Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

The old ones are classic isometric games. After years of fan demand there's finally a few coming out in Kickstarter. Both fantasy and Sci fi.

I've backed / preordered Pillars of Eternity which is a spiritual successor (a proper one, none of this Dragon Age shit) to the Baldurs Gate series. Looks boss.

I ****ing love pc gaming.

I need to look this up. Baldur's Gate 2 is my favourite game of all time.

I need to look this up. Baldur's Gate 2 is my favourite game of all time.

Josh Sawyer is the lead Dev and it's got loads of the old infinity engine staff working on it.

Big emphasis on story and characterisation but they've shaved out the cheesy romances which I think is a good thing. Looking forward to it a lot.

I've got beta testing access but I've not had a chance to get on yet. Definitely is a must if you are a BG fan. More so than BG Enhanced, imo, as it's fresh and new.

There's also a spiritual successor to Planescape Torment on the cards by a group of friends / colleagues of the Pillars of Eternity lot but I've forgotten what that's called. Not backed that yet as I'm a bit skint.

If you've only played Fallout on a console, you've never played Fallout and your opinion is frankly void.

Fallout is a pc game. End of.

The mod community makes fallout. The modern, first person fallout games are so empty and soulless compared to the originals (pc games) that they need heavily modding to fill them out.

Would you be able to recommend the best mods for it please? Ill grab a copy and try "the proper" version.

If you've only played Fallout on a console, you've never played Fallout and your opinion is frankly void.

The mod community makes fallout. The modern, first person fallout games are so empty and soulless compared to the originals (pc games) that they need heavily modding to fill them out.

Cant agree with that. Ive spent 99% of my Fallout time on 360, putting in 150h+ on each game

Ive played the storylines, scoured the wastes and blown many, many things heads off; all that has more or less satisfied me all the way through, the only time Ive felt like modding it is when the storys done and you need to add some novelty.

You can still enjoy it on PC, Ive slapped a few mods onto NV on my new computer and its very good and I spose you can express how you want the game to be yourself as well as build the weapons, story and graphics up. But the core games are still very good

This whole notion around opinions being irrelevant, void, whatever is a load of nonsense. So now opinions are void if you haven't played a full version of a game, haven't splashed the cash on a game, and haven't bought the game on all the platforms possible.

These highly accurate opinionated people must be loaded and have far too much time on their hands...?

This whole notion around opinions being irrelevant, void, whatever is a load of nonsense. So now opinions are void if you haven't played a full version of a game, haven't splashed the cash on a game, and haven't bought the game on all the platforms possible.

These highly accurate opinionated people must be loaded and have far too much time on their hands...?

Hold the phone. I never said you should play the game on every platform. I said you should play it on the pc, because fallout is a series of pc games. Because PCs are better than consoles.

Incidentally, it's also cheaper on PC. PC games don't cost a bzillion pounds on release.

Talking of the early Fallout games any of you on PC got Wasteland 2? The original Wasteland is ancient (1988 if Wikipedia is anything to go by) and influenced the Fallout series, Wasteland 2 looks pretty good as well.

How do you get all these Fallout mods for free?

Ive downloaded two things off Nexus fine but now its saying I need to pay a subscription to downloand things over a certain size

You need to sign up to nexus and when you do it makes it very subtle actually getting a free membership.

It confused me at first but I think you just skip the phase asking you to sign up as a paid member.

I've never paid a penny to them and got shit loads of mods.

The millenia weapons mods are excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks alright. 

I'd buy it were it not for 1) I haven't got time to play the games I've got at the minute, had the PS4 a month now AC:BF isn't even out of cellophane Watch Dogs is just into Act II I've only managed half a season on FIFA on career and barely touched any other mode. Even Destiny which has been the game of choice has been somewhat neglected, behind most of my mates at Level 25. 2) The Evil Within is out next week and will probably be better.

Still got the God of War collection on PS3 to go through as well. 

It looks alright. 

I'd buy it were it not for 1) I haven't got time to play the games I've got at the minute, had the PS4 a month now AC:BF isn't even out of cellophane Watch Dogs is just into Act II I've only managed half a season on FIFA on career and barely touched any other mode. Even Destiny which has been the game of choice has been somewhat neglected, behind most of my mates at Level 25. 2) The Evil Within is out next week and will probably be better.

Still got the God of War collection on PS3 to go through as well. 

I would struggle where to start with all them games to choose from. Dont miss out on God of War though. God of War 3 is Epic

Football Manager 14. It's been a long time since I have been properly hooked on this game.

Playing as Atalanta in Serie A and now in the champions league after 2 seasons.

I probably should use my time to learn more Italian while I'm here...

Edited by Bergamo_Fox

• 2 weeks later...