Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Alright, I trust all of you - and the absolutely convincing Metacritic scores.

Ordered the first and second installment this morning.

Bit late now, but yes, I certainly would. Probably one of the better games I have played in a while, certainly doesn't feel "dated" at all.

Currently playing Fable Anniversary, and I must say I'm a little disappointed. I used to love the original, but I'm having terrible frame rate issues with this, which coupled with the poor camera control, makes for a frustrating experience. 

Edited by Charl91

I've joined the Dead Space love-in.

Gets you hooked from the very first time you set foot on the space station, sound effects and script are top-notch - there's so many surprise shock moments. Brilliant.

As for the graphics, it doesn't look or feel like a six-year old game.

I've joined the Dead Space love-in.

Gets you hooked from the very first time you set foot on the space station, sound effects and script are top-notch - there's so many surprise shock moments. Brilliant.

As for the graphics, it doesn't look or feel like a six-year old game.

I said you wouldn't be disappointed!  :)

If this sort of thing is your cup of tea, you must pick up Alien Isolation.  The atmosphere in both games is absolutely brilliant. 

I think Dead Space 2 just about shades the original though - freedom of movement is improved. 

Is there a new control system for Unity?

If so, what is it like?

Yes, the game feels a little different - can't quite figure out why just as yet.

When free running you can scale up, maintain level or scale down really quickly.  You can also glide under and over tables, crates etc. while free running both in the streets and through buildings.  Running in and out of buildings adds something else which will take a while to get used to imo.  So far when escaping I've just stuck to the streets.

There's also a sneak option - similar to Watchdogs and you can crouch behind things - I can't figure out the cornering though, doesn't seem as fluid as Watchdogs, which is strange.

The control system has been tweaked - scaling buildings feels more fluid in places as is climbing down off structures - that's the main difference.  Climbing back down is definitely easier and much quicker.  Having said that, there's still a few annoyances with scaling certain things and your character doing something you weren't expecting him to do - common to all AC games.

Early days but no bugs/glitches that I can see, and no noticeable slowdown.  The crowds are immense, so much going on.  The map of Paris is massive.  Absolutely huge.

Just downloaded Brothers In Arms: Earned in Blood. Played the first one about nine years ago when I was about 8 and Hell's Highway was one of the first PS3 games I played. Never managed to play Earned In Blood so should be a fun little play through. One of my favourite series for sure. 

I said you wouldn't be disappointed!  :)

If this sort of thing is your cup of tea, you must pick up Alien Isolation.  The atmosphere in both games is absolutely brilliant. 

I think Dead Space 2 just about shades the original though - freedom of movement is improved. 

lol

• Like 2

A little late on the love in, but I loved Dead Space. I was 15 when it came out and I started the first chapter at night by myself. It scared me so much that I could only play it in the daytime after that!

I have 1, 2 and 3 and the original is definitely the scariest and most atmospheric. 2 and 3 are still worth buying though.

Getting AC Unity today. I love AC.

Is there a new control system for Unity?

If so, what is it like?

Yeah there is.

It's got potential but still doesn't always result in Arno going where you want.

Freerunning with R2 and using X to jump up ledges etc is the same, but now if you're running and hold O he will descend strucures quickly and also vault over/slide under obstacles.

Still Destiny but the end game is in sight (For all the talk of it being a short game this is how long it's taken me to max out my character, 2 months) After Iron Banner at the weekend I've managed to buy all the gear I needed and was quite frustratingly never getting from the raid. So now it's just a case of leveling it all up which will be done by Weds latest I'd imagine. All that needs doing then is Hard Raid (well for two weeks at least) which will have to wait until we can get 6 good players on at the same time. So Watch Dogs might get a bit more of a look in, which I am surprisingly finding quite entertaining in Act 2 of the game about 33% overall.

Edited by Manwell Pablo