Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Munshi

Charlton Post match.

This might come across as petulant and maybe I should just move on after yesterday, but I couldn't help doing a quick search on the ref and didn't realise what an egotistical clown he really is. http://bit.ly/1dDPbgc

Also, his Wikipedia page (I realise this isn't exactly the Oxford Dictionary, but still) has a long list of previous f**k ups - certainly more controversies than "highlights". http://bit.ly/15LgXlp

Deadman. What a twunt. 

Sorry, but if that first one about Carlisle v Millwall is true he should have been struck from the referees list, because that sort of conduct should not be acceptable. If it is true then it's a pretty damning indictment of the FA's interest in the game, a referee who is happy to support a team in a match he is refereeing is not fit to be a referee.

No one finds you funny, your puns are utter shite.

You've no idea what a pun is do you?

Not read any of the other posts in this thread as yet but it seems to be Pearson's hallmark again in that ringing unnecessary changes to start this game (from what was of course a successful team for the first five or so games, plus undefeated) has resulted in - a loss! Agreed that the harsh sending off of James probably didn't help the cause but even so we were already chasing the game by then anyway. I suppose other seemingly supernatural occurrences all added to the demise though - such as the curse of Kermogant (again!) plus this time Morrison! - two formers of course.

If none of the above is relevant to the cause then the bottom line will probably be that we always lose at Charlton, regardless......!

Just watched the highlights on both BBC and LCFC, hoping to get some understanding of James'sending off. It looked to me a clear foul,on edge of box, in or out was the question.Deadman was some way behind James but his assistant was in line.

Did either show the incident? No.

Why not? They showed the inexplicable decision after Kaspers save when Church headed wide and a corner was given.

Do refs have to be protected by careful editing?

Regarding Schmeichel,

There's a difference between being a good shot stopper and an all round quality keeper, Kaspers indecisive flapping at corners has cost us dearly at times. He NEEDS to command his whole back four, I think he needs to watch videos of Shilton in his prime!

Or his dad.

What about this for Wigan?

GK: Kasper

CB: Morgan

CB: Moore

DM: Hammond

CM: Drinkwater

CM: King

AM: Waghorn

RW: Knockaert

LW: Dyer

AT: Vardy

AT: Nugent

Bench: Smith, Miquel, De Laet, Schlupp, Danns, Wood & Futacs? 

Thoughts on formation?

lol Futacs

Thoughts on formation?

Bizarre.

I saw him a St Pancras last season too, after Palace away. Probably a common thing.

Maybe he likes trains? I remember when Leicester played away at Watford last season (not the play off semi final) and Zak Whitbread was on our train. The poor guy got surrounded by leicester fans. Also once I sat a couple of seats away from St Ledger on route to Bury.

Are you taking the piss? 

-----------------Kasper----------------

-------------Wes-----Moore----------

---------------Hammond--------------

----------Drinky---------King---------

Knocky-------Waghorn--------Dyer

------------Vardy-----Nuge-----------

:blink: He must be.

-----------------Kasper----------------

-------------Wes-----Moore----------

---------------Hammond--------------

----------Drinky---------King---------

Knocky-------Waghorn--------Dyer

------------Vardy-----Nuge-----------

:blink: He must be.

Now that's a proper 90's Newcastle formation - fuck defending, let's just score more than you.

Are you being serious? Please point out to me as to what is wrong with it., for heaven's sake. 

Are you just sulking?

I was joking, that's why I quite deliberately chose a Lamby post that didn't say anything particularly outrageous.

Wood did nothing when he came on to justify a starting position today. I'd question his attitude, IMO he was rubbish. Nugent didn't do anything all game and I'd have kept Vardy on to play with wood if I was changing a striker. I think we need to look at our discipline as all we wanted to do was row with the awful ref. James second yellow for verbals was absolutely shocking, he let us all down and Knocky Kasper and DD were at it too. I noticed DD cupped his ears at the fans when he scored again. On the plus side I thought Miquel had a decent game in what must have been quite a difficult game.

That French bloke who played 18 for them was decent :-/

We can't win them all. And didn't deserve to today. That referee though, wow. Absolutely shocking. Says it all when our manager and his assistant go on the pitch to confront him. Which never happens.

A bit silly from James to do what he did with how petulant the ref was being but you live and you learn.

Getting ever so more annoyed at Drinkwater. Cupped his ear yet again. Why didn't he do that when he missed his one on one (which in turn was the start of the events that lead to James being sent off).

A possible foul on Schmeichel for the second, but we were at the other end. So I'll reserve full judgement on that. No excuses for the first goal though. No marking, no-one doing anything to stop the goal.

Stepped it up when James went off but it shouldn't have took that for us to get involved in the game. The formation isn't working. It's as simple as that. There's no width and the strikers are isolated. The midfielders are so deep collecting the ball it's making attacking even harder.

A poor day at the office but 10 points from 15 is a great start, we sit in the top 6 having been nowhere near our best.

Time for the players to have a few days rest and then regroup for what will be a tough game against Wigan.

Agreed. He's not really had a great amount of stick in the past and when he's not been great at times I think Leicester fans have actually had a lot of patience with him. If that's his attitude towards the whole support (including those amongst it who will never have given him grief) then he can do one and I don't want him at the club.

Nor are you!

10 points from a possible 15 and play-off semi-finalists last season certainly says that, whilst nothing is guaranteed, we're not a bad bet for it. Charlton on the other hand...

Hi Charlton Fan here in peace , Not here to gloat just here to share some thoughts

1: schmeichel- Thought he didn't have the best first half and was infact probably at fault for our first , however , his second half performance may have been one of the best I've ever witnessed at the valley , deffinately the best shot stopper outside the Premier league , no question

2: The Ref - Thought he had a shocker , Not to sure What James said to the ref but to be honest , if one of our players got sent of arguing our cause , I'd be annoyed too , it was nice to have a ref give us some dubious decisions for once though

3 : Kermo- I can completely understand why you hate him , but c'mon , he played well today , Showed a lot more energy that Wood or Nugent I thought , Class act when in the mood.

4 : Away Support : thought your fans were good , up there with some of the best we've witnessed over the past Season and a bit

5 : The Result - Thought we probably just edged the game , however , had the last 20 been played with 11 each I feel you may have got at least a point

Good luck for the rest of the season , you've certainly got a strong squad of players there

:thumbup:

Very accurate and fair assessment here for those who didn't go!

Thoughts on formation?

2-6-2 is not for winners. We may aswell just go really old school and have 2-3-5 at that rate

he was stood next to him, presumable asking why it wasn't a foul, if the ref is so weak he cannot cope with that he shouldn't be there

Agreed. Anyone see Wellbeck get in the linesman's face yesterday? I would have sent Wellbeck off for that with a straight red. Linesman had to actually take a step back 

Archived