Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Champions League 2014-15

Love that draw for Liverpool. 

To be out of the Champions League for 5 years and to then get the reigning Champions facing you is great for us. 

Realistically, 10 points should get you out of that group unless something daft happens like Arsenal's group last season where I think Napoli went out on 10 points? So we should be picking up 6 points v Ludogorets, 3 points at home to Basel and a point away to Basel which would give us the magic 10. Anything v Real Madrid would obviously be a huge bonus, as I would just be happy to keep both games to two 2-0 losses in truth. 

10 points should take us through as group runners-up and then that would hopefully set us up for a huge game v Barcelona in the next round. 

Napoli went out on 12 points lol Arsenal, Dortmund and Napoli all took 6 off Marseille and 3 each off the other two. Zenit on the flip side qualified out of their group with 6 points and a result going their way on the night they lost 4-1 to Austria Wien. Staggering.

Man City have no luck with these draws what so ever. Chelsea on the other hand....

The reason Man City always seem to get hard groups is because they haven't got a very high coefficient ranking. The longer they keep getting into the champions league and the further they get in the tournament then they'll start getting higher rankings.

The reason Chelsea always get easy groups is because they've done well in the competition for the past 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...
UEFA Champions League 2014 2015

Berlin_2014_2015_UEFA_Champions_League_f

Berlin to host 2015 Champions League final for the first time 

UEFA has announced that the 2015 Champions League final will be held on the Olympiastadion Berlin. 

The stadium was built in Berlin hosted the 1936 Olympics.

Berlin_2014_2015_UEFA_Champions_League_f

Here's to a Real thrashing. :fc:

Obviously, I do know Madrid are the crass underdogs in tonight's encounter with giants FC Basel.

Going well.

What on earth are Liverpool doing on ITV, I thought they had first choice, how is this better than Arsenal Dortmund. 

Going well.

What on earth are Liverpool doing on ITV, I thought they had first choice, how is this better than Arsenal Dortmund.

Cheaper to travel to Liverpool than it is to Dortmund.

They'll show whichever English team is at home on Tuesday.

They can't afford studios half the time so probably something to do with it.

Without a doubt. Noticed it last couple of seasons, they are always at an English club at home on Tuesdays during the group stages.

Jurgen Klopp must be the best in the world at replacing lost players.

Nuri Sahin gone, okay, how about Marco Reus and Gundogan? That'll do.

Gotze wants out? No danger, I fancy that Armenian at Donetsk.

Bayern are nabbing Lewa off me? Well, we signed him for peanuts anyway. We'll give that Immobile a try, he's handy.

Archived