Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Isle of Wight Fox 86

LCFC vs Fulham

MON had a mid-table Prem side much too good to go down and barely good enough to challenge the big boys when Wembley was any good. Come on now the situations are completely different.

Are you for real or on a wind up? What a joke of a post. The beginning of that season we were odds on for relegation. We finished consistantly in the top half of the Prem much to the annoyance of the so called glamour teams and beat the big boys when needed. This, with the likes of Spencer Prior, Jamie Lawrence, Graham Fenton, Neal Lewis in the side or on the bench. None of these players were established Premier league stars so please get your facts right before you post such tripe.

Please do not belittle the efforts of that amazing team and team spirit nothing equalled ever since.

Pick the strongest team. What a kop-out "resting" people is. We've "rested" people in the recent past and shot all the rhythm out of our performances.

Players shouldn't need a rest and when those players are second in the league they won't want one. In fact if I'd helped my team to second in the table I'd be well cheesed off to lose my place for the cup games.

I've no sympathy concerning the fringe players. It's up to them to keep themselves fit and take their chances if and when they come. I saw quite enough of "fringe" players against Burton Albion last season and they blew it big time.

Right now it's a bit of a privilege to wear the city shirt (a far cry from the Kaebi days when even Jobber could have worn the shirt if he'd gathered enough pals to shout for him) and that's how it should be.

When the team starts losing is the time to make unforced changes. Not now - not when the current team has made a habit of winning at home - the sort of habit we've been desperate for despite their not playing especially well.

Many have said it's a results business we're in and, in accepting that, it's our strongest team that's most likely to get the "result" we'd all like against Fuham and, with it, the outside chance of actually winning something of significance again or at least doing enough to get noticed.

And if we don't care about winning - as illustrated by the piss-take against Burton - the club should say so and save everyone the cost of forking out for tickets.

Can't really argue with that but I still want to see James get a game as he was just starting to play well when he was undeservedly sent off and Nuge may need a rest as he may be a bit drained from his stomach bug.

Can't really argue with that but I still want to see James get a game as he was just starting to play well when he was undeservedly sent off and Nuge may need a rest as he may be a bit drained from his stomach bug.

I'm not so sure. Maintaining pretty much the same XI for as long as possible throughout the season can lead to fatigue, I don't care what anyone says. When it does kick in, it can be hard to overcome it because the fresh players are unable to make an impact because they've not played much themselves. The modern game is all about using your squad to it's maximum effect and I believe our downfall last season was the fact we lost momentum due to tiredness from our key players like Nugent, Drinkwater, De Laet and Konchesky. Many people believe it was because Pearson made 5 or 6 changes against Huddersfield in the replay and we never recovered but if anybody can remember the Wolves performance on Sky when we scraped a 2-1 win should point out we rode our luck massively and looked completely spent. The same happened away at Peterborough, where we were pretty much in control for an hour or so and then we looked knackered and they equalised and then got the winner. Obviously this happened in February and not October but i've no problem with making a few changes, i'd have done so in the league as well.

Dean Hammond hasn't come here to permanently sit on the bench, he's 30 and his experience at this level is excellent. To get the best out of him though we need him to be match fit so that when he is called upon he can come in and do what we desperately need which is see a game out and not get over ran. By him playng a good 60-70 minutes tonight will help him and us immensly and Matty James has been unlucky to not see much league football either. He was our best midfielder for the final 20 games last year and until he got a run of games he was looked upon as suspect, therefore i'd be inclined to get some minutes in to him to keep him tivking over otherwise when we need him he could be out of sorts again.

Chris Wood badly needs some football too, ourfront two are going about their business ok at the minute but they aren't without fault and we will need more than them two during the season. Our £2 million man deserves a chance and if he wades in with a goal or two then it gives Pearson more options in the run of tough games we have coming up. That is the main issue, we've some very tough games coming up and if we're naive to think we won't have any problems then we don't deserve any success. We've played some dog muck teams so far this season and only just done enough to win, we must remain alert and not get complacent otherwise this start will have been for nothing.

I'd go wingbacks so we can get 3 in the middle and give Fulham are right go.

Schmeichel

Wasyl

Morgan

Miquel

Moore

Hammond

James

Drinkwater

Schlupp

Vardy

Wood

Are you for real or on a wind up? What a joke of a post. The beginning of that season we were odds on for relegation. We finished consistantly in the top half of the Prem much to the annoyance of the so called glamour teams and beat the big boys when needed. This, with the likes of Spencer Prior, Jamie Lawrence, Graham Fenton, Neal Lewis in the side or on the bench. None of these players were established Premier league stars so please get your facts right before you post such tripe.

Please do not belittle the efforts of that amazing team and team spirit nothing equalled ever since.

if people watched the video I put up v Wimbledon it was mentioned about us being favourites to go down.Surprised not one person commented on it,I know I was there and older than most,but that was one of my best days as a city fan.Mainly as everyone had written us off in everything and we proved them all wrong and we knew it.Listen to us on that vid,makes me laugh when people go on about L1 v kop,i love a good atmosphere and I don't know what has changed but I'm afraid we probably won't replicate those days again.Not being smug as I was lucky to be around then,just saying!

Pearson needs to play wood and gtf as we haven't seen enough of them in recent weeks. I would imagine maybe he will look to learn something from us playing fulham, not sure what he will go for formation wise 4-3-3 or 4-4-2? I think we will give fulham a good game and think we are more than capable of causing a shock.

