Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes1

Chelsea Away

Its an away day, always big expense regardless of the ticket price.

Don't see what difference twenty quid or so on the ticket price makes to an away day when a lot of people have an expensive train, food, drinks etc...

What's an extra £20?

Its an away day, always big expense regardless of the ticket price.

Don't see what difference twenty quid or so on the ticket price makes to an away day when a lot of people have an expensive train, food, drinks etc...

What's an extra £20?

Probably a weeks worth of hot meals for some people. You can't deicide what's a lot and what isn't, it's all relative.

Probably a weeks worth of hot meals for some people. You can't deicide what's a lot and what isn't, it's all relative.

If £20 is that much to someone, then they probably shouldn't be going to away days full stop.

I'm talking about the people who would go if it was £30, but wont because it's £50.

No offence but if people are choosing between hot meals and an away day over the sake of £20 they shouldn't really be going!

I agree with Stevosevic on this one

Just because we charge similar doesn't mean it's alright. Their pricing is disgusting, as is ours if that's the case.

Always makes me laugh when fans use the poor actions of someone's own club against that person as if they've got any say.

Leicester's season ticket prices were very decent this year in my opinion but the matchday ones are predictably scandalous.

Always makes me laugh when fans use the poor actions of someone's own club against that person as if they've got any say.

Leicester's season ticket prices were very decent this year in my opinion but the matchday ones are predictably scandalous.

In defence of the club I don't think match day pricing is that bad. While you have to be quick off the mark, 30 pounds to see a grade A game is fair on my view.

40+ for a likely relegation battling team is certainly steep though.

For me the 75 pound booking fees (gold memberships as the club calls them) are truly scandalous.

If £20 is that much to someone, then they probably shouldn't be going to away days full stop.

I'm talking about the people who would go if it was £30, but wont because it's £50.

Talk about elitism lol

I won't go because it's £50. I have no issues affording it but it's a matter of principle for me that paying this much for a ticket is wrong and only contributing to the madness that is ticket pricing in this country.

It's an absolute disgrace that prices can go up by 1000% above inflation over 20 years.

Football must be affordable and accessible to all.

Talk about elitism lol

I won't go because it's £50. I have no issues affording it but it's a matter of principle for me that paying this much for a ticket is wrong and only contributing to the madness that is ticket pricing in this country.

It's an absolute disgrace that prices can go up by 1000% above inflation over 20 years.

Why? Lots of things aren't affordable to all.

It's like whining that a Ferrari costs loads of money and then saying it's a disgrace because cars should be accessible to all.

It's like whining that a Ferrari costs loads of money and then saying it's a disgrace because cars should be accessible to all.

Difference is that only a few decades ago, football was still very affordable. 

Ferrari's have never been affordable to the common man.

Been told this is now sold out, mate went in at lunch to get an extra ticket and try and get 4 together as we are dotted about and got told he couldn't get the extra.

Sorry, I must have got the last tickets then, costs a bit less for those of us who live in the smoke.

Except football isn't a luxury good, it's a sport that has been watched by people of all backgrounds for over a century and is now pricing out the people that made the sport great.

But don't let that get in the way of you defending idiots for bleeding you dry.

It would be embarrassing if we failed to sell out at £20 a ticket, not £50. Not everyone spends loads on drinks away from the ground, it could make a huge difference to some.

We have a solid away support and last season showed if the prices are fairly reasonable we'll take a lot. Barnsley, Doncaster, Huddersfield, Wigan, Charlton- hardly glamourous (compared to Chelsea) and we took great numbers.

Our support will be fine at plenty of other grounds this season.

But you won't use that Ferrari for once a season. Plus if you're buying a Ferrari, I'm pretty sure that money is little issue. £50 last season would've got you ticket and travel to pretty much every away game. Some people live on a budget and an extra £20 might be a big deal to those with less of a disposable income. There's two ways to look at it, the arrogant way or the other way.

But you won't use that Ferrari for once a season. Plus if you're buying a Ferrari, I'm pretty sure that money is little issue. £50 last season would've got you ticket and travel to pretty much every away game. Some people live on a budget and an extra £20 might be a big deal to those with less of a disposable income. There's two ways to look at it, the arrogant way or the other way.

Then you have to pick and choose which games to go to, I don't like the fact it's £50 a ticket, but I'd much rather we were having to pay that for Chelsea than 20 quid for Barnsley. Unfortunately if people will pay it clubs will sell tickets for whatever they want.

For arguments sake and on the point of elitism; haven't we just joined the elite?

If people are into grass roots football at low prices (or for free) why not just go more local and support Thurnby Rangers or the like? 

I do think football at Premier League level is way too expensive for what it's worth...

I'm not defending it, I'm just saying that's the way it is now and there's nothing we can do about it.

Yes there is, and that is not pay the ridiculous prices, Chelsea would soon drop their prices if they ended up with an empty away end.

The reason why tickets for football are increasing exponentially is because daft buggers will pay it, simple economics. When supply is fixed to maximize you profits you increase prices until demand slows. By paying the exorbitant prices you are justifying their pricing strategy. 

Wasn't it Man City away to Arsenal where they were trying to charge £62 and they went, fvck that, boycotted the game, ok, it didn't stop Arsenal charging them £64 this season, but it did raise awareness and Man City are now subsidising the cost of the Arsenal match for their STHs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2727908/Manchester-City-cut-cost-64-Arsenal-tickets-half-travelling-supporters.html

It also seems to be a bit tit for tat with other clubs, you charge our fans more, then we'll charge your fans more, which is just daft as it ends up increasing the cost for every fan.

Guest MattP

Talk about elitism lol

Exactly the same here, could pay the 50 quid to go but I simply won't on principle as this madness just never ends if we keep on shelling out. I've set a limit of 35 which I think is fair and I'll stick to that.

I'd feel complicit in the ripping off of my fellow supporters if I carry on paying prices like this to fund club's like Chelsea's wage bill.

Of course its make my decision easier this year you can wander down the pub or set the laptop up to watch in 90% of away games lol

Archived