Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Champions League 2014-15

wow that's mad. So winning the Cypriot or Belorussian league is now deemed a higher achievement and 'seed' than arsenal, who've made the knockout round of the CL for about every year ever?

Well, yeah, it is the Champions League after all. These 'shit' teams weren't as 'shit' in the past before the big leagues monopolised the European competitions.

When Rangers are sweeping child abuse under the carpet, singing about the elderly dying and mocking the death of soldiers beheaded in the street come back to me.

Until then the fenien bastards remain the vilest in Britain by a mile.

edit:  can't be arsed, it'll just go round and round.

To be fair, it permits more Champions of national leagues.

Well, yeah, it is the Champions League after all. These 'shit' teams weren't as 'shit' in the past before the big leagues monopolised the European competitions.

yeah i get that but meh, i'd rather see both porto and lille or both napoli and bilbao ahead of either red bull salzburg or malmo etc. 

On a lighter note, the UEFA facebook page is currently being flooded by Poles with the hashtag #****UEFA lol

This whole thing is absurd, but perhaps they should be more furious at their own club's staff. Rules are rules.

Guest MattP

No I'm able to seperate myself from that unlike some.

Err..If I was following my religious upbringing I'd be Celtic Ron so I've no idea why that's aimed at me.

I was just wondering, it's strange to see an middle-class Englishman so into Celtic, I've never seen it before.

They're correct.

lol! The days of Scottish sides being big European Clubs are long, long gone  and unlikely to return.

Every Scottish side out of Europe before the season has started and a technicalilty saves one of them.

If i was a Celtic fan i wouldnt be celebrating. Id be embarrassed knowing they are still in the Champions League by default. They were well and truly beaten and that player made absolutely no difference to the scoreline.

But rules are rules so Warsaw have only themselves to blame.

Turns out the player was suspended and missed games so Warsaw thought he had served his suspension. But because they never registered him for the games he missed they never went towards his suspension.

Based on what exactly ? Winning 1 Champions league away game in their History ??? They're got Kris Commons playing for them ??? Seriously no one in Europe gives a fook about the them.

You're very wrong hugo, take it from methey have a massive fanbase outside of scotland and Ireland. I assume your forgetting Celtic winning the european cup and being runners up and reaching the europa cup final lol. And their performances more recently against the likes of Barcelona shows with limited resources they haven't done too badly and punched above their weight on many occassions, don't let your dislike for them cloud the reality.

Err..If I was following my religious upbringing I'd be Celtic Ron so I've no idea why that's aimed at me.

I was just wondering, it's strange to see an middle-class Englishman so into Celtic, I've never seen it before.

lol! The days of Scottish sides being big European Clubs are long, long gone  and unlikely to return.

Every Scottish side out of Europe before the season has started and a technicalilty saves one of them.

I used to work with a lad who was born in England, Schooled in England. Never left England. Yet supports Celtic to death. He likes Derby but his number 1 team is Celtic. He HATES the England team and would rather see England lose. Even to the point where i would ask him if England made the final of the World Cup vs Germany he wanted Germany to destroy us :o

Funny I know plenty. :dunno:

As far as being' big in europe' that is a question of interpretation, big as in success? then no they aren't, not in recent times anyway, unless you count beating the likes of barcelona as not successful?  But as far as fan base, history then yes they are big.

Guest MattP

I used to work with a lad who was born in England, Schooled in England. Never left England. Yet supports Celtic to death. He likes Derby but his number 1 team is Celtic. He HATES the England team and would rather see England lose. Even to the point where i would ask him if England made the final of the World Cup vs Germany he wanted Germany to destroy us :o

Yeah I know one, it's very strange. Celtic used to be a lot of fans 'second team' up until about 10 years ago, thanks to social media etc though they seem to be hated now by most as the press haven't been able to hide the shadier side of the club and the behaviour of their fans like they used too.

One of my best mates is a Celtic fan and he said he'd rather they let Legia through out of embarrassment for the way his side played. i can't feel any sympathy for Legia's fans though, a lot of vile bastards in their stands.

wow that's mad. So winning the Cypriot or Belorussian league is now deemed a higher achievement and 'seed' than arsenal, who've made the knockout round of the CL for about every year ever?

Platini implemented it so that more countries would be represented. To be fair, it's better to see an actual "Champion" than another 4th placed side in there.

Guest MattP

English people like Celtic? WTF 

Weird isn't it, in defence though they are usually people who don't really know what the club is about.

BJK.

And rangers continue to get fans despite all their bigotry, strange world.  Guess some can distance themselves others can't...although that seems only in the case of english fans liking celtic.  I suppose it's like chelsea fans following rangers, seems odd but it happens.

Guest MattP

And rangers continue to get fans despite all their bigotry, strange world.  Guess some can distance themselves others can't...although that seems only in the case of english fans liking celtic.

lol Believe me they are secretly laughing at you if you are English and supporting them, they hate you.

Celtic are far more bigoted than Rangers, who were the first fans to throw bananas at black players? Whose fans were involved in racist chanting at El-Hadji Diouf a few years backs? Who consistently sing about the religion of Britain? And that's without getting into the Lee Rigby, even when their own players are caught racist chanting in pubs they don't sack them lolhttp://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sports-hotline-racist-pub-chant-3381354

Take the specs off Ron, you're living in this 1980's with this World of Celtic love where people had been conned into thinking they were the poor oppressed hard done by lot. Those days are gone now, they have been exposed for what they are.

They are the biggest bigots in Scotland by a mile.

lol Believe me they are secretly laughing at you if you are English and supporting them, they hate you.

Celtic are far more bigoted than Rangers, who were the first fans to throw bananas at black players? Whose fans were involved in racist chanting at El-Hadji Diouf a few years backs? Who consistently sing about the religion of Britain? And that's without getting into the Lee Rigby, even when their own players are caught racist chanting in pubs they don't sack them lolhttp://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sports-hotline-racist-pub-chant-3381354

Take the specs off Ron, you're living in this 1980's with this World of Celtic love where people had been conned into thinking they were the poor oppressed hard done by lot. Those days are gone now, they have been exposed for what they are.

They are the biggest bigots in Scotland by a mile.

Ahh a bigot competition, surely there's nothing more inane in saying oh we're bigoted but not as bigoted as you. Let's feel superior  :D   Might as well say we're less racist than you, the point becomes redundant.

Guest MattP

Ahh a bigot competition, surely there's nothing more inane in saying oh we're bigoted but not as bigoted as you. Let's feel superior  :D   Might as well say we're less racist than you, the point becomes redundant.

Well of course the point was going to be made when you said 'nd rangers continue to get fans despite all their bigotry, strange world.  Guess some can distance themselves others can't...although that seems only in the case of english fans liking celtic' :rolleyes:

Well of course the point was going to be made when you said 'nd rangers continue to get fans despite all their bigotry, strange world.  Guess some can distance themselves others can't...although that seems only in the case of english fans liking celtic' :rolleyes:

Seems valid to me, rangers have plenty of bigots and a range of bigot songs continually sung, just like celtic, some can distance themselves others can't.  But to say one is more bigotted than the other is just unmeasurable and pointless.

Archived