Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ivarti

Matt Upson ?

Ian Stringer @StringerSport  ·  36m

Pearson told @BBCLeicester of his surgery now The Mirror claim #LCFC defender Matthew Upson is out for 3 months with that ankle problem

Has this been confirmed by the club? I thought he had a foot problem when Pearson was interviewed after the Weder Bremmen match.

Entering the season with only 3 centre backs and no cover at right back is a concern.

3 months essentially means he wouldn't be match fit until mid December.

Weren't Stoke playing Huth & Shawcross in those games? He played

If not then what about the time he was part of a defence, which conceded 5 against Bolton. Will be decide out team is useless if someone spanks us this year?

Upson didn't play a whole lot of games for Stoke, most of the time he was on the bench, we have him for experience mostly but still already injured is an excellent start. Of course it's not a good start, but these things happen. The bloke played virtually every game last year, which for someone of his age is pretty impressive.

Upson had to drop down a division for a reason, and despite being good enough for the Championship, doesn't necessarily mean he will be good enough for the Premier League again. And I repeat Alex Bruce didn't play in the prem for a reason. Conversely, just because he wasn't wanted at Stoke, doesn't mean he couldn't come in a do a job for us now and again.

Should have gone for Caulker!!!.. Our preseason signings have been awful!!... Very disappointed (and shocked) with the lack of ambition by the club... Think we'll pay the ultimate price for that!...

So, without seeing them play our signings are awful lol

I dont see why people are writing off our defence without a ball being kicked! Are morgan, moore or wasyl not good enough? Of course they are, they have worked hard and deserve to be there!

Stop with the negativity and support your bloody team!

Upson.. Injured!.. Albrighton.. Injured!... Ulloa (unproven in premier league), and Hamer..... Do you honesty believe these are good enough signings for the premiership campaign????..

Ahh yes - Pearson should have used that giant fooking crytal ball the birch has under his bed....

Ahh yes - Pearson should have used that giant fooking crytal ball the birch has under his bed....

Making a 36 year old your only defensive reinforcement could be called naive. He played a lot last season granted, but he hasn't got an impeccable injury record before then and with age he is likely to pick up more niggles.

That said, there is still time to get another one in.

Upson.. Injured!.. Albrighton.. Injured!... Ulloa (unproven in premier league), and Hamer..... Do you honesty believe these are good enough signings for the premiership campaign????..

Yeah, Albrighton's a terrible signing as he has a short-term injury and still could be in contention for the first game... let's ignore his talent.

I take it you wouldn't have wanted Rickie Lambert last season? Unproven in the Premier League, after all. Doesn't make Ulloa a bad signing.

I think everyone has seen Upson, Albrighton and Ulloa play Babs. 

For us they haven't and even if they are going off other performances I don't really see how you can come to the conclusion they are awful.  Upson was Brighton's player of the year, Ulloa Brightons top scorer and raved about by most of their fans and Albrighton pretty much Villas best player for the last dozen games.

So because a player is injured it's an awful signing, yah ok. Albrighton is out for about a week FFS.

Do I know they are good enough? No I don't.... BECAUSE I'VE NOT SEEN THEM PLAY IN OUR TEAM.

The players we've signed don't actually bother me in the slightest, what bothers me is that we haven't had enough of them.

Panic on the streets, eh? NO!

Upson, will be the sort of signing for the dressing room regardless of how many minutes he plays. Just like Powell, Phillips and Hammond before him... Are you looking to blame Pearson for his players picking up injuries now? Injuries are part of the game, every team comes across them, so we just have to get on with it. Pearson cannot control which players pick up injuries.

"Unproven in the Premier League". Big wow. As if that's going to effect them. The Premier League is not this scary league people like you make it out to be. We'll be just fine. There have been many players that were "unproven" that have become good Premier League players... Lallana, Lambert etc... Were Lennon, Izzet and Heskey proven? No. There's no difference between then and now in terms of needing to be proven. 

"Premier League experience" is made up. Seriously. What a load of rubbish. If we can't buy/use players that have never played in the Premier League before then what do we do? Our team will never get Premier League experience, will they? We can't just go around trying to sign players with Premier League experience, it doesn't work. Remember 2003/04? All those players were "proven", did they achieve anything here? (Well, apart from Ferdinand and Thatcher who were decent).

It's these sort of posts that piss me off. Get behind Nigel for once. He knows what he is doing, believe me, in fact he knows much more than this forum. It's like some of you want us to fail so that you can say "told you so".

