Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Transfer Deadline Day - LCFC Speculation

Nugent remains the best striker at the club.

I think he's much better than Chris Wood personally, from what I've seen of the two playing.

Selling Nuge would be purely a money thing.

2.5 mill for a player with one year left on his contract would be good financial business.

Unfortunately, again it would suggest we have become a 'selling club'.

Selling the likes of Mills, Beckford... Fine... They were crap for us.

Selling Nugent is a different matter altogether.

We'd be selling our top scorer of the past two seasons, purely for financial reasons. Isn't anyone at least slightly bothered about this?

Not really, it's more than enough money to find a suitable replacement and means we won't be losing him on a free next year. If we can't get him to sign a new contract for a reasonable wage then this is the window to sell him if we want to get a decent fee.

Why all this love for Nakhi Wells as well? Like he's some mind-blowing player? He's scored a few goals at League 2 level, but there's nothing to suggest that he'd score anything like that in the Championship? How would he be any different than someone like Vardy, for instance?

I wouldn't mind us taking a punt on someone like that, but to suggest he'd automatically be a good replacement for Nugent is mental to be quite honest.

You can generally tell when a player is too good for the level he's playing at.

Matej Vydra last season for example.

Wells just has 'it'. Can score all types of goals, is lightening quick and has a very good touch.

He's currently on 5 goals in 4 games in League One.

Nugent remains the best striker at the club.

I think he's much better than Chris Wood personally, from what I've seen of the two playing.

Selling Nuge would be purely a money thing.

2.5 mill for a player with one year left on his contract would be good financial business.

Unfortunately, again it would suggest we have become a 'selling club'.

Selling the likes of Mills, Beckford... Fine... They were crap for us.

Selling Nugent is a different matter altogether.

We'd be selling our top scorer of the past two seasons, purely for financial reasons. Isn't anyone at least slightly bothered about this?

me.

we should sell players we can do without and give Nuge a new contract. rather keep him than get another striker

It's the selling players we can do without bit that is hard.

Perhaps clubs will learn to give shorter contracts now if they are going to pay high wages. Longer contracts are only possible for reasonable /low wages.

If Nugent goes, I'd expect us to bring in another striker, but if he doesn't then I think we'll be finished in terms of signings for the summer.

If we manage to get £2.5 million for Nugent and get in someone like Sharp/Doyle/Fryatt on the cheap, then it will have been a good bit of business IMO.

I'm expecting Nuge and Waggy to go and all three of them to join to be honest.  I'd also expect another CB to come.  I think this could be a busy day for the Foxes.  If not, I'de expect loans to follow.

Mark via text on 81111: Rumours abound in Leicester that David Nugent is Nottingham Forest bound, but only if former striker Matty Fryatt returns to the Foxes.

Jesus.

All he is doing is reading FoxesTalk. I started that rumour. :ph34r:  It got Matt quite upset. 

If we need to get rid of strikers then don't sell Nugent, Wood or Vardy. Focus on getting rid of Waghorn and Futacs as they don't make the cut.

Out: Waghorn (Wolves) an Futacs (Real Vallecino)

In: Connor Whickham (Surplus to requirements at Sunderland)

I'd also like to see a player similar to Eagles, Koren, Whittingham come in. My preference would be Chris Burke from Birmingham, experienced and plays well.

If we need to get rid of strikers then don't sell Nugent, Wood or Vardy. Focus on getting rid of Waghorn and Futacs as they don't make the cut.

Out: Waghorn (Wolves) an Futacs (Real Vallecino)

In: Connor Whickham (Surplus to requirements at Sunderland)

I'd also like to see a player similar to Eagles, Koren, Whittingham come in. My preference would be Chris Burke from Birmingham, experienced and plays well.

Wickham is playing at Sunderland.  Koren is playing at Hull.  Whittingham is playing at Cardiff.  Never going to happen surely?

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

Not linked with us atm, Not ITK...

Free transfer? would prefer him to doyle IMO...

Not been himself for a few seasons (Like doyle/anyone at wolves) 

Wages wouldnt be a stumbling block? (Wouldnt be on much surely?)

If we can get him provided he WILL score goals at this level... Find those feet and could be unstoppable.. Let waghorn go... if futacs wont be given a game cut losses and sell cheap (If his wages are not too much?)

Would love to see him here IMO...

Rather than doyle..

Opinions?

Hello Mark mate, my sources have informed me that Nugent can go as long as we sign China international Yu Kan Do Wun.

Text the BBC pal!

Damn I'm out of credit, just tried to send the following text to the BBC: "More rumours regarding Leicester's David Nugent. Pearson might be set to use the cash to bring in relatively unknown French u21 Markan Du Rhone."  If anyone gets it off I'll get them off in return.

Archived