Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth Post Match Thread 2-1

Bet on Vardy 1st scorer, Leicester to win 2-1, if only it was the other way round with scorers! Grrrrr!! lol

Played ok, again not brilliant but not bad, we won and that's what counts though.

No one was outstanding I'd say and I think we ride our luck at times, again it's one of those games that we'd have drawn in the past and at about 60 minutes I looked at the clock and thought we were going to draw I couldn't see us scoring a winner but a few minutes later we did and a great goal it was from Vardy, a goal he would not have scored last season!

Drinkwater continues to impress and improve.

On to the next one!

I had Nugent 2-1.

Never been so happy to see Jeff and Lloyd miss those chances at the end!

Also on a side note - nothing to do with the match as such, but what happened with Schlupp's missus?

I got in the car just as RL were saying she was off to hospital and Schlupp ran into the stands to her.

She is pregnant. So I reckon something to do with that.

Edit - just asked the question and she'd fainted. Hope she's ok.

Keep it simple, an exciting game and a professional performance but we're certainly missing too many chances! Nugent's goal was fantastic let alone he had a bad tummy, Vardy once again was on fire and he actually scored! great to see both strikers on the score sheet also Chris Wood's appearance was certainly something to watch, of course set up Vardy's goal but also caused Bournemouth some problems. Knocky had a good game and was unlucky not to have grabbed one. To be honest all our attackers had a good game, even Schlupp caused a few problems.

Defending was a huge improvement from last week.

Only concern is once again we're not scoring as many as we should at the moment the goal difference isn't good enough.

Man Of the Match: Vardy for me

Really enjoyed that game today. Less goals in it than I thought there'd be but plenty of chances made.

I thought Lloyd Dyer was sensational today and their left back must have wondered where his arse was. Time after time, Dyer went past him with such ease.

Wasilewski looked as good with the ball as he does without it, Drinky ran the midfield and Vardy's work rate was second to none.

The goal was about one thing... Pace. That was simply the type of goal that Fryatt, for example, would not have scored. He had no right to get to Wood's lobbed pass, but was SO quick that he made it.

All in all an enjoyable game. They were better than I thought they'd be too. They countered very quickly and looked dangerous coming forward.

Jack Collison must wonder where he goes from here though. From a regular Hammers starter to Bournemouth (though only on loan I assume) is a biggish drop.

lol Spot on Col.

Really enjoyed that game today. Less goals in it than I thought there'd be but plenty of chances made.

I thought Lloyd Dyer was sensational today and their left back must have wondered where his arse was. Time after time, Dyer went past him with such ease.

Wasilewski looked as good with the ball as he does without it, Drinky ran the midfield and Vardy's work rate was second to none.

The goal was about one thing... Pace. That was simply the type of goal that Fryatt, for example, would not have scored. He had no right to get to Wood's lobbed pass, but was SO quick that he made it.

All in all an enjoyable game. They were better than I thought they'd be too. They countered very quickly and looked dangerous coming forward.

Jack Collison must wonder where he goes from here though. From a regular Hammers starter to Bournemouth (though only on loan I assume) is a biggish drop.

Eddie Howe is a very good manager

What a horrible day to sit on SK1 Row Q. Guy behind me wouldn't stop chanting his lads name who was a ball boy just below. Whilst banging on the chair next to me.

We established in the first minute he was one of your own, you don't need to chant it every second.

Did we start playing hoof? Or as we would with Nuge on the pitch?

To be fair wood strength is with the ball at his feet, and we didn't hoof it up to him, which is probably why he played well.

I have said it before we seem to go long with wood, but we seemed to play it forward the same way we would if it was nugent up top.

Archived