Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky

Atmosphere

They don't complain about it.... hmmm why would that be? Would it have anything to do with the fact it's against the rules of the ground and the terms and conditions of purchasing a ticket. So no, it's not a similar situation. Until you can get it into your brain that it's standers who are in the wrong then there is no point in carry on the conversation is there.

Honestly, what are you waffling about? I've personally got nothing against people wanting to stand, but each game should be judged differently because it's always going to be a different situation. Read the thread, I never had a go at standers, I had a go at those who are ignorant of others. The onus is not on those not breaking the rules of the ground to sort the problem, it's on those who are.

eg. 1) I go to an away game I'm near the back and stood around like minded people all wishing to stand.... so I stand.

eg. 2) I go to an away game and I'm in the middle of the stand with children or elderly people behind me who I would inconvenience by standing.... I sit down.

I'd really rather you didn't, you clearly have a warped opinion of right or wrong so it will only be a load more mumbo jumbo about the person actually in the wrong being in some way inconvenienced.

I think it all boils down to this really: What is more reasonable, that people are asked put in a bit more effort to find appropriate seats (it works both ways) or that a lot of people have to give up their preference when it could be avoided?

Back on topic- our support v Arsenal was absolutely fantastic yet again. It's actually enjoyable going to a home game now. Though it pisses me off because I KNEW our fans across the ground had it in them, it's taken PL football for the majority to pull their finger out/put their mobiles away and be the 12th man. Long may it continue.

Oh and Leeds? Good numbers, no louder than many other sides we will/have come across this season and an absolutely shite range of songs.

Which reminds me, I think our range is now pretty damn good too. We have a song for most of the players, as well as the subs- vardy and drinky on Sunday. That was without Knocky and Was making an appearance. It'd be nice to get a couple of the older chants going, Molly Malone for example. I'll get that going v Man Utd.

I'm loving Leicester fans at the minute.

I've thought that before.

Twenty minutes of We All Love Leeds isn't exactly going to earn them Poet Laureate.

Does anyone else stand while watching Leicester on the telly?

I'm such a good fan, I even stand up to have a shit when Leicester are playing.

Really upset the girlfriend's folks on Sunday.

All joking aside though, it's great to hear our support at the moment. We were beyond loud on Sunday, and totally outsung Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. You're mad if you don't think there's a direct correlation between the number of fans standing at away games and the noise though, there's a reason why away games like Reading, Plymouth and Coventry were always dire.

Don't see why we are debating the atmosphere, wether we stand, sit, old, young, male, female, we are very good this year, let's enjoy it while it lasts.

All this about who's fans are louder and better, Leeds are vile and yes they are loud but boring, and I am glad we are nothing like them.

We are no better or worse than any other fans, but we are unique, because we support leicester, and my only grumble is a lot of fans try to emulate other clubs, with songs and goal celebrations.

Leicester has been well known over the years for their vocal support and good numbers, let's keep it up, even if the season doesn't turn out the way we hope.

They've got MOT, WACCOE, We All Love Leeds and their San Siro song. That's genuinely all I can think of. Wow.

YRA.

The difference for me is when they sing, everyone to a man sings. Everyone knows the words to every song. With us that's not the case, hopefully that changes.

Don't see why we are debating the atmosphere, wether we stand, sit, old, young, male, female, we are very good this year, let's enjoy it while it lasts.

All this about who's fans are louder and better, Leeds are vile and yes they are loud but boring, and I am glad we are nothing like them.

We are no better or worse than any other fans, but we are unique, because we support leicester, and my only grumble is a lot of fans try to emulate other clubs, with songs and goal celebrations.

Leicester has been well known over the years for their vocal support and good numbers, let's keep it up, even if the season doesn't turn out the way we hope.

Yes a rational voice on foxestalk shock

YRA.

The difference for me is when they sing, everyone to a man sings. Everyone knows the words to every song. With us that's not the case, hopefully that changes.

It's a valid point, is it better to have a limited songbook that everyone knows and sings to, or a lots of songs that are sung half heartedly. I always think we give up on chants just as they get going, what always impresses me about Leeds is the way they keep a chant going. After 10 minutes I tend to get bored of hearing the same thing over again, but fair play to them.

We tend get a few chants going, and it starts spreading across the stands then peters out just as it starts to get loud and the part timers start to join in.

Atmosphere so far is fantastic except for.......

the three blokes sat behind me, not sure if they can be described as glass half empty, more like down to the dregs!

Took them 1:21 seconds on sat to start slagging Nuge off as not having the right work ethic, FFS. Possibly slagged off all our players during the 90 mins

YRA.

In fairness, with the exception of MOT, all the songs have no more than ten words. You're right about their volume, mind.

In fairness, with the exception of MOT, all the songs have no more than ten words. You're right about their volume, mind.

That is the difference between us and Leeds fans, they don't care what they are singing as long as they are all singing something and singing it loud.

That is the difference between us and Leeds fans, they don't care what they are singing as long as they are all singing something and singing it loud.

Wouldn't say that. Can't see Leeds following the youtoob fads like others do so willingly.

MOT, YRA and WACCOE are all unique tunes.

Our fans are much better when we are underdogs, this season in most games we will be so the fans respond. I also think the supporters are determined to enjoy it as well. Good mixture.

I think its because everyone thinks we will finish bottom, but when we nick a draw or a win, we like to rub it in, and tbh, I prefer being the underdogs... Less pressure on the players

Archived