Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

first ever city game

My memories of my first game are a little vague. I'm almost certain we played Oxford Utd, it was 0-0 and I remember the chant of "what a load of rubbish" at the final whistle. I couldn't have been very old, 6, 7 or 8 probably so it must have been around '86-'88. Somehow though, no matter how boring the game was, I'd never even thought about football up to that point, I had no idea what was going on, I loved it and from that moment I was a Leicester fan. I signed up for this life time of ups and downs, highs and lows and I've never looked back

76 or 77 season can remember standing on the old paddock in front of the main stand with my dad aged 6 or 7.Remember the opposition played in white shirts with a diagonal stripe,so either crystal palace or man city....and thats about it.According to my dad i was to busy looking every where else but the game!

Guest CityFan 06

I do believe mine was in 2005/06 at the then Walkers Stadium. It was v Southampton and I think we won 3-2!

Barnsley at home - 2-2 draw - December 1995.

McGhee's last home game in charge.  Simon Grayson scored a late equaliser.

About 15,000 there that day, I was in the upper tier of the double decker, caught the bug and kept coming back.

Bolton in the League Cup in 1995 - Zeljko Kalac's (sp?) debut! 

Although can't remember much about it to be honest... just that he flapped at crosses and corners  A LOT! lol

That'd probably be Bloomfield's first season then, (71-72)....the atmosphere at the ManU game was manic.. Remember the Stoke game too, Lenny Glover scored a screamer that won us the game 2-1. I thought that was a month or two earlier though, so could THAT have been your first??

Was only 6 so thanks for that.

Blimey, I cant remember who we played but it was sometime in 1968 when I was about  6. It was night game and the thing that struck me was walking up the steps in the Kop with my dad and then seeing this amazing floodlit Green pitch (must have been early part of the season then!!)

All my vision of sport then be it Rugby, football or motorbike scrambling was

shades of grey then thanks to black and white TV

Bit of a shock then that it wasn't in  real life!!!

Some happy memories bunking off school later  early in the mid 70s to get the 1520 train to Leicester for the Wednesday night games meeting up with him at the Leicester Polytech with his students. Of course it was always the Kop end we stood

Sadly I lost my dad 2 years back but if he did one thing, he got me into the right way of thinking following the foxes. God I remember nearly being beaten by Letherhead on one occasion in the mid 70s on a cup game leatherhead who the !!! And then going home to watch it again on MOTD , still in black and white for us, we didn't get a colour TV till 76 and it took my dad all summer marking exams papers to pay for it!!

21st August 1976 home to Man City 2-2. Was 5 at the time and been hooked ever since. Live in Wales now, time and expense mean I don't get to more than 5/6 games a season now. Miss it bad. Still if I win the lottery that'll all change !!!

That's possibly my first game as well...see earlier in the thread!

21st August 1976 home to Man City 2-2. Was 5 at the time and been hooked ever since. Live in Wales now, time and expense mean I don't get to more than 5/6 games a season now. Miss it bad. Still if I win the lottery that'll all change !!!

And I thought I was the only Leicester fan in Wales. Aberystwyth is my neck of these particular woods, what's yours?

Archived