Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Forest Ticket Update - 16/01/14 - NOW SOLD OUT

Two adult available - face value 

On holiday for the new date weds 19th, 

one thing is the tickets need to be collected in Rugby, unfortunately not making the game at KP stadium on Sat either, 

if any one wants the two tickets and can collect them from rugby, or I am at the KP on Sunday could meet there.

message me and i will give you my mobile number to discuss over the phone,

first come first serve unfortunately, 

i will be returning tickets on sunday if i have no response 

thanks 

Tom

"Nottingham Forest issued the maximum possible allocation available to visiting clubs and all 2,002 tickets issued have now been sold to Foxes fans. 

While the Club appreciate that demand is high for this fixture, there is no possibility of securing any further tickets"

I find that very frustrating to read

Just to wade into the whole priority fair/not fair debate,  I wanted to add my point of view. I think it's perfectly fair and reasonable that those who attend more away games more regularly should get a priority over those who want to pick and choose. What I will say though is that for any new ST holders this season, it has become harder and harder to get anywhere near to a higher priority as the tickets are not reaching general sale as often as they used to.

Just to wade into the whole priority fair/not fair debate,  I wanted to add my point of view. I think it's perfectly fair and reasonable that those who attend more away games more regularly should get a priority over those who want to pick and choose. What I will say though is that for any new ST holders this season, it has become harder and harder to get anywhere near to a higher priority as the tickets are not reaching general sale as often as they used to.

This is a valid point I think. I'm in favour of the principle of the system but it can entrench the higher priority STHs and make it harder for others to work their way up the ladder. Demand is always going to be high in a season like this one, combine that with a series of small allocations and it makes it difficult for some people to pick up points. Definitely have some sympathy for people in this situation.

Rubbish can you not work your way up, Forest and Bournemouth are the only games which haven't made it to a point which is accessible to all

This.

Quite amusing that a fair proportion of people only complain about priority when we are doing well. Success ey.

This.

Quite amusing that a fair proportion of people only complain about priority when we are doing well. Success ey.

Agreed.  In a typical championship season with Leicester, I would estimate that at least 20 out of 23 away games make general sale so it's complete rubbish that you can't 'work your way up the ladder'. 

You could've bought a season ticket this season and gone to 14 away games without any issue, probably guaranteeing you a ticket to any away game next season. 

But you didn't - others did so they get ahead of you.  Deal with it. 

On average I do 9 or 10 aways a season but I'm not a Season Ticket Holder.  I have no grounds for complaint when I can't get hold of a ticket, I knew the rules and I chose not to get one.

I have a bit more sympathy for a mad keen Liverpool or Man Utd fan who goes to every game that they can but can never get hold of an away ticket because they hadn't been to 15 away games the previous season (and this is for a bog standard away game).  

I really wanted to go to this game. This STH credit scheme is an absolute insult to anyone who doesn't have enough credits or isn't a STH.

Also I have to blame the people that work at Forest in relation to their sales business. Why only sell 2,000 tickets for a game that isn't just a local derby, it could potentially have a bearing on Forest's and our promotion chances.

I had no chance in buying the tickets during the time they were for sale whatsoever. Disgraceful.

It is not an insult if you are a season ticket holder and you go to the majority of away games - it recognises your support and rewards you with a priority option when tickets are short in supply as they are for this one.

If our success is not maintained then your concerns surrounding supply of match day tickets will no longer be an issue

Two adult available - face value 

On holiday for the new date weds 19th, 

one thing is the tickets need to be collected in Rugby, unfortunately not making the game at KP stadium on Sat either, 

if any one wants the two tickets and can collect them from rugby, or I am at the KP on Sunday could meet there.

message me and i will give you my mobile number to discuss over the phone,

first come first serve unfortunately, 

i will be returning tickets on sunday if i have no response 

thanks 

Tom

I've PM'ed you mate

It's not an easy one to sort out with so few tickets but cant see a system any better than the one we have now, it's a case of supporters who go to the most away games get the first pickings on the tickets

Some clubs have ballots of away members but not sure about that one

This is a valid point I think. I'm in favour of the principle of the system but it can entrench the higher priority STHs and make it harder for others to work their way up the ladder. Demand is always going to be high in a season like this one, combine that with a series of small allocations and it makes it difficult for some people to pick up points. Definitely have some sympathy for people in this situation.

Whilst i understand were you are coming from.

Isn't it like most things in life. There is a pecking order.

In had my 1st season ticket at 14. Paid for by relatives.

Since then every pound I have ploughed into lcfc in the last 19 years has been out my own pocket.

Including working summer jobs for 50 quid a week for 6 weeks just to pay adult prices to get in sk1 at filbo.

I have worked my way up.

Thats just the way it is.

Plus bar the last week. Qpr must be the only game this season that a ticket was hard to come by.

Fword and watford last year like wise.

People moaning about priority because they missed out on tickets? Bet they weren't moaning for Wycombe and Yeovil on a Tuesday night. The priority system is there for a reason, and ultimately works fine (when the club decide to implement it properly). 

I know if I was in this situation (I have tickets fortunately), then I would be negotiating tickets in the home end. The redshite won't sell out their home end and there will be plenty of empty seats next to our end. Fill em up!

Agreed.  In a typical championship season with Leicester, I would estimate that at least 20 out of 23 away games make general sale so it's complete rubbish that you can't 'work your way up the ladder'. 

You could've bought a season ticket this season and gone to 14 away games without any issue, probably guaranteeing you a ticket to any away game next season. 

But you didn't - others did so they get ahead of you.  Deal with it. 

On average I do 9 or 10 aways a season but I'm not a Season Ticket Holder.  I have no grounds for complaint when I can't get hold of a ticket, I knew the rules and I chose not to get one.

I have a bit more sympathy for a mad keen Liverpool or Man Utd fan who goes to every game that they can but can never get hold of an away ticket because they hadn't been to 15 away games the previous season (and this is for a bog standard away game).  

I'm in this position, can't commit to season ticket but went to 16 away games last season, if I had one I would be guaranteed tickets for 'big' fixtures!  It does sometimes feel like a kick in the teeth though, especially as out of those 16 games last season i only witnessed 3 wins (one of which was Torquay).

Similarly this season been to less aways due to birth of son but still enough for high priority on a season tkt.

But as the post above states, the rules are the rules, you know what they are therefore you can like it, lump it or choose to opt out of the whole thing all together if you do not agree with them

Archived