately, we've already picked up points away so we have a nice little cushion.

However, no excuses, today was a pretty winnable or 'drawable' game.

Was at the game and still not seen us win there after today's 3rd visit. To be fair to the lads, we gave it a good effort 2nd half, you can't knock them for that. I think if we had 11 men on the pitch we'd have got something from the game as we held our own with 10. Ultimately a horrible decision from a terrible ref and 2 pieces of woeful set piece defending have cost us today. We really do need to work on defending corners and free kicks as we looked vulnerable all game from them. As the 2nd was at the other end from us I couldn't tell if it was a foul on Kasper or not, gut instinct says it was but really can't say 100%. Either way our defending needs to improve.

Still not sold completely with the formation, I think it could work but with different personnel involved, whether we have those players who could make the most of it I'm unsure of. The midfield 3 are all to similar, all nice passers of the ball but really no cutting edge, and with 2 full backs in the wind back position it really does stifle our attacking play. When we played 3-5-2 under MON we had Lennon sitting, Izzet getting beyond the strikers and had a bit of magic in him whilst Sav was a headless chicken which meant it worked. Plus Impey and Guppy were attack minded so the strikers weren't isolated like they are now. For me I'd go back to 442 as we look a better team and more comfortable in that formation.

Overall very happy with the start we've made to the season, 10 from 15 is solid and something to build on. hopefully we can start to improve the performances and get back to playing the good football we're capable of which will give us more of a chance of winning games.

Defending from corners was abominal.

Other than that did they really create much from open play? Not really. Need to sort that out though. I was appalled when I saw Morrison attack the ball unchallenged in the six yard area.

Yes it was hard to stomach...

Edit: damn the edit, definitely said abdominal originally

The ref has definitely made a nice 5 figure sum from that. His performance today quite comfortably eclipsed that of Fat Boy Jon Moss at Forest when Schmeichel was sent off. Blatant cheating of the highest order. Fvcking Unreal. It was that bad that NP should demand a rematch.

I've just seen the 'penalty' on SSN.

The slightest of contact that should not have been enough to bring James down and the initial touch was outside the box anyway.

Then James runs after the ref shouting and waving his arms gets right in the ref's face and is then sent off for dissent.

I knew Stringer and Young were talking shit on the radio, it was not a penalty and Jame's reaction by the letter of the law was a yellow card.

Being already on a Yellow card he ran the risk of going off by acting in that manner.

Not having that the second goal was a foul, Kasper ran into the Charlton player rather than vice-versa. 

James should also know better than to chase a referee around the pitch regardless of it being a poor decision or not, not to give the foul.

I've just seen the 'penalty' on SSN.

The slightest of contact that should not have been enough to bring James down and the initial touch was outside the box anyway.

Then James runs after the ref shouting and waving his arms gets right in the ref's face and is then sent off for dissent.

I knew Stringer and Young were talking shit on the radio, it was not a penalty and Jame's reaction by the letter of the law was a yellow card.

Being already on a Yellow card he ran the risk of going off by acting in that manner.

I don't believe it's a foul but it's not a yellow card, well maybe it is by the letter of the law but by the letter of the law even somebody throwing an arm at the ref in disgust of a decision is a yellow card. Miguel should have been booked at the end by letter of the law. The fact remains that as soon as the James went towards the ref he couldn't wait to send him off. Add that to the fact that his first booking was for his first tackle, wasn't particularly dangerous and was well inside their half it is a rather unfortunate sending off.

Not having that the second goal was a foul, Kasper ran into the Charlton player rather than vice-versa. 

James should also know better than to chase a referee around the pitch regardless of it being a poor decision or not, not to give the foul.

Chase the referee is over dramatic, the ref was behind him and he ran with him towards where the throw would be taken from. The ref took it personally and as I said maybe by the letter of the law it's a yellow card but many other things would have gone against the laws of the game on that pitch today which he did nothing about.

I ask consistency, if you're going to be hopeless at least be hopeless consistently like the the ref against Derby.

Well Iv managed to calm down after today's game and still feel that has been the worst home sided referee Iv ever seen.

Don't get me wrong James first booking was late and didn't get ball but for first offence early on is setting your mark and must carry it on yet moments later one of theirs took nugent clean out on the knee on halfway line with no intention of playing the ball and didn't even speak to him!

The goals I haven't really seen to say if kasper was fouled but on the first I felt he was more interested in arguing with referee than organising the players - and guess what unmarked man headers in. Not sure who was meant to marking Morrison.

Knockaert was lucky to stay on tho I felt :)

Just got back home.

Thought we were poor today, not impressed at all. Referee didn't help us at all (he was a disgrace), and at ten men I felt we were never going to get back into the game. Don't understand why we didn't start we three up front like at Derby, especially after Wood scored a hat trick midweek. 

Even more frustrated because we lost to a team who look so bad, probably the worst I've seen all season. Bad goals to concede, not sure what happened to Kasper, but Church was just standing in front of him. Annoying as hell. Kermogrant likes a dive or five as well, goes down easy. 

Did no one else fear the worst when Knocky shoved his face in the ref's? 

I did. Thought the red card was coming out again.

For me players should be given a stern warning for that sort of behaviour, referees should realise that football can be an emotional game and should try to manage the match rather than dictate it. One firm talking to sets the agenda and lets the player know what's what. Unless the player's said something unacceptable you don't book him first time.

Archived