Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Nigel Pearson Signings

So far in his Leicester career, Nigel Pearson has established himself as an astute eye in the transfer market,

Finding cheap players that have in all of his stints here been up to the job (Bar a few, but nobody can be perfect) been up to the job

Here is a rough list I've compiled of his signings, Some may have not been his I.e in the transition periods in both his takeovers, So please correct me if I am wrong!

I've not put season numbers but they are roughly in date order by seasons:

Wayne brown

Tom Kennedy

Aman Verma

Robbie Neilson

James Pearson

Mark Edworthy 

Jack hobbs - Quality for us 

Aleksander tunchev - Quality for us

Nicky Adams 

Bruno Berner - Great servant and was more than up to the job

Chris Powell - Great player for us and done well after his playing career

Lloyd dyer - A loyal servant and is currently in the form of his life, paid himself off a long time ago

Michael Morrison - Was Okay for me, good enough for league 1

Nobby Solano 

Paul Gallagher - Loyal player, Always there when needed, glimpses of quality, never made it for us.

Waghorn (Loan)

Rich Wellens - Good for a few seasons, very solid.

Dany Nguessan

Yann Kermogant

Astrit Ajdarevic

Chris weele - Was our number 1 and generally was very good for us

Wes Morgan - Lower premiership standard. NUFF SAID.

Ben Marshall - Had the world at his feet and for a season looked class

Danny Drinkwater - Been our best player for 3 months, Found his feet and could be anything

Connor clifford

Chris wood - Another player with a good record for us, Hot/cold but looks classy on his day

Anthony Knockaert - Not much to say, Too good for this league, Great signing

Zak Whitbread - Able in this league if he finds his feet and stays injury free

Marko Futacs

Matty james - Another young potential class act, Looks good, Very happy with him.

Ritchie De laet - With help could be a very good player for us, Miss him while hes out.

Jamie Vardy - Bad start but now he is firing on cylinders, Still think there is improvement there

Jacob blyth

Gary Taylor Fletcher - A wise old head who has not done much wrong, Clever signing

Marcin Wasilewski - Looks a monster

Dean Hammond - Although small appearances with little time on the clock, Looks solid

Zoumana Bakayogo 

His loans:

Tony Warner (Loan)

Mark Bunn(Loan)

David Stockdale (Loan)

Ignasi Miquel (Loan) - Looked solid when needed, good signing

Michael Keane (Loan) - Signing of the season last year for me, Classy, shame he's gone

Jesse Lingard (Loan) - Poor for us, but been good this season

Harry Kane (Loan)

Nathan Delfounso (Loan)

Ryan Mcgivern (Loan)

Tom Cleverley (Loan) - The jewel in pearsons crown, what a star he turned out to be.

David Martin (Loan)

Mark Bunn (Loan)

Kerrea Gilbert (Loan)

Mark Davies (Loan) - Ruined his career choosing bolton over us, remember Gary Lin watching him on his bolton debut saying he was easily premiership class 

James Vaughan (Loan) - Not fired for us, but moved on and looking dangerous

Jay spearing (Loan) - Should of signed him on a permanent.

Alex Bruce (Loan)

For the sake of opinions, I have Highlighted the players I think were VERY good business at the time, in the league we were in at that time, and the players who were good value for money.

And it's worth noting that some of the players who were deemed to have big potential in the game who did not play well for us, Have been playing well elsewhere!

Again If I have missed any drop a name in and I'll edit it with the player!

Opinions?

I think we have a manager that can improve (As can anyone) but is showing loyalty to us, and seems to be working hard to improve his management (Tactics as an example)

He also happens to be VERY well connected and has an Eye for a young hungry player!

Well done Nigel, 

Hats off to you,

Hope we give you a new contract, and a pay rise.

Wellens never played in league 1 for us.

Waghorn was signed permanently by Sousa (mainly Milan's decision allegedly), only loaned here by Nige. Also Wellens didn't play for us in league 1.

Aman Verma

Tony Warner

Richie Wellens didn't play for us in league one. His first season for us though back in the championship he was quality.

James Pearson

Peltier was Sven.

Most of his signings have been class and the ones that haven't very quickly see the door and haven't cost much anyway.

All Edited, Not sure why I thought wellens was league 1 season!

Seen too many names haha

Neilson was definitely a Pearson signing, joined after we got promoted from L1 to replace Gilbert. Didn't cut it under Pearson, so Morrison played most of the season at RB. Here is the proof: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/8062606.stm

I think Wayne Brown was vital to our play-off campaign that season, and was absolutely immense. However, his political opinions and subsequent fall-out were the reason we failed to get promoted; with him and Hobbs as the settled partnership, as it had been all season, there is no way we would have lost to Cardiff.

Bloody hell, majority of his loan signings were shit.

And god knows why you highlighted Cleverley, he was nothing special for us, had the odd stand out game, but nothing compared to past loan signings like Naughton, Davies, Yakubu etc...

I stand corrected, what a terrible signing. It's interesting looking through all of those players and the promise and excitement some of them brought. I remember thinking Nicky Adams and Michael Morrison were pretty good for us, what ever happened to Astrit and Aman? 

Bloody hell, majority of his loan signings were shit.

And god knows why you highlighted Cleverley, he was nothing special for us, had the odd stand out game, but nothing compared to past loan signings like Naughton, Davies, Yakubu etc...

I agree that he was not a superstar, but nigel spotted him, Take the good points from everything, we have a very astute manager with a good eye.

P.s personally I rated clev highly, Was probably at the time the whole Man utd youngster thing that captured me rather than his outstanding performances, but he turned out a quality player

Spearing on perm? nah you're alright.

At the time yes. not now, He ruined his career signing for bolton.

When he was with us he looked quite good, and had so much to offer if treated right.

Very much like mark davies.

On another note, It's easy to look at players now and underrate them,

For example if you look at nolberto solano you automatically think, Was good, past his best.

But at the time he was very solid for us, and a very clever signing, Pearson deserves a lot of credit, 

For me the idea of having him in the premiership is nothing but a joy to think about, if he can sign some quality on the cheap/Hungry players who can somehow keep us up, he will keep the longterm survival of our club on track, I Think pearson is the man to take us forward.

I stand corrected, what a terrible signing. It's interesting looking through all of those players and the promise and excitement some of them brought. I remember thinking Nicky Adams and Michael Morrison were pretty good for us, what ever happened to Astrit and Aman?

Verma is at Stockport, played in Malta for a few months until his girlfriend had a baby.

Right, so Tom Cleverley who was a bit part player towards the end of the season in our League One campaign is highlighted denoting he was superb business, yet Kerrea Gilbert (who was here on loan, not permanently) who, despite spiralling down the divisions since his loan with us, managed to rack up 30+ games and looked solid as a rock for the majority doesn't warrant being an astute deal? 

Surprised at how bad Kerrea Gilbert has fallen off.

I'll always remember that long ball he launched up to fryatt, Absolutely peach perfect, bounced once, Keeper rushed out, Fryatt headed it over the keeper then finished. 

I always thought kerrea had a touch of class.

I was wrong haha

Archived