Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterlad96

Problems football has caused you?

I've got an argument coming. She wants to go on holiday over the period of last game of the season, which happens to be my birthday.

The wench usually starts off leaving me to it on match days, but when Stringer has told you that Nugent/Vardy/Kasper is in and 'should score', you start to get a little frustrated when they don't, you know?

I'm also convinced that downstairs nearly rung the police to report a domestic when we played Watford in the playoffs lol

Tell her now its not happening. There's plenty of other time to go away.

We've only been abroad during summer holidays or October international breaks for football reasons.

My love of football caused the end of a 6 year relationship with my ex. She wasn't happy that I went to the Euro's last summer. She wanted a holiday but I prioritised football instead. I did try to comprimise and say we could go on holiday after but she didn't believe me!

It wasn't just the fact I went, it was the fact I spent months on end saving and constantly talking about it, that she believed I was obsessed about football and didn't care about her. Well anyway I went, loved it and came back to find my bags packed. Do I regret it? NOOOOOO! Best experience of my life and would do it a million times over. I am a young lad who wanted to make the most of the opportunity I had.

Lads, it is simple, buy her a calendar for Christmas, mark in it all the important games, you have the advantage of knowing the dates of football matches further in advance than her plans, so just book them in, say I'm busy these days/weekends, the rest of the time I'm yours. 

The other thing is compromise, football isn't the be all and end all, it is a fun distraction from real life, but your bird, your family, they are real life just remember that.

Lads, it is simple, buy her a calendar for Christmas, mark in it all the important games, you have the advantage of knowing the dates of football matches further in advance than her plans, so just book them in, say I'm busy these days/weekends, the rest of the time I'm yours.

The other thing is compromise, football isn't the be all and end all, it is a fun distraction from real life, but your bird, your family, they are real life just remember that.

Is it just me or does the second paragraph contradict the first? lol

Bull shit football is everything ;)

Is it just me or does the second paragraph contradict the first? lol

Subtle differences, first ensure that she doesn't plan things for important/unmissable games, but compromise on Barnsley away, or the League Cup second round, otherwise you will be monopolising every weekend and piss her off.

Subtle differences, first ensure that she doesn't plan things for important/unmissable games, but compromise on Barnsley away, or the League Cup second round, otherwise you will be monopolising every weekend and piss her off.

Ah I see

Depends how important you can make Barnsley away sound. Using their lack of knowledge on the matter really means the ball is in your court lol

Was going out with my Mrs 2 months, when I took her to Port Vale away on Valentines day. The away end was an open end and it was raining.

This totally put her off football but she acknowledges my love of it.

She has never stood in my way of football (including following England away).

I have taken our two lads down City, so she has Saturday afternoons free.

Get a Mrs that hates football but loves you, that way they don't get in the way of football.

I used to take my gf, to filbert st when we 1st met, infact she was a bit of a lucky charm, she never saw us lose there. Anyway, I somehow managed to book a trip to euro disney for her (no idea why she wanted to go there, but he ho) over the Leicester v Forest game at the Walkers when tommy wright scored and we won 1-0.

that night as we sat having a nice meal in planet hollywood, I was more interested in my phone and getting up dates from the game than her. That night she accepted that if she wanted to be with me she had to accept the football was always going to be there.

We got married 6 years ago, on a Friday to avoid a clash with the opening home game of the season!!! Good girl, she knows I love her but she also knows her place.

to the OP in writing it makes you sound a bit of a ****, but I suppose if she won't accept football then you're better of without her, plus, Forest and 2 play-off games, it's not like it was port vale away on a tuesday night, in the 1st round of the cup or something.

Not being funny but women who like football are normally idiots or just doing it because there bloke does. **** that!

Gonna disagree on behalf of the missus here, and she probably knows more about the game than you do.

Gonna disagree on behalf of the missus here, and she probably knows more about the game than you do.

Have to agree with Bert. My misses goes football and has been doing before I met her. Knows a lot about the sport too.

Unless they're moved for Sky :whistle:

I knew a female Chelsea fan who was adamant that Aston Villa were a London club. Then again, I met a chap in a kebab shop who claimed to be Spurs fan and refused to believe that Gary Lineker had played for Spurs, to the point where it almost came to violence. The moral of the story is, male or female, there are some ****ing idiots about and gender doesn't really come into it.

Archived