Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Isle of Wight Fox 86

LCFC vs Fulham

Hello,

Another great win and 3 points on the board today. I was just wondering what people's opinions will be for Tuesday night? Just watching the match tonight and it seems if we press high up, don't give Fulham time on the ball, we could get a win.

Just hopefully Martin Jol doesn't get the sack. I was just wondering what people's opinions are who do go to games, as I don't get to go to many due to my location

It's the old problem for me, do we rest some of the first 11, as a few looked leggy towards the end today.

It's a hard one because for me the league is top priority for me, but we don't want to stop the run of good results by changing it to much.

I think Pearson will have a look on Monday and if some are to fatigued he will rest some, and to be fair it will give the likes of Hammond and wood a chance to stake a claim for a starting spot in the league.

But in Fulham I have just watched them and thought they looked toothless, but we can't take away the are in the premier league, but I would hold no fear of them, and get at them from the start.

I also think they will put out a full strength side out, in an attempt to get them scoring and get there confidence up, by beating a lesser team, but they just might get a shock.

Wonder if Jol will make wholesale changes to prevent a confidence affecting loss and leave a potential excuse. Think their first XI is too good for us if it performs to its full potential, but we go into the game with nothing to lose.

They had something like 30% possession and managed 0 shots on target (Saints had 20 shots) today.

If that Fulham away turn up we could be in the next round :fc:

They are a good team with a few very good players mind, and if they go full strength even a few having off days would still be too much for us I fear. Palace are essentially a Championship team in all but name and Fulham dealt with them without even playing particularly well the other day. 

Team sheet wise will be interesting, i don't think there will be massive changes just a couple or three at most will be rested.

This is what i expect, but i'm not sure if i'd be happy with this.

GK: Kasper

RB: Moore

CB: Morgan

CB: Wasileswki

LB: Konchesky

CM: Hammond

CM: Drinkwater

RW: Knockaert

LW: Dyer

CF: Wood

CF: Schlupp

BENCH: Logan, Miquel, James, St Ledger, Taylor-Fletcher, Hopper & Gallagher.

King, Vardy & Nugent will be rested.

Schmeichel

Moore  Wasyl/Miquel  Morgan  Konch

Knockaert  James Drinkwater  Schlupp

Vardy  Wood

Either way, we have 4 very good central midfield options with great variety. Would love to see what James can do again after he pretty much saved our season single handedly last season when he came back from injury. 

Archived