Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Lowe

The 90th minute away from home.

Thing about yesterday was, I genuinely thought we looked comfortable. Blackpool had no threat going forward, it seemed it was always going to take a worldy or a mistake to break us down. Unfortunately it was the latter.

This makes things worse - we nearly always look comfortable until we get into the added time.

How many goals do we score in the last minute at home? I bet it is fairly even, it happens, home team is losing, chuck everything forwards, they are going to create chances, last minute goals are a fairly regular occurrence for most teams, by fairly regular I mean 3 or 4 a season. No big deal, we'll get our fair share of last minute points, disappointing of course, but no real cause for concern.

By my reckoning it has happened 30 times in the last 5 seasons.

Just seen the Kasper error on the FLS, he did appear to bump into a Blackpool player, but **** me there were at least 15 players in the box, their player was facing the corner flag no goal scoring opportunity,and he fell over like he had been shot.

Harsh decision by the ref suppose he was trying to even things up imo.

Just seen the Kasper error on the FLS, he did appear to bump into a Blackpool player, but **** me there were at least 15 players in the box, their player was facing the corner flag no goal scoring opportunity,and he fell over like he had been shot.

A foul is a foul. Goalscoring opportunities don't come into it.

I think some people look for more than there is. Kasper made a diabolical decision to go for that ball, pretty sure he had made his mind up before the fella threw it, and it was never ever his to collect. There were far too many players between him and the ball. I've criticised his judgement on here before, he's a good all-round keeper, a superb shot stopper but not commanding enough with high balls in the box for me. Maybe this spreads through the team when it comes to closing games out? But I'm sure we'd have won yesterday without his error, just as I'm sure we'd have lost on numerous occasions without his shot stopping ability. A point away at a team near the top is ok, and but for the way in which we grabbed the draw from the hands of victory, one which we'd have settled for at the start I think.

Found some stats for goals scored and conceded by 15 and 10 minute periods.

http://www.soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=england2_2013

So for last season we conceded the joint least amount of goals in the last 15 and last 10 minute periods

Thanks for finding that - they need a 90-95 minutes section though! Overall we have a better defence than most teams so not surprised by these figures, it's just that we have problems around 90 minutes.

I bet most fans of most clubs would say exactly the same. Teams get nervous in the last few minutes. From playing at a reasonable level myself I remember often conceding late goals even in games where my team were comfortably in control.

A foul is a foul. Goalscoring opportunities don't come into it.

I do realise a foul inside the penalty area is a penalty, and it doesn't have to be a goal soring opportunity, I was suggesting the manner the player hit the deck, and his position within the area makes it a cruel way to concede a goal.

How many goals do we score in the last minute at home? I bet it is fairly even, it happens, home team is losing, chuck everything forwards, they are going to create chances, last minute goals are a fairly regular occurrence for most teams, by fairly regular I mean 3 or 4 a season. No big deal, we'll get our fair share of last minute points, disappointing of course, but no real cause for concern.

How many? Very few.

Leeds at home last year is the only one I can remember.

Having said that - how often are losing at home in the 89th minute?

Incidently, remember the game in 2012 when we drew 3-3 with Blackpool when they scored in the last minute. 63 games ago and the last time we conceded more than 2 goals in a game. If we get to 76 then that is a football league record.

We haven't conceded 3 goals in a league game since that? lol

Jesus.

I think some people look for more than there is. Kasper made a diabolical decision to go for that ball, pretty sure he had made his mind up before the fella threw it, and it was never ever his to collect. There were far too many players between him and the ball. I've criticised his judgement on here before, he's a good all-round keeper, a superb shot stopper but not commanding enough with high balls in the box for me. Maybe this spreads through the team when it comes to closing games out? But I'm sure we'd have won yesterday without his error, just as I'm sure we'd have lost on numerous occasions without his shot stopping ability. A point away at a team near the top is ok, and but for the way in which we grabbed the draw from the hands of victory, one which we'd have settled for at the start I think.

I agree, Kasper made a mistake, end of!!

Kasper at times is very rash and hesitates, over rated keeper if u ask me!

I don't think we were sitting back that much. Obviously Blackpool will have pressure, being at home, but we were still winning corners and playing in midfield well into the last 5 minutes. The only way they looked like scoring was through a mistake and it happened.

Ahh something to moan about! We're 3rd, try and enjoy it. 

Why would we "enjoy'" dropping another place in the league after holding top place a week ago or gifting two vital points and denying ourselves an important victory that saw us slip out of the automatic promotion places?

No, we're not in a bad position, but I remember what happened when we topped the table last season. We just couldn't cope with it and eventually went on the sort of run you'd normally only have in nightmares.

Yesterday's closing minutes only suggested that we've still learned nothing about how to cope with the pressure of being top.

It's not just about football. We need to get our attitude right.   

Why would we "enjoy'" dropping another place in the league after holding top place a week ago or gifting two vital points and denying ourselves an important victory that saw us slip out of the automatic promotion places?

No, we're not in a bad position, but I remember what happened when we topped the table last season. We just couldn't cope with it and eventually went on the sort of run you'd normally only have in nightmares.

Yesterday's closing minutes only suggested that we've still learned nothing about how to cope with the pressure of being top.

What about the previous week when we attacked sensibly at home to Wigan?

I go back to my original point. We're no better or worse than anybody else in this division at defending a lead. Arguably we should be as one of the division's better sides.

Hang on, we were knocked off top by dint of not playing and someone else claiming a draw.

Archived