Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Nigel Pearson Signings

Right, so Tom Cleverley who was a bit part player towards the end of the season in our League One campaign is highlighted denoting he was superb business, yet Kerrea Gilbert (who was here on loan, not permanently) who, despite spiralling down the divisions since his loan with us, managed to rack up 30+ games and looked solid as a rock for the majority doesn't warrant being an astute deal? 

thought I had highlighted him :) As stated in another post I rated him,

However he has gone downhill since aswell, I wanted us to sign him.

And cleverly was a good player when he was at us IMO

Michael Morrison was good for us. Reliable player and versatile too. He also chipped in with a goal or two from set pieces.

It's astonishing to see how terrible Gilbert's career has gone downhill.

Most of Pearson signings have been good, a few have been below par but at least they were moved on fairly quickly

I preferred Morrison to Jack Hobbs.

Morrison struggled a few times, but especially when we reverted him to right-back, he was incredibly solid. 

I agree that he was not a superstar, but nigel spotted him, Take the good points from everything, we have a very astute manager with a good eye.

P.s personally I rated clev highly, Was probably at the time the whole Man utd youngster thing that captured me rather than his outstanding performances, but he turned out a quality player

Has he turned out to be a quality player though?

Manchester United fans don't really want him in their starting line up, & England fans say he isn't good enough in an England shirt, and I agree.

His best spell came at Watford, he was nothing special at Leicester, our central midfielders were good enough at that time, so much we played Cleverley at right-back. 

Our best loan signings, came under Sven unfortunately, the best loan signing by Pearson was that of Mark Davies. 

I preferred Morrison to Jack Hobbs.

Morrison struggled a few times, but especially when we reverted him to right-back, he was incredibly solid. 

Has he turned out to be a quality player though?

Manchester United fans don't really want him in their starting line up, & England fans say he isn't good enough in an England shirt, and I agree.

His best spell came at Watford, he was nothing special at Leicester, our central midfielders were good enough at that time, so much we played Cleverley at right-back. 

Our best loan signings, came under Sven unfortunately, the best loan signing by Pearson was that of Mark Davies. 

Well, He's playing for united, And I would say personally that david moyes and sir alex ferguson have a better judgement than the fans on the situation....

He would walk into almost any team in the top division, and you would have to sell the rights to half our stadium to buy him off united.

Same could of been said about darren fletcher a few years back. 

all I am saying is almost 55 appearances for england/man utd speak volumes....

Everyone rated heskey, If I could go back in time and choose heskey in his primce or cleverley in his prime, It would be clev all over.

Well, He's playing for united, And I would say personally that david moyes and sir alex ferguson have a better judgement than the fans on the situation....

He would walk into almost any team in the top division, and you would have to sell the rights to half our stadium to buy him off united.

Everyone rated heskey, If I could go back in time and choose heskey in his primce or cleverley in his prime, It would be clev all over.

Why on earth are you comparing Heskey to Cleverly? 

What does Cleverley do though?

Even Man Utd fans have said that question time and time over. I actually don't think he would walk into most teams in the top division, but that's my personal opinion. 

Darren Fletcher hasn't been fit though for a long time, if he regains fitness, he could easily push Cleverley out of Manchester United's squad of 18, and become a very good player again.

Why on earth are you comparing Heskey to Cleverly? 

It was more of a comparison to the fans of leicester over the past 15 years, 

Fans rated heskey as quality, but do not rate tom cleverly playing for arguably one of the best teams in the world  :thumbup:

Both at leicester at a young age, but the former got more praise at the same stages of their careers

What does Cleverley do though?

Even Man Utd fans have said that question time and time over. I actually don't think he would walk into most teams in the top division, but that's my personal opinion. 

Darren Fletcher hasn't been fit though for a long time, if he regains fitness, he could easily push Cleverley out of Manchester United's squad of 18, and become a very good player again.

Agree, When i mentioned fletcher I meant he was doubted season after season and fans wanted his head, but he turned out to be one of their best players! 

David moyes and alex ferguson gave him chances so he must be showing something,

Like fletcher I think he could potentiall turn it around

Michael Morrison was excellent for us in both the League One season an our play-off season back up in the Championship the season after. Think people are underrated his time here under Pearson.

Never convinced me in the middle but he was a quality right back.

It was more of a comparison to the fans of leicester over the past 15 years, 

Fans rated heskey as quality, but do not rate tom cleverly playing for arguably one of the best teams in the world  :thumbup:

Both at leicester at a young age, but the former got more praise at the same stages of their careers

He is out of his depth at Man Utd though Lee.

If Moyes had a brain, he would of brought someone like Herrera, Ozil or Khedira instead of just Fellaini. 

As years progress, Man Utd will more than likely add to their squad, and if Cleverley doesn't improve, then he will get pushed down the Man Utd pecking order, and more than likely a loan move of some sort will happen. 

We've seen with Aaron Ramsey at Arsenal though, didn't look particularly great a couple season's back, and seemed out of his depth, now he has turned into one of the most in form players in the Prem, and one of the most improved. Cleverley could do a Ramsey, or he could simply not improve fall down the Man Utd pecking order, and the rest will speak for itself when time comes. 

If Moyes had a brain, he would of brought someone like Herrera, Ozil or Khedira instead of just Fellaini. 

As years progress, Man Utd will more than likely add to their squad, and if Cleverley doesn't improve, then he will get pushed down the Man Utd pecking order, and more than likely a loan move of some sort will happen. 

We've seen with Aaron Ramsey at Arsenal though, didn't look particularly great a couple season's back, and seemed out of his depth, now he has turned into one of the most in form players in the Prem, and one of the most improved. Cleverley could do a Ramsey, or he could simply not improve fall down the Man Utd pecking order, and the rest will speak for itself when time comes. 

I am sure we will both remember this in 6 years, When cleverley is either at burton albion or united haha 

I assume he tried. All players probably turned him down bar Ozil where Moyes came in too late.

Kerrea Gilbert was quality for us yet can't find a club anymore. On FM he's blue square north/south standard

I'm surprised by his drastic demise. He was never gonna make it at Arsenal, but I thought he was a good Championship standard right back.

I stand corrected, what a terrible signing. It's interesting looking through all of those players and the promise and excitement some of them brought. I remember thinking Nicky Adams and Michael Morrison were pretty good for us, what ever happened to Astrit and Aman?

Astrit Ajdarević is doing well, playing for Standard Leige in Belgium.

Archived