Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ivarti

Matt Upson ?

Is there any decent premier league defender we can pull in on loan?

Doubt it. Like Nige said, these sort of loans would command a large fee which would be used to just get a permanent replacement in.

Surprise surprise, What did we expect, an absolutely useless signing.

We need to get proper cover at Centre back as a priority, an injury to Big Wes or RDL and we are fooked. We've no genuine cover whatsoever.

I'd only call him a useless signing at the end of the season.

He was fit during most his time at Brighton and was one of the best CBs in the league.

Nobody could have predicted the injury, it's just one of those things. I hope he gets fit quickly because he could be very important for us.

Crikey a lot of people crying on here, want cover for this or cover for that

Forgetting that cover for cover's sake causes all the problems we only got rid of over the last triumphant season as Pearson worked hard to cast off players upsetting the apple cart because they thought they could pick the team with their name first on it.

A small close knit squad who will go the extra mile for each other is worth 10 also-rans as 'cover'

Record after record after record fell last season & people are writing us off because of perceived issues before we've even kicked a ball.

We need other options upfront, we've got that, we need a better aerial presence at the back particularly for set pieces, and if fit, in Upson we've got that.

A promoted club isn't going to attract any player of real genuine top half of Prem quality until we've survived a season, unless they come purely for the money... and Pearson has not long got rid of those types

I love the way Upson is being blamed for Germany tearing us a new one, yet no one is mentioning that Germany could tear everyone a new one and in fact Upson & the defence as a whole was horribly exposed by unsuitable tactics and a slow as **** midfield with Barry & Milner particularly exposed, but yeah... it's all Upson's fault :/

If Big Wes gets injured, I'd be confident in Was and Moore to step up. 

Not so sure about if De Laet gets injured though, would like competition for him. 

Was in the prem :o and Moore couldn't even get in above him last season :nono:

Archived