Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth Post Match Thread 2-1

Aye we certainly do Look automatic promotion contenders last season we failed to strengthen in January barring Wood and I think that was one of the factors that cost us whether we could attract prem players in January is another question but we must strengthen the team come January if we are in the top 3

Aye we certainly do Look automatic promotion contenders last season we failed to strengthen in January barring Wood and I think that was one of the factors that cost us whether we could attract prem players in January is another question but we must strengthen the team come January if we are in the top 3

Would like to see another wide player brought in. Beyond Knockaert and Dyer there isn't much. We never really replaced Marshall.

Deserved win. Kasper never troubled, bar long range efforts. Attacked with pace and power but we need to start taking our chances.

Drinkwater class once more.

Another poor ref though. Got some big decisions wrong.

Agree with this.

Drinkwater was pure quality today again, won everything, tidy, read the game well and drove the midfield. 

Ref HAD to send Ward off when he kicked the ball away in the first half but bottled it. 

Would like to see another wide player brought in. Beyond Knockaert and Dyer there isn't much. We never really replaced Marshall.

To be fair, I love dyers commitment to the club, and his pace is an asset, but he's getting worse and won't last the season.

We need someone to replace him out wide left, somebody who has an end product.

Like I say think the bloke is great, but we need to close out games, and the chances he wastes may cost us in certain games, and dyer on the bench is a good option to have.

Another really enjoyable game. Thought we would actually lose 1-2 today so I'm pleasantly surprised. 

Bournemouth looked good going forward but defensively were very weak. Shame we couldn't get more than 2 goals but never felt like the result was in danger in the final minutes. 

Doncaster aside, we've been very impressive in the last run of games. Will be interesting to see how we're doing after playing Watford and Forest. 

Another game we should have won by more goals. We are so wasteful it's unreal.

We started well but I thought we were in trouble after 50-odd minutes as they seemed to be snuffing us out and we couldn't  find enough space. I really wanted Knockers to move into the centre because the middle of the park was just fullof Bournemouth players.

After that though we got a grip of the game and really went at them.We dominated and a goal always looked likely. Wood coming on was a crucial moment though, I thought that was one of his best all round displays since he's been here. His great work led to our second goal but I was sure the goalkeeper was just going to run out and claim it. Bizarrely, he didn't, and Vardy tok advantage well.

Dyer continues to frustrate despite having an effective game. Drinkwater has put a few good performances in a row together which is nice to see and Tony K always looked dangerous.

The Bournemouth goal was just one of those lovely strikes that teams always seem to score against us, but that will happen if we give them space to shoot at the edge of the box. I thought we learnt our lesson second half though and barely gave them a sniff at goal, though they did get in the box towards the end which was worrying.

It was a good all round performance and an entertaining match. I'd like to see not too many changes for the Fulham game, it's the last 16 and the way we are going we could give them a good test. We'll have to be more clinical against sides of that quality though.

Tough matches coming up for us in Watford and Forest (hahahaha) but we've got ourselves into a good position in the league now, so bring em on.

Really enjoyed that game today. Less goals in it than I thought there'd be but plenty of chances made.

I thought Lloyd Dyer was sensational today and their left back must have wondered where his arse was. Time after time, Dyer went past him with such ease.

Wasilewski looked as good with the ball as he does without it, Drinky ran the midfield and Vardy's work rate was second to none.

The goal was about one thing... Pace. That was simply the type of goal that Fryatt, for example, would not have scored. He had no right to get to Wood's lobbed pass, but was SO quick that he made it.

All in all an enjoyable game. They were better than I thought they'd be too. They countered very quickly and looked dangerous coming forward.

Jack Collison must wonder where he goes from here though. From a regular Hammers starter to Bournemouth (though only on loan I assume) is a biggish drop.

Spot on Col

I really enjoyed that game, as you said Bournemouth made it a good game aswell. Again as I thought it was a tight score line

Bet on Vardy 1st scorer, Leicester to win 2-1, if only it was the other way round with scorers! Grrrrr!! lol

Played ok, again not brilliant but not bad, we won and that's what counts though.

No one was outstanding I'd say and I think we ride our luck at times, again it's one of those games that we'd have drawn in the past and at about 60 minutes I looked at the clock and thought we were going to draw I couldn't see us scoring a winner but a few minutes later we did and a great goal it was from Vardy, a goal he would not have scored last season!

Drinkwater continues to impress and improve.

On to the next one!

My first game this season, so nice to get a win. Enjoyable to watch, think we were unlucky not to get more (Vardy blocked a shot on the line.) First look at Wasilewski and I was impressed by his positioning, his cool under pressure and some fantastic long passes. Knocky was here, there and everywhere, but sometimes bit off too much. Vardy likewise, but with less of the trying to beat 4 players with triple flicks and back-heels. Drinky was picking passes like daisies and Lloyd was finding space and running at defenders like it was going out of fashion. Special mention for Wood, who created the second goal, worn the ball up front and held it up well.

Good team effort. Heard on RL that we should have had a penalty, but I've no idea what for. Can't remember any players calling for one much. Ward should have been sent off earlier though.

Pleased to win, but 10 man Bournmouth!  We should have buried them. Just getting results is fine, but we need to start playing well, as a unit.

We did play well as a unit - you're doing Bournemouth a diservice.

Pleased to win, but 10 man Bournmouth! We should have buried them. Just getting results is fine, but we need to start playing well, as a unit.

Bournmouth have done well this season, we dominated and were in front when they went down to 10 anyway...

Pleased to win, but 10 man Bournmouth!  We should have buried them. Just getting results is fine, but we need to start playing well, as a unit.

We did play well, we're just wasteful in front of goal. Not sure what game you were watching.  We hardly ground the result out by the skin of our teeth.

Archived