Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Derby Match Thread

Once again Nigel being damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  How many people have been crying out with the following:

"What's the point in Bakayogo if he doesn't play him?"

"Why doesn't he play Schlupp up front?"

"When's Wasyl going to play?"

"Stick Hammond in holding mid, we need one"

"Give the academy boys a go"

He's doing all of them.  It's not the league and we need to blood them sometime and this is a good opportunity to see if they cut it against a Championship side almost playing their first team.

doing them all in one go is a bit much though

Once again Nigel being damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. How many people have been crying out with the following:

"What's the point in Bakayogo if he doesn't play him?"

"Why doesn't he play Schlupp up front?"

"When's Wasyl going to play?"

"Stick Hammond in holding mid, we need one"

"Give the academy boys a go"

He's doing all of them. It's not the league and we need to blood them sometime and this is a good opportunity to see if they cut it against a Championship side almost playing their first team.

The forum had exactly the same conversation last season and look what happened then.

I'd field a strong side and keep winning personally. Like I said last season.

How does the defence look solid?

We've got a youngster, a debutant, a loanee and a player desperately short of matches!

Moore - Arguably been the best player in our defence so far this season.

Wasyl - 60 caps for Poland.

Miquel - Played well so far for us and clearly talented player.

Bakayogo - Get to see more of him, arguably the only 1 you could say isn't solid.

The forum had exactly the same conversation last season and look what happened then.

I'd field a strong side and keep winning personally. Like I said last season.

So you saw us losing to Burton 4-2?  That was freak result.  We did have a pretty good record after that loss.  Could argue it was the kick in the bum we needed to not be complacent. I'd hardly call this a weak team and the Burton team wasn't that weak either.  We just effed it up.

Leicester: Schmeichel, De Laet, St. Ledger, Konchesky, Whitbread, Danns, James, Gallagher (Futacs 56), Knockaert (King 73), Schlupp (Nugent 65), Waghorn

So you saw us losing to Burton 4-2? That was freak result. We did have a pretty good record after that loss. Could argue it was the kick in the bum we needed to not be complacent. I'd hardly call this a weak team and the Burton team wasn't that weak either. We just effed it up.

Leicester: Schmeichel, De Laet, St. Ledger, Konchesky, Whitbread, Danns, James, Gallagher (Futacs 56), Knockaert (King 73), Schlupp (Nugent 65), Waghorn

It's the principle we disagree over. Personally I have pride in the cup competitions. I was brought up during years we did very well in the League Cup. Winning breeds confidence etc.

Last season's 'tinkering' in the cups was cited as a possible reason for the decline.

Again, I'd start a strong side, take the competition seriously, win and win well and look forward to the 4th round.

not that i wanna be a kill joy, but are we gonna win the cup, no, were only after a big draw to improve the balance sheet!

Wasn't it Bradford who made the final last season?

If they can, so can we.

Have a little optimism. We are a decent side who could go on a decent run in this competition.

I didn't like how Pearson effectively gave the cups away with a whimper last season and I hope we don't do that again tonight.

In fact, Pearson's apparent disrespect of the cup competitions is one of my biggest dislikes of him.

Archived