Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stud2012

How many points would see us go up?

Looking over the last 10 years the 2 highest points totals for automatic promotion have been 90(Sheff utd 05-06) And 91 (West Brom 09-10)

So going by that if we got 92 points that should be enough for promotion.

We currently have 32 so need another 60 points from 32 games(less than 2 points a game)

We are currently well ahead of that so at the min it looks good!But with QPR and Burnley going at the same rate it could take more points than in previous years.

Play-offs 77 points should be enough so another 45 points from 32 games! Surely even we cant mess that up!

Either way we are looking good going on past years!

I have a real feeling this could be our year!

Forget how many points we need, that's getting a little ahead of ourselfs.

I have a better feeling this year, but anything can happen yet it's only November, and December is going to be a hard month.

Yes we can do what we did last season again, and at some point we will have a blip, it will just be how long it lasts for, will determine how we do.

The feeling around the club is good, but it's going to be hard to get out of this league, and I think there will be plenty of twists and turns before the season ends.

All that said we do look good and this could be the one, but as col said, one game at a time.

The big thing for me is will we get some additions in January to strengthen us for the second half of the season, as we have a small squad and quality additions could get us over the line.

Anyway let's hope this form continues for as long as possible.

Couldn't agree more i think it will be important to freshen things up in Jan with a couple of signings(In line with FFP) as it is a long season and the squad is still quite young and fatigue could set in playing so many games.It just feels different this time round,like we have a more settled side-squad and more options as far as formations go.I remember last year everyone saying we have no plan B now it seems like we have a plan A B C and D! So many formations we seem to be able to adapt to when we need to.The thing that stands out for me this season is we keep creating chances and i think our forward-line is more than capable of converting those chances.Wood,Nugent and Vardy look awesome this year and between them i think we have the fire-power to get us up.

Its important to just take every game slowly and complete it concisely.

I hope if we completely hashed December that our fans would stick behind the team and urge them on as opposed to the January-May 'fans' who surfaced.

Let's just take it one game at a time at this minute, I think Nige will be looking like this as well. We have some very difficult games approaching soon, and I'm including this Saturday in that.

Fair play, if we are in this position in March/April time then have a look, and I don't want to ruin it because I am enjoying it at the minute as well, but we're only in November. Hell of a lot of games, and possible points, yet.

Way too early for this. We haven't had our run of bad form yet. The real test will be when/if we've lost 3 on the bounce and how quick we can drag ourselves out of it.

We seem to just be focused on our next game at the moment and I hope that continues. 2nd in the league and in to the quarter finals is fantastic though

Ugh. Do we need a thread like this every time we go on a good run of form?

I'm sure you'll say you're just saying but let's face it you wouldn't be saying it if we'd just lost to Watford.

Who gives a fvck how many points we need, the fact is if we do go up we won't know until April or May how many points we need. Up until we went down we all thought 50 points would be enough to stay up. If I remember rightly 52 wasn't even enough last season.

Why do you need to think that far ahead? It's pointless. You'd think you'd learn something from last season.

We need to wait until the new year at least before considering such issues. With games against "better" coming up fast and furious who knows how it will pan out. Hopefully we might be allowed to play abit and pick up some more results like last weekend. Let's just enjoy the moment and back the team as it been a long while since we went into games without self doubt and trepidation. Things are going well at the moment, Babs is back and Col is cracking jokes, as we all know it's a long hard season and with our club it's never a easy ride.

Its important to just take every game slowly and complete it concisely.

I hope if we completely hashed December that our fans would stick behind the team and urge them on as opposed to the January-May 'fans' who surfaced.

I would hope so too, it was only when it was shit or bust time that the fans finally rallied behind the team and sparked the upturn in performance near the end. It's only my opinion but I don't think that run would have lasted very long if the fans had been right behind the team instead of booing and slagging them off. Although still nervous about the wheels falling off again, the fans in general are in a much better mood than last season, are now more supportive and the team does seem much stronger this season so when we do hit the bad patch, it shouldn't be a long one.

Well, see... No disrespect to the original poster, but weren't there similar voices heard on here last season at around this time? Just because we're doing great at the moment doesn't mean we'll stay in one of the two automatic promotion spots in the weeks and months to come.

I find it premature to start working on this kind of statistics already.

This division is just so unpredictable - One bad month and suddenly, we're out of contention, slipping outside the playoff places, only to regain a Top Six spot towards the very end.

I'm very happy with where we are at the moment and I don't want to jinx it.

We're a bunch of superstitious buggers lol On a serious note I'd much rather see a thread like this than sack NP etc. We've all got to be delighted with the start and things are looking good, not just results. Firmly believe in one game at a time, however I don't see the point in lambasting someone for being positive and getting a little excited. COYB :chant:

Well, see... No disrespect to the original poster, but weren't there similar voices heard on here last season at around this time? Just because we're doing great at the moment doesn't mean we'll stay in one of the two automatic promotion spots in the weeks and months to come.

I find it premature to start working on this kind of statistics already.

This division is just so unpredictable - One bad month and suddenly, we're out of contention, slipping outside the playoff places, only to regain a Top Six spot towards the very end.

I'm very happy with where we are at the moment and I don't want to jinx it.

Well, that just says everything about my view too.

Let's keep our feet on the ground.

Way too early for this. We haven't had our run of bad form yet. The real test will be when/if we've lost 3 on the bounce and how quick we can drag ourselves out of it.

We seem to just be focused on our next game at the moment and I hope that continues. 2nd in the league and in to the quarter finals is fantastic though

ABSOLUTELY THIS!

QPR have just had a little wobble, then bounced straight back.

The teams that go up this season will do exactly the same. The achievers will be those who lose/draw, then get straight back into it and start their next winning run.

We must not do what we did last season... Start to struggle, let our heads drop and lose confidence.

We will lose games... The key will then be the mental strength to bounce straight back.

We've had that so far. It must continue.

ABSOLUTELY THIS!

The teams that go up this season will do exactly the same. The achievers will be those who lose/draw, then get straight back into it and start their next winning run.

We must not do what we did last season... Start to struggle, let our heads drop and lose confidence.

We will lose games... The key will then be the mental strength to bounce straight back.

Spot on col

ABSOLUTELY THIS!

The players especially the younger ones must have learned a lot last season in that bad run and have already shown signs that they won't let that happen again.

This season feels special, but I agree lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet... but there is definalty a different feeling this year in my eyes.

Archived