Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

How Will Anthony Knockaert Fare In The Premier League ?

He'll need a settling in period as will all of the players, which is why it's important to have some momentum going into the season. That should make the step up slightly more transitional.

As for Knockaert's ability he's certainly capable to do well and ready to try the step up. Think he'll be caught out defensively a few times - as much as though his defensive work has improved recently - but attacking wise he's a handful for any fullback.

Knocky will rip the shit out of most defenders in the Prem. Aside from the top 8, the majority of midfields and defences are bang average. Knocky will jizz everywhere.

Yeah right him against Zabeletta and the likes of Gael Clichy will have him for breakfast

Yeah right him against Zabeletta and the likes of Gael Clichy will have him for breakfast

Did you miss the part where he said "aside from the top 8"? I believe Man City qualify as a top 8 side.

ASIDE FROM THE TOP 8!!!!!!!

Did you miss the part where he said "aside from the top 8"? I believe Man City qualify as a top 8 side.

Meh.

Agreed fully. I'm surprised he's not even tried it.

Are we talking about Knocky or Atsu?

I am disappointed that NP hasn't used these dead rubber games to try a 4231 with Mahrez, Knocky, Dyer playing behind Nuge or Wood. 

I think that could be a good formation to play.

Problem is you then have to drop wood, nugent, or vardy... Nuge and vards are on such form how can you drop them? and when wood comes on he does little wrong and has impacted games everytime i've seen him this season....

then you've got the fact that realistically we are going to need to sign a better striker. It's mad really, as city fans for the past 10 years we've been calling for a top top quality striker, 2/3 come along together and we want to play 1 upfront ;)

I agree his pace is lacking however generally interested how his trickery will get on in the prem - cant think of too many players playing there now similar to him. He will have more time, better pitches and easier fouls to play for - will just have to adapt his game as am sure he will soon find out he wont be running by defenders. 

My issue I think with him will be toning down the ridiculous he attempts sometimes and using the ball wisely when we have it - which will be a lot less in the prem 

I don't see him able to command a regular first team place next season. What kind of "impact player" he will make is the 64 $ question, I can defiantly see him dribbling with the ball  way to much,  losing it in midfield, and it costing us a goal on the break. So he could end up being a complete liability. 

Winger who plays for Vitesse in the Dutch Prem.

What the fook has he gotta do with leicester and Tony K?

im abit confused!

Tony will rip the Prem a new anus.

Once again, just baffled that people can find fault with this chap's game.

Yes ocassionally he holds onto the ball a little too long but please for once can people look on the positives in his game! He is a matchwinner with a great attitude and is so young

I think Knocky has got away with a lot this season because he's been part of a successful side. In the Prem he would get hammered by the fans for conceding possession so much and for his terrible shooting. He's been living off that Huddersfield brace for too long now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pearson sign a replacement - in fact, he already has (Mahrez).

He seems a bright lad and so I'm hoping he realises that he needs to play very differently in the Prem. He's a superstar in the Championship, but in the Prem he's just an average wide player. So he needs to work hard over the Summer. He's got the potential to be a top Premiership player.

Knocky might be a good Prem player in two seasons, but if next season started tomorrow then it would be Dyer and Mahrez on the wings.

Mediocre. 

He ain't all that, he will have his good games, and his bad games.

Personally I wouldn't start him in the 11, play him against teams like Liverpool who press hard and press quick, he will be fooked. 

Problem is you then have to drop wood, nugent, or vardy... Nuge and vards are on such form how can you drop them? and when wood comes on he does little wrong and has impacted games everytime i've seen him this season....

then you've got the fact that realistically we are going to need to sign a better striker. It's mad really, as city fans for the past 10 years we've been calling for a top top quality striker, 2/3 come along together and we want to play 1 upfront ;)

Not saying we should play a 4231, but when we have a few games with nothing riding on it, and Vardy out, and Nugent and Wood struggling to find a partnership together, I thought it would be a great time to try 4231, we are going to have injuries next season, and games where we will struggle to score and need to try something different, we could even have Vardy playing wide as part of the 3 behind Wood.

Ultimately we are going to sign some more players and have to make some tough choices over who starts as we will have to leave out some quality (unless we sign really shit players) like we have been doing this season. If 4231 proves to be the most effective formation in the prem, then it doesn't matter who misses out, the team is bigger than any players.

Archived