Actually buzzing for tonight. Most excited ive been about a game since the playoffs. Think we have a really good chance of winning and showcasing what we are capable of. Hope Nigel plays a strong team. We are in the last 16 fgs. Bring on the quarter finals.

This is an opportunity. Change a number of players, and probably the system. 5-3-2, or 4-3-3 would be best. Rest Dyer and maybe Knocky plus two or three others. Substitutions can still be made in the second half. I would expect to see Wood, Hammond, James and Miquel all start, maybe Taylor-Fletcher and Schlupp as well.

I do want us to win, and those players would all be keen to do well.

Furthermore if we continue our run in this cup, and get one or two games on the telly against top opposition it would be great for our income in the January window. That was an opportunity Pearson badly missed last season.

Actually buzzing for tonight. Most excited ive been about a game since the playoffs. Think we have a really good chance of winning and showcasing what we are capable of. Hope Nigel plays a strong team. We are in the last 16 fgs. Bring on the quarter finals.

Me too. Hope we aren't too reserved in style of play either. We've got pace and players that can do a bit of damage - hope we press high and go at them.

Sing your hearts out for the lads!

This is an opportunity. Change a number of players, and probably the system. 5-3-2, or 4-3-3 would be best. Rest Dyer and maybe Knocky plus two or three others. Substitutions can still be made in the second half. I would expect to see Wood, Hammond, James and Miquel all start, maybe Taylor-Fletcher and Schlupp as well.

I do want us to win, and those players would all be keen to do well.

Furthermore if we continue our run in this cup, and get one or two games on the telly against top opposition it would be great for our income in the January window. That was an opportunity Pearson badly missed last season.

Look what happened when we did this against Derby. It went tits up until Knocky, Nugent and Dyer came on. We need to start taking this opportunity seriously. We are in the last 16 playing premier league opposition. Play a full team and progress.

We do need to make changes at some point, we can't keep playing the same eleven every match. James and Hammond are very capable replacements, Wood is a fine striker when in form, it's not a weakened side as our subs could easily play in the first team and contribute.

And there are no guarantees keeping the same side as Saturday would bring a good performance.

Look what happened when we did this against Derby. It went tits up until Knocky, Nugent and Dyer came on. We need to start taking this opportunity seriously. We are in the last 16 playing premier league opposition. Play a full team and progress.

Do you mean Derby away? We were in total control until Pearson brought Dyer on for the last 20 minutes and started playing 4-4-2 instead of the 4-3-3 which was working well. Still amazed we didn't drop two points and could have lost the match. Derby overran us at the end of that game.

Do you mean Derby away? We were in total control until Pearson brought Dyer on for the last 20 minutes and started playing 4-4-2 instead of the 4-3-3 which was working well. Still amazed we didn't drop two points and could have lost the match. Derby overran us at the end of that game.

No Derby at home in the cup.

I'm not so sure. Maintaining pretty much the same XI for as long as possible throughout the season can lead to fatigue, I don't care what anyone says. When it does kick in, it can be hard to overcome it because the fresh players are unable to make an impact because they've not played much themselves. The modern game is all about using your squad to it's maximum effect and I believe our downfall last season was the fact we lost momentum due to tiredness from our key players like Nugent, Drinkwater, De Laet and Konchesky. Many people believe it was because Pearson made 5 or 6 changes against Huddersfield in the replay and we never recovered but if anybody can remember the Wolves performance on Sky when we scraped a 2-1 win should point out we rode our luck massively and looked completely spent. The same happened away at Peterborough, where we were pretty much in control for an hour or so and then we looked knackered and they equalised and then got the winner. Obviously this happened in February and not October but i've no problem with making a few changes, i'd have done so in the league as well.

Dean Hammond hasn't come here to permanently sit on the bench, he's 30 and his experience at this level is excellent. To get the best out of him though we need him to be match fit so that when he is called upon he can come in and do what we desperately need which is see a game out and not get over ran. By him playng a good 60-70 minutes tonight will help him and us immensly and Matty James has been unlucky to not see much league football either. He was our best midfielder for the final 20 games last year and until he got a run of games he was looked upon as suspect, therefore i'd be inclined to get some minutes in to him to keep him tivking over otherwise when we need him he could be out of sorts again.

Chris Wood badly needs some football too, ourfront two are going about their business ok at the minute but they aren't without fault and we will need more than them two during the season. Our £2 million man deserves a chance and if he wades in with a goal or two then it gives Pearson more options in the run of tough games we have coming up. That is the main issue, we've some very tough games coming up and if we're naive to think we won't have any problems then we don't deserve any success. We've played some dog muck teams so far this season and only just done enough to win, we must remain alert and not get complacent otherwise this start will have been for nothing.

I'd go wingbacks so we can get 3 in the middle and give Fulham are right go.

Schmeichel

Wasyl

Morgan

Miquel

Moore

Hammond

James

Drinkwater

Schlupp

Vardy

Wood

I suppose it really depends on what attitude Pearson is taking towards the game. If he really wants to win then he'll play as close to our strongest 11 as possible but there are a couple of players who really need a game, the obvious ones being James and Wood.

If he takes the attitude that he wants to win but isn't that bothered he'll probably make a few more changes to give Hammond, Miquel, Schlupp & GTF a game.

If the likes of Gallagher, Logan and Bakayogo are playing as well, you needn't have bothered turning up.

Archived