Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterlad96

Problems football has caused you?

Today my mrs ended it with me as I forgot about our 2 year anniversary and booked Watford tickets, you may think oh that's not that bad but it's not the first time it's happened, earlier this year I refused to go to her birthday meal with her family as it was forest away, she then re-arranged it just for me but the silly cow put it on the away leg of the play offs so I was left with no choice but to tell her to give up with the bastard meal. So it got me wandering what have you sacrificed in your life to go to the football?

Money and my mood.

Then again I've got nothing better to spend my money on and my mood is rarely great anyway.

You shouldn't really sacrifice things for the football, you should do it because it's the best thing to do with your time and you enjoy it. If other things are more important to you than the football, fvck the football off now and again.

Fortunately/unfortunately I haven't found any yet :D

Money and my mood.

Then again I've got nothing better to spend my money on and my mood is rarely great anyway.

You shouldn't really sacrifice things for the football, you should do it because it's the best thing to do with your time and you enjoy it. If other things are more important to you than the football, fvck the football off now and again.

Fortunately/unfortunately I haven't found any yet :D

Nothing is more important that football to me, literally saved my life!

Today my mrs ended it with me as I forgot about our 2 year anniversary and booked Watford tickets, you may think oh that's not that bad but it's not the first time it's happened, earlier this year I refused to go to her birthday meal with her family as it was forest away, she then re-arranged it just for me but the silly cow put it on the away leg of the play offs so I was left with no choice but to tell her to give up with the bastard meal. So it got me wandering what have you sacrificed in your life to go to the football?

if a girl dont like football she is a girl not worth having..

Affects my mood a lot, but I tend to just go quiet now rather than angry. Feel sorry for the sods that have to deal with me at work after Tuesday night defeats.  lol

Obviously can drain money (mainly aways) but I wouldn't say it's a problem because it's not too bad that it makes me struggle or anything.

Always used to make me laugh when an announcement would come over the loudspeaker during a game at Filbert Street.

"Congratulations to Mr Smith - your wife has just given birth to a baby boy".........& a cheer would go up

I can remember one announcement once that said 'could mr smith make his way to the Royal after the game has your wife has gone into labour.' Unfortunately due to mobile phones you don't get those announcements now, I've only heard one at the KP, however when my mrs was pregnant with my three I told her to ring the club rather than my mobile but she had them on non footballing days.

Taking my wife to watch Leicester at Sheff Wed on a cold December Saturday about 5 season's ago. The game was rubbish, she was frozen and constantly asked who was winning. After 15 minutes she asked if it was nearly over. When I suggested she started jumping around and join in with singing to keep warm she gave a look of utter disgust. Needless to say this was her first and last game.

Ha there isn't much that comes in front of football for me. My families health is one though I've never been put in the situation where ive had to miss a match for that.

My missis suffers big time at the hands of football she really does. She absolutely despises it because of me! I've had to duck out of family meals etc though for the football. It really winds my grandma up but I guarentee she'd not do something instead of going to church on a Sunday morning.

I too laid the law down with her at the start of us getting together. Though I dont think either of us thought I'd be as bad as I am.

Hull at home last season was an extremely tricky situation for me which I managed to somehow get out of. To be fair to her I only think she started to realise what football does to us when she saw my mates nervous faces at 7am on the day of forest away in May. She even text me right at the end of the game saying congratulations baby Leicester are in the playoffs!

She doesn't even know what the playoffs are.

Normally I'd probably say you were a little stupid regarding your refusal OP, but Forest and Watford last season? I'd have probably done the same.

Like Simmo the OH knows and has always known. I missed both away games over Xmas last season so we could go to her parents but this season we're at home so we can't be there on the 26th and 29th like we were.

I don't mind sacrificing an ('unimportant') away game and have done several because it's saving money for me and I'm really not fussed, but home games have to happen. I can't miss a home match and she knows that. Luckily football is planned way ahead so the weekends and midweeks are known well in advance. Unlike others though she does enjoy coming to the football on the odd occasion she comes! No holidays can occur over the football season too, there's a window between WC 2014 end and the 2014/15 season opening for that!

For me it's the difficulty of non-football people to appreciate my enjoyment of it, so when it's explained away that Ian's not coming because Leicester are playing people will think that's a silly reason not to be there; when I'm thinking it's a silly reason to miss the football about their event.

I've got an argument coming. She wants to go on holiday over the period of last game of the season, which happens to be my birthday.

The wench usually starts off leaving me to it on match days, but when Stringer has told you that Nugent/Vardy/Kasper is in and 'should score', you start to get a little frustrated when they don't, you know?

I'm also convinced that downstairs nearly rung the police to report a domestic when we played Watford in the playoffs lol

Archived