Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Blackpool Match Thread

Schmeichel; De Laet, Morgan ©, Moore, Konchesky; Knockaert, Drinkwater, King, Dyer; Nugent, Vardy.

Subs:Logan, Miquel, Bakayogo, Taylor-Fletcher, James, Hammond, Schlupp

No Wood in the squad. (slight hamstring problem according to Shakey. )

Never confident in 442 away from home out midfield is not strong enough. :(

Isn't Blackpool quite a small pitch? Maybe Nige thinks 3 in CM is overkill on a small pitch.

That bench looks decent now. Was not feeling positive at all at the start of the season but I am impressed by the way we have started the season and the new signings will allow us to be much more solid when needed.

Think we may well have a side capable of promotion. The squad looks like they will be much harder to beat this season. We were to weak mentally and physically last season.

Never overly confident with 4-4-2 away from home but I suppose it'd be harsh to change a team on the back of 2 good wins and man for man we're better than these

On the plus side that bench looks stronger than we've had it for a while.

1-0 City, Vardy with the goal

I am a big fan of Wood but agree with that bench today. Wood was turd when he came on against Blackburn and was turd at Blackpool last year. Reckon GTF might fancy a goal against his old club.

Despite Wood scoring a perfectly good goal, wrongly ruled out for offside against Blackburn, (watch the highlights on skys website).

Personally i think that Wood is our best finisher.

Archived