Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Home V Huddersfield 19/10/13 Man of the Match

Get Voting  

77 members have voted

1. 1. MOM

• Kasper
    • Moore
    • Wasi
    • Morgan
    • Konch
    • Knocky
    • King
    • Drinky
    • Dyer
    • Vardy
    • Nuge
    • James
    • Hammond
    • Schlupp

On the basis that it was his first 90 minutes for us in a league match, I gave it to Wasyl. I felt he commanded the defence more than Morgan.

Also, I rarely rate our CMs. They never stand out for me when I watch a game.

A very difficult choice but in the end I voted for Jamie Vardy. Of course,Kasper's performance was outstanding. I would rate four of his saves as world class and two of them eclipsed Gordon Banks' save from Pele. Then Danny D! On part of my train journey to Leicester, I was talking with a Man Utd fan. 'What's Drinkwater like?'he asked. 'He's our engine!' I replied. Well, he was totally that on Saturday. What a pity he didn't connect with that cross in the dying seconds of added time!

And so,why Jamie Vardy? 1. For his energy over 94 minutes. He chased everything - nothing was a lost cause. 2. His brilliant goal - I've been crying out for us to score from direct open play. Our approach play this season is what we love to see - attractive and exciting - until we get to the final pass / cross when it goes haywire! Saturday was no exception apart from Jamie's goal which he hit first time and gave their keeper no chance. 3 For his strength of character throughout the game. He was fouled, pushed, tripped and more as the Huddersfield adopted more and more crude ways of trying to stop him but he just got up, shook himself and got on with the game. 4. We know Danny and Kasper are good but Jamie is showing us the reasons why a shrewd Nigel Pearson brought him from non-league Fleetwood to the KP.

It was a hell of a leap and last season he had to take a lot of stick from those fans who demand instant success, but this season,he is getting better and better.

Archived