Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Isle of Wight Fox 86

LCFC vs Fulham

Hello,

Another great win and 3 points on the board today. I was just wondering what people's opinions will be for Tuesday night? Just watching the match tonight and it seems if we press high up, don't give Fulham time on the ball, we could get a win.

Just hopefully Martin Jol doesn't get the sack. I was just wondering what people's opinions are who do go to games, as I don't get to go to many due to my location

I like your avatar.

Wonder if Jol will make wholesale changes to prevent a confidence affecting loss and leave a potential excuse. Think their first XI is too good for us if it performs to its full potential, but we go into the game with nothing to lose.

It will be interesting to see the selections of both managers. But if you were Jol, and you thought your job was on the line, what team would you pick !? I know what I'd go for !

We've not beaten Fulham over 90 minutes in our last 8 attempts - a run stretching back to our 1-0 win over them in April 1983. Ian Wilson the scorer that day.

In our last two meetings they've dumped us out the Cup twice in the last minute, both at their place.

We did, however, beat them on penalties the year we beat Tranmere in the Worthington Cup Final.

Fulham were woeful this weekend, but I suspect they'll relish a chance of distraction, and playing an 'inferior' CCC club to put things right. They have some talent, but seemingly are toothless upfront at the minute. The fight will be in the midfield, so let's hope our lads are up for it.

We MUST make a couple of changes as I worry this first XI will run out of steam again like last year. Wood deserves a start as does James/Hammond.

Kasper

Wasyl

Morgan

Miquel

Moore

James

Drinkwater

Hammond

Schlupp

Wood

Vardy

Subs: Taylor-Fletcher, Nugent, King, Logan, Bakayogo, Knockaert, Dyer

Looking forward to this, Fulham sounded awful on the radio yesterday so hope that will continue.

Keep Vardy playing, he's starting to hit form, Wood deserves a go for his display, Hammond and James to come in along with Schlupp.

I reckon they will put out first team,if they win they are through to quarter final and let's face it they aren 't going to get a look in with any other trophies.We need to rough them up a bit,players like Berbatov won't like it and they could well bottle it.

Archived