Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

FTL. Almost constantly. I'm going to get all those ships, but the Slug ship is proving tricky, not least cos it's hard to get the Mantis ship (which is one way to unlock it) to defeat the mothership. Easy to get to the mothership, but the mothership has good defence againt what the Mantis are good at - BOARDING!

Just finished Hohokum and the Swapper - both good and tricky indie titles.

Now on to the AC Unity DLC and clean up on LittleBigPlanet 3 before The Order 1886 arrives.

The AC Unity DLC is ok, nothing spectacular.  I reckon you could clear the lot in about 7 hours - if you're in to collecting everything.  It took me about that long.

The story is still a disappointment.  Real shame imo because Arno as a character is one of my favourites with Ezio - I didn't like Connor or Kenway that much.

Back to Alien Isolation for me.  Although being out of practice I have died 3 times and have got nowhere.  lol

The Order 1886 looks impressive but the gameplay is being criticised early on.  I can't find it for less than £49 - too steep imo for an unknown entity.  How much did you pre-order it for Dennis?

I'm going to hold out for Project CARS and Bloodborne next month.  :thumbup:

Edited by Legend_in_blue

The AC Unity DLC is ok, nothing spectacular.  I reckon you could clear the lot in about 7 hours - if you're in to collecting everything.  It took me about that long.

The story is still a disappointment.  Real shame imo because Arno as a character is one of my favourites with Ezio - I didn't like Connor or Kenway that much.

Back to Alien Isolation for me.  Although being out of practice I have died 3 times and have got nowhere.  lol

The Order 1886 looks impressive but the gameplay is being criticised early on.  I can't find it for less than £49 - too steep imo for an unknown entity.  How much did you pre-order it for Dennis?

I'm going to hold out for Project CARS and Bloodborne next month.  :thumbup:

I take it you've sold your xbox and can't play Rogue?

Shay Cormack is suprisigly a very engaging character, although I can't agree with you on Edward Kenway very well writtem, Connor I agree is terrible.

I take it you've sold your xbox and can't play Rogue?

Shay Cormack is suprisigly a very engaging character, although I can't agree with you on Edward Kenway very well writtem, Connor I agree is terrible.

I still have the 360 but the dvd drive is shot.  Any tips for repairing it on the cheap?  Apparently all my discs are scratched and unreadable.  :rolleyes:

GTAV killed it.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

I still have the 360 but the dvd drive is shot.  Any tips for repairing it on the cheap?  Apparently all my discs are scratched and unreadable.  :rolleyes:

GTAV killed it.

Ha no if your drives gone more than likely needs physically repairing, mine went was the laser I just got a new xbox, Rogue is on sale digitally atm but I wouldn't recommend it at £33 which apparently is 33% off lol. Funny as pre owned on Amazon it was £15.

New Xbox's are only £40 but if your getting it for one game which to tbh is good but basically Black flag.5 with last gen graphics prolly not worth it. 

Currently playing The Last Of Us remastered on PS4.. Only played about an hour & apart from the utter dumb partner AI (getting in your way, etc, etc) it seems like I'm going to love this game

GTAV killed it.

I had disc read problems with my 360 that got worse and worse, it wouldn't even spin up the disc most of the time, just kept saying "Open Tray" at the main menu.

Apparently the laser goes out of alignment - I managed to partially fix mine by opening up the 360, taking apart the DVD drive and adjust the two screws on the back of the laser (took a bit of trial and error as I didn't have all the right tools). I would recommend reading up on it first though, as apparently increasing/decreasing the resistance with the laser too much can kill it all together, or make it so it damages discs. 

I've just completed ICO, managed to gather all the trophies including the Platinum. The hardest one was to beat the game in under 2 hours, so I had to breeze through the story without making any mistakes. I needed 3 playthroughs to achieve all of the trophies.

I've picked up Alien Isolation again and am nearing the end of mission 10 - playing through on hard difficulty.

It's not hard to see why PC Gamer awarded this title game of the year.

Through the sound surround system the game is absolutely immense.  It's better than Dead Space for atmosphere and on reflection that's a tough call to make but it's true.

Best survival horror game I've ever played.

Had a crack on that IDARB thing - not quite as bad as I thought it'd be though I doubt I'd play it again. The Rage Quitter screen did make me laugh though, my first match I was getting pasted then the other player went AWOL - naturally I took advantage and managed to claw back the lead. When he started playing again he went nuts for a few seconds after realising what happened then left the game. Some incredibly easy achievements to be had too

Also started playing on Halo Collection. Played the first mission of Halo 1 Remaster… much more repetitive than I remembered. Then had a go on the Halo 3 multiplayer - it wasn't a Halo 3 map, it looked worse than Halo 3 on the 360 (think N64 but upscaled) and I was up against a clan of pros. Got 10 deaths, ZERO kills but I still got the achievement for killing a developer. What a load of rubbish. Really enjoyed Halo 3 when I first got my 360, can't see me playing it again

Titanfall is class though, I seem to enjoy it more every time I play it. It's like COD but without any of the stress or the racist children singing. And with massive robots. What's not to love

Has anybody ever played the Europa games? Keep trying to get into it but I turn it on and the whole screen just overwhelms me. I loved civ 5 but thats basically like playing with megablocks compared to this game O_o

Also been playing geometry wars 3...such a hard game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody ever played the Europa games? Keep trying to get into it but I turn it on and the whole screen just overwhelms me. I loved civ 5 but thats basically like playing with megablocks compared to this game O_o

Also been playing geometry wars 3...such a hard game. 

I gave Crusader Kings 2 a go a few months back, even after watching a load of tutorials I couldn't get into it.