Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes1

Chelsea Away

It's easy saying "if people keep paying it, it will stay the same" but people are passionate and want to watch their football club so you'll never get 3000 fans boycotting it. The Premier League need to make a cap on it themselves. They are the organisation, the people that can influence it, but they won't. There was a march in London last week, FSF, which I'm pleased they did again, but nothing happens of it. Premier League don't seem to care about us fans. It is a disgrace though.

Talk about elitism lol

I won't go because it's £50. I have no issues affording it but it's a matter of principle for me that paying this much for a ticket is wrong and only contributing to the madness that is ticket pricing in this country.

It's an absolute disgrace that prices can go up by 1000% above inflation over 20 years.

Football must be affordable and accessible to all.

I take it you turn your eyes away from Sky and never watch a match on there or BT Sport in protest?

Thought not.

As a fox living in London, £50 does not seem unreasonable. West end theatre shows are around that range and watching your team against Chelsea is a "premium product". Of course it would be better if it was £30 but it would also be great if my rent was the same as living in Leicester. Unfortunately that is what you have to deal with in an over populated capital. Side point it costs me with travel £50 a match to go to a home game but I am happy to do that for all opposition whether it be Chelsea or Burnley because I can afford to and I want to see my team. It is all about choices.

Guest MattP

I take it you turn your eyes away from Sky and never watch a match on there or BT Sport in protest?

Thought not.

I don't get the correlation here?

No, why would anyone? It's pointless, the only protest that would actually work is not going to games.

Where's the best place to drink pre-match? We were thinking about starting round Fulham Broadway.

Don't want to find overpriced bars like we did on New Year's Day against Millwall when we were paying £6.20 a pint.

White horse at Parsons Green is nice pub to drink. 

Yes there is, and that is not pay the ridiculous prices, Chelsea would soon drop their prices if they ended up with an empty away end.

The reason why tickets for football are increasing exponentially is because daft buggers will pay it, simple economics. When supply is fixed to maximize you profits you increase prices until demand slows. By paying the exorbitant prices you are justifying their pricing strategy. 

Wasn't it Man City away to Arsenal where they were trying to charge £62 and they went, fvck that, boycotted the game, ok, it didn't stop Arsenal charging them £64 this season, but it did raise awareness and Man City are now subsidising the cost of the Arsenal match for their STHs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2727908/Manchester-City-cut-cost-64-Arsenal-tickets-half-travelling-supporters.html

It also seems to be a bit tit for tat with other clubs, you charge our fans more, then we'll charge your fans more, which is just daft as it ends up increasing the cost for every fan.

So surely the moral of the story is that boycotting games does nothing at all?

Yes there is, and that is not pay the ridiculous prices, Chelsea would soon drop their prices if they ended up with an empty away end.

The reason why tickets for football are increasing exponentially is because daft buggers will pay it, simple economics. When supply is fixed to maximize you profits you increase prices until demand slows. By paying the exorbitant prices you are justifying their pricing strategy.

Wasn't it Man City away to Arsenal where they were trying to charge £62 and they went, fvck that, boycotted the game, ok, it didn't stop Arsenal charging them £64 this season, but it did raise awareness and Man City are now subsidising the cost of the Arsenal match for their STHs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2727908/Manchester-City-cut-cost-64-Arsenal-tickets-half-travelling-supporters.html

It also seems to be a bit tit for tat with other clubs, you charge our fans more, then we'll charge your fans more, which is just daft as it ends up increasing the cost for every fan.

your 1st line is wrong tho. because clubs like chelsea and utd etc know they can sell that ticket to a day tripper for the same or more. so they will just reduce the away allocations or sell them in stages meaning if they have blocks left they can fill them with home supporters.

So surely the moral of the story is that boycotting games does nothing at all?

It won't anyway. This is my point. Although prices are ridiculous, it should be the Premier League that cap it, but they don't seem to care about football at all. I'd just like the Premier League to liquidate and we go back to divisions 1,2,3,4 all governed by the FA.

White horse at Parsons Green is nice pub to drink. 

Is right...good ales & food and if you're around Charing Cross the Harp is a cracker.

As an aside, Chelsea & Spurs had a right tear up at Parson's Green a while back, kitchen implements involved & allsorts! Shouldn't put you off though, it's a lovely boozer.

****ing rugby league at Wembley looks like parking at stanmore is a no go. traffic jam as soon as you leave m1.

****ing rugby league at Wembley looks like parking at stanmore is a no go. traffic jam as soon as you leave m1.

Any other suggestions on where to park?

Archived