Do you know what? I don't know, because they haven't actually played in the Premier League for Leicester City yet.

Pearson's never made a truly exciting signing and he's delivered Premier League football.

He should've used 'Anothershitseason' Crystal Ball

For us they haven't and even if they are going off other performances I don't really see how you can come to the conclusion they are awful.  Upson was Brighton's player of the year, Ulloa Brightons top scorer and raved about by most of their fans and Albrighton pretty much Villas best player for the last dozen games.

Awful would obviously be pushing it.

Not good enough for the Premier League, valid opinion in my book. Bar Albrighton who I think was a shrewd purchase. 

So, without seeing them play our signings are awful lol

WTF you on about now.

He wasn't good enough for West Ham & he wasn't good enough for Stoke.

He dropped down a division for a reason, so what if he did well for Brighton that is Championship level, since he left the Premier League the quality in the top division has got better, which will probably make it even harder for him. 

WTF you on about now.

He wasn't good enough for West Ham & he wasn't good enough for Stoke.

He dropped down a division for a reason, so what if he did well for Brighton that is Championship level, since he left the Premier League the quality in the top division has got better, which will probably make it even harder for him. 

WTF am I on about, I would have thought it's quite obvious what I'm on about. He said ALL (not just Upson) of our signings were awful. I said until you see them play you cannot say that.

You keep saying "he dropped down for a reason", that's like me saying "Alex Bruce has never played in the premier league for a reason". But he played for Hull last year and they did ok with him in the team. Anyway, I've been through all of this so perhaps just read the thread and stop saying "he dropped down for a reason" like a parrot.

Kingfox, you have literally been wrong about every single player we've ever signed. Perhaps it'll hit home one day you don't have a clue what you're talking about half the time.

WTF am I on about, I would have thought it's quite obvious what I'm on about. He said ALL (not just Upson) of our signings were awful. I said until you see them play you cannot say that.

You keep saying "he dropped down for a reason", that's like me saying "Alex Bruce has never played in the premier league for a reason". But he played for Hull last year and they did ok with him in the team. Anyway, I've been through all of this so perhaps just read the thread and stop saying "he dropped down for a reason" like a parrot.

Kingfox, you have literally been wrong about every single player we've ever signed. Perhaps it'll hit home one day you don't have a clue what you're talking about half the time.

Ah at least you wasn't referring the top line about me, because I haven't said all our signings were awful.

But still Upson probably won't be good enough, here is a few reactions from West Ham fans who saw he had signed for us...

Think you'll find he will be 'injured' that day

Do they not want to stay up then? How on earth has Upson conned another club into giving him a chance with the big boys! He is a liability

Bizarre signing.He is very fortunate.

The worst skipper ever to pull on a West Ham shirt.

He used to dump all the responsibility on Tomkins, when he was still a kid. For that reason alone, Matthew you are a ****!

Never seen a player just give up the way he did in our relegation season. it's shocking to me that anyone employed him after that.

no brains, no b*llocks. awful player to watch

But still Upson probably won't be good enough, here is a few reactions from West Ham fans who saw he had signed for us...

Think you'll find he will be 'injured' that day

Do they not want to stay up then? How on earth has Upson conned another club into giving him a chance with the big boys! He is a liability

Bizarre signing.He is very fortunate.

The worst skipper ever to pull on a West Ham shirt.

He used to dump all the responsibility on Tomkins, when he was still a kid. For that reason alone, Matthew you are a ****!

Never seen a player just give up the way he did in our relegation season. it's shocking to me that anyone employed him after that.

no brains, no b*llocks. awful player to watch

I've got loads of quotes from you and others saying Drinkwater is rubbish and we should get rid. Just because they think that, doesn't mean that's what's true or that's what will happen for us.

We don't know how Pearson saw him fitting in, it could be as a bit part player to help out if we are under the cosh at the end of a game and not much more.

I've got loads of quotes from you and others saying Drinkwater is rubbish and we should get rid. Just because they think that, doesn't mean that's what's true or that's what will happen for us.

We don't know how Pearson saw him fitting in, it could be as a bit part player to help out if we are under the cosh at the end of a game and not much more.

Yet again you bring Drinkwater up, and I've admitted I was wrong many times.

But like with Drinkwater at the time people called him shit, Upson at this moment in time is a signing not many fans expected or wanted, and that fact he is injured already just takes the biscuit. 

But all this coming from a guy who wants a new player in about every position, goes to show how much faith you have in the team.

Archived