Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Lloyd Dyer to Watford

From a financial point of view this is a good deal for Lloyd, it secures his future.

From a playing point of view, he'll get more game time at Watford next season.

From our sentimental point of view, WTF IS LLOYD DOING!?!?!?

Absolutely gutted but best of luck Lloydy! Can't blame him for taking 3 years.

Top 5 Lloyd moments:

1) Goal at Bolton to win the title

2) Goal at Hereford - absolute scenes after Howard hit the bar

3) Last minute winner at Huddersfield in League One after throwing away a two goal lead

4) Winner against Fulham in the Cup this year

5) Injury time equaliser against Bristol City after they scored with what they thought was the last kick of the game.

Honourable mentions go to terrorising Ipswich (RIP Bradley Orr), goals against Orient, Madrid, Man City and Bolton at home this year. Lloyd will always be a City legend in my eyes.

Great little summary and CV. That goal at Hereford was the moment I knew we were on the way back. One of my all time favourite City moments. Lloydy has been top quality for us since he signed, heart and soul. Really sad that he's going (no, genuinely sad and gutted that he's going), perhaps more so than any player leaving since Lineker. Will get a standing ovation from me if he ever plays at the KP again. Top bloke. Good luck Lloydy.

Guest MattP

If they genuinely give Dyer a three year deal at 32 you've go to laugh lol

It's like having a fit bird for 5-6 years, ragging her silly, ruining her then casting her off as you can get something better now.

Watford have become the bloke you snigger at who has taken her on 4 stone heavier with your kids.

Best of luck Lloyd, been a great servant.

It's like having a fit bird for 5-6 years, ragging her silly, ruining her then casting her off as you can get something better now.

Watford have become the bloke you snigger at who has taken her on 4 stone heavier with your kids.

Funny, funny stuff.

Absolutely gutted but best of luck Lloydy! Can't blame him for taking 3 years.

Top 5 Lloyd moments:

1) Goal at Bolton to win the title

2) Goal at Hereford - absolute scenes after Howard hit the bar

3) Last minute winner at Huddersfield in League One after throwing away a two goal lead

4) Winner against Fulham in the Cup this year

5) Injury time equaliser against Bristol City after they scored with what they thought was the last kick of the game.

Honourable mentions go to terrorising Ipswich (RIP Bradley Orr), goals against Orient, Madrid, Man City and Bolton at home this year. Lloyd will always be a City legend in my eyes.

After reading that....

crying-waterfalls.gif

Its clear he wants a longer contract to finish his career. Personally, I'd have given him two years to stay here. But I'm not running the club, so I trust its the right move.

I still believe that bringing him on after 60 mins to run at tiring defences would have picked us up some points. But there you go.

Good luck Lloyd and thank-you. You've always been one of my favourite players.

Gutted. Can understand wanting a longer contract but I don't see what he has to lose by signing for one year and having a season in the prem. I'm sure he'd still have a number of offers next summer and he may even have earned an extension.

Sentimental part if me is gutted that such a great servant won't get to represent us in the prem.

I think he didnt back himself to get in the team next season enough to earn another contract after with us. Mahrez coming in and taking his place probably helped make his mind up. Shame really as he could still have offered us something next season.

I think he didnt back himself to get in the team next season enough to earn another contract after with us. Mahrez coming in and taking his place probably helped make his mind up. Shame really as he could still have offered us something next season.

I suggest youre probably right. Dyer didnt think he was going to get a lot of game time, whereas he probably will elsewhere. Fair play to him.

I'm made up for him. He know's his game is based on pace and he's managed to get a 3 year contract out of them where we were only offering 1. Absolute role model professional and one of the greatest servants to our club in recent history. Wish him all the luck in the world. 

Would love it if lloyd stayed. Absolutely love him, but Its certain that we will be strengthening the squad in his area of the pitch.

Its important to remember that whenever we have played teams from higher leagues in the last few years Lloyd has been the one that has been able to step up and make a difference.

I cant believe how fast he is still, but cant hold out much hope for him skinning many in the prem.

He has earned a choice i reckon.

Of all our players Dyer has had pretty much the greatest success Vs Premier League sides.

Wouldn't be my first name on the teamsheet, but provides a real alternative to Knockaert's glacial speed & ability to lose shape & discipline should he get a mard on.

IMO Dyer is a worthy squad member and will be a great option to assist in changing our style off the bench.

Best of luck whatever happens Dyer, you were instrumental in our promotion with a great season when we needed it... And if it's true - congrats on the 3 year deal!

Shut up you insufferable moron.

If it's a choice between Knockers and Dyer I'd keep Knockers every day of the week.

I'm made up for him. He know's his game is based on pace and he's managed to get a 3 year contract out of them where we were only offering 1. Absolute role model professional and one of the greatest servants to our club in recent history. Wish him all the luck in the world. 

People might think that's a bit over the top but the way modern football is now, I'd have to agree with you. He had some pretty poor treatment by different managers and he still always wanted to fight and play for this club. Will miss the guy.

Nice guy

Archived