Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth Post Match Thread 2-1

7th consecutive home win, 2nd place and a decent performance. Got some challenging fixtures coming up with Fulham, Watford and Forest though. Got to stay solid and push on from here.

Really enjoyed that game today. Less goals in it than I thought there'd be but plenty of chances made.

I thought Lloyd Dyer was sensational today and their left back must have wondered where his arse was. Time after time, Dyer went past him with such ease.

Wasilewski looked as good with the ball as he does without it, Drinky ran the midfield and Vardy's work rate was second to none.

The goal was about one thing... Pace. That was simply the type of goal that Fryatt, for example, would not have scored. He had no right to get to Wood's lobbed pass, but was SO quick that he made it.

All in all an enjoyable game. They were better than I thought they'd be too. They countered very quickly and looked dangerous coming forward.

Jack Collison must wonder where he goes from here though. From a regular Hammers starter to Bournemouth (though only on loan I assume) is a biggish drop.

Deserved win. Kasper never troubled, bar long range efforts. Attacked with pace and power but we need to start taking our chances.

Drinkwater class once more.

Another poor ref though. Got some big decisions wrong.

Fantastic intensity throughout the game from the lads today.

Yep 2-1 and a win is a great result, but when we play like that, fans easily expect more, we created a lot of chances today and could of had 5 or 6. 

But there's loads of positives again to take away from this result, Morgan and Wasilewski were outstanding, both were absolute beasts today. Drinkwater is back in form, and controlled the midfield from start to finish, some great passes from him. Dyer was a constant threat all game, while Vardy put in another hard working performance and got another goal. Chris Wood was outstanding when he came on as well, it was obvious from today, that he likes the ball at his feet, he tried to get it down as much as possible, and of course it worked by setting up Vardy's goal, with a great assist. 

Very good team performance, could do nothing about their goal, great strike from Pugh.

Can only be happy again, well done Leicester  :D

Credit to Bournemouth for coming and having a go rather than just sitting back, but we were just too potent for them despite wasting a lot of chances to put the game out of sight.

Dyer was superb as was Drinkwater and Vardy.

At the back we still look brittle since De Laet got injured and I hope the new back 4 gel in time for sterner tests down the line.

Bournemouth are a well organised side and should avoid a relegation battle this term.

With the added experience our squad looks every bit the top 2 contenders over the whole season rather than just part of it.

Archived