Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Skyrim with about ten billion mods.

Bethesda fans on consoles really do get mugged.

Not going to get on to the whole hardware argument but modding communities like those for Fallout and Skyrim really do add about fifty odd times the content and playtime of the game and massively ramp up the value for money.

Sadly my laptop is no longer good enough to get away with playing all of the huge 2k+ texture packs on ultra, some of them look absolutely incredible though.

Going to need to save for a new rig in time for Fallout me thinks.

Skyrim with about ten billion mods.

Bethesda fans on consoles really do get mugged.

Not going to get on to the whole hardware argument but modding communities like those for Fallout and Skyrim really do add about fifty odd times the content and playtime of the game and massively ramp up the value for money.

Sadly my laptop is no longer good enough to get away with playing all of the huge 2k+ texture packs on ultra, some of them look absolutely incredible though.

Going to need to save for a new rig in time for Fallout me thinks.

For me, it takes months to get see about half of the original content packed into the game due to lack of time, and I prefer to see the the world how it was intended by the developers as opposed to one littered with modifications, and by the time I've done that I'm pretty fed up of the game. So it's not something that ever really bothered me. Not to say I can't see the appeal if that's what you are into.

The key is just to be selective with what you download. There's obviously a lot of crap glitchy mods, mods that just make everyone naked, add ridiculous anime hair and mortal kombat style armour that totally ruin the world.

But some of the extra content, immersive armour and weapon mods, etc, are utterly brilliant.

One guy's content mod was so good it got him a job in the industry on its merit alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Are the plus games out today?

I started downloading it yesterday lunch time so when I got home from work it was ready. It seemed I did the right thing as PS network died all afternoon/night. 

Rocket League is worth a download though, I played for nearly 3 hours solid without even realising. 

Don't know a single person who has managed to get a game on Rocket League today, servers just don't work. And to think it's basically just an online game. PSN down again for hours yesterday. I swear the most disappointing thing moving from a 360 to a PS4 is realising just how utterly abysmal PSN actually is.I've had more issue with PSN in 6 months than I did in over 6 years of Gold. Tempted to just trade my PS4 in and get a Xbox One, just doesn't seem like Sony are interested in fixing their truly fvcking abysmal online.

Edited by Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

• 3 weeks